Cleaner13 is offline Junior Member

Very quick stupid diet question

I had decided that I would like to cut down before bulking up, instead of the opposite. I want to drop roughly 5-7lbs of fat and I would look optimum in my own opinion

Ive been following alot of these diet threads but most guys I see on here are doing mostly heavy lifiting (or maybe Im just assuming that) but Im gonna be going with the light weights and high reps/sets for now

I was just wondering if the post workout meals for heavy lifters and light lifting are the same?

meaning do I still take the shake right after with dextrose/maltodextrose and then the same meal following?

thanks alot guys and I apologize if its been asked before I looked around and it doesnt seem alot of people are lifting light

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    The meals are the same, the ammounts are adjusted for your body and size.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Don't make the mistake of lifting "light" while dieting, or else you'll send the message to your muscles that you don't need them to be AS STRONG, and they will atrophy no matter how many high reps/sets you do.

Wiser choice is to lift just as heavy if not trying to PUSH YOURSELF, and reduce the VOLUME/FREQUENCY of the workouts. You avoid sending the wrong message, AND you also allow appropriate time to recover each bodypart supplying less nutrients than normal daily, thus needing far more days to fully recover.

~SC~

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Don't make the mistake of lifting "light" while dieting, or else you'll send the message to your muscles that you don't need them to be AS STRONG, and they will atrophy no matter how many high reps/sets you do.

Wiser choice is to lift just as heavy if not trying to PUSH YOURSELF, and reduce the VOLUME/FREQUENCY of the workouts. You avoid sending the wrong message, AND you also allow appropriate time to recover each bodypart supplying less nutrients than normal daily, thus needing far more days to fully recover.

~SC~
    Agree. Do not lift lighter. Lighter weight = less stimulus, which ellicits a lesser response, meaning atrophy will occur. Also, food for thought. Cutting diets require a decrese in total Kcal, why in the world would you decrease your Kcal while increasing your volume of workouts.
    "Im gonna be going with the light weights and high reps/sets for now"

Cleaner13 is offline Junior Member

~SC~

If I can ask you one more quick and I know its not the approriate area, but how many sets/reps range would you recommend ?

thanks

Carl

PS I appreciate everything you guys have on this site and want to thank you guys, cause with the help of many past posts and everyones experiences I have finally stepped up with all the inspiration on this site.

thanks guys

General guide:

1) Each bodypart once per week, or once every 7th day.
    2) 7-8 total sets each large bodypart, 4-5 for small ones.
    3) Rep range of 12-15 for legs, 6-8 for other bodyparts.

~SC~

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    General guide:

1) Each bodypart once per week, or once every 7th day.
    2) 7-8 total sets each large bodypart, 4-5 for small ones.
    3) Rep range of 12-15 for legs, 6-8 for other bodyparts.

~SC~
    is this an overall general guide or a guide to help with cutting swole? just curious

It's a general guide that I utilize to keep my strength/size when dieting for a show or pics.

I go in, do heavy damage and send the message to stay big, then go home and don't come back for that bodypart until a week later. While dieting, it takes longer to fully recover, so you can't train as frequently or a long each time.

Well, you can, but not w/out negatives forcing their way in eventually.

~SC~

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    It's a general guide that I utilize to keep my strength/size when dieting for a show or pics.

I go in, do heavy damage and send the message to stay big, then go home and don't come back for that bodypart until a week later. While dieting, it takes longer to fully recover, so you can't train as frequently or a long each time.

Well, you can, but not w/out negatives forcing their way in eventually.

~SC~

thanx swole!

Thread Information