djacosta is offline Junior Member

Trying to diet while studying

Hi, I dont know if there are any other graduate student out here who have to study all day and late hours at night. Being that the brain uses only carbs to feed itself how does one go about doing a diet plan that could maintain there muscle and loose fat slowly? Does the extra carb intake go towards wha the brain will use? any help would be greatly appreciated.

ToJuice,OrNotToJuice is offline Associate Member
    Whoa bro I don't go indepth enough to caculate how many carbs my brain consumes, I am sure it doesn't make that much of a diff

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Quote Originally Posted by ToJuice,OrNotToJuice
    Whoa bro I don't go indepth enough to caculate how many carbs my brain consumes, I am sure it doesn't make that much of a diff
    Actually, it matters quite a bit. I've found going below 100grams makes me feel like I can't concentrate as well. Over 200 and I feel rather sluggish, and lethargic. Somewhere in the middle is a happy medium. Your body does need carbs to function. Slower burning, low glycemic carbs, such as those conducice to a fat burning diet (i.e. Oatmeal, brown rice) are your best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by rambo
    Actually, it matters quite a bit. I've found going below 100grams makes me feel like I can't concentrate as well. Over 200 and I feel rather sluggish, and lethargic. Somewhere in the middle is a happy medium. Your body does need carbs to function. Slower burning, low glycemic carbs, such as those conducice to a fat burning diet (i.e. Oatmeal, brown rice) are your best bet.

so how do u spread this out if you are studying all day becasue the brain is constantly burning it?? most diets people end up going to bed by 10,11pm and even then they have been relaxing. How about studying everynight till 2-3am do u know what I should do as far how I should spread it out...
    thanks

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Spread it just like you normally would. If you are awake longer, you need more calories. Eat every 2-3 hours like you normally would.

Quote Originally Posted by rambo
    Spread it just like you normally would. If you are awake longer, you need more calories. Eat every 2-3 hours like you normally would.
    ok sorry one last question so do u try to consume so kinda of carbs with every meal or can you skip some meals and not have any carbs?
    thanks

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by djacosta
    ok sorry one last question so do u try to consume so kinda of carbs with every meal or can you skip some meals and not have any carbs?
    thanks
    To put on lean mass meals should be pro/fat or pro/carb... so yes, there are some meals that are without carbs

Thread Information