musclehead1 is offline Member

protein/ carb meals?

hey guy i was wondering about the protein part in the protein/carb meals wat would sum good protein be other than chicken breast.....like what cuts of steak would be good? also would salmon be a good source (it is high in fat, good fat that is) but i thought that fat is a no no in the pro/carb meals?
    thanks

calidude is offline Senior Member
    No matter what kind of protein you eat, it averages to about 15% fat. I like Rib eye, or eye of round. Pork has a good source of protein but it does have a lot of fat. Just eat lean ground beef.

Quote Originally Posted by calidude
    No matter what kind of protein you eat, it averages to about 15% fat. I like Rib eye, or eye of round. Pork has a good source of protein but it does have a lot of fat. Just eat lean ground beef.
    if i can stay away from processed food i would like to. wat about the salmon?

capone_22 is offline Junior Member
    lean ground beef, lean turkey, tuna, maybe some other fishes (whitefish??) are good sources for pro/carb meals.

salmon is not really ideal for pro/carb as like you said --- too much fat. regardless of good fat or not, fat will slow the digestion process.
    hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by capone_22
    lean ground beef, lean turkey, tuna, maybe some other fishes (whitefish??) are good sources for pro/carb meals.

salmon is not really ideal for pro/carb as like you said --- too much fat. regardless of good fat or not, fat will slow the digestion process.
    hope that helps.

okay thanks....any idea on cuts of steak?

calidude is offline Senior Member
    Selecting: Pick fresh, lean cuts

Choose lean cuts, such as pork loin chops, tenderloin or sirloin. Lean cuts of beef include round, chuck, sirloin or loin. Lean pork includes tenderloin and loin chop. Look for USDA Choice or USDA Select grades of beef rather than USDA Prime, which usually has more fat content.
    Avoid meat that is heavily marbled. Marbled meat is veined with fat. Look for meat with the least amount of visible fat.
    Look for moistness and bright color. Red or pink meat is a sign of freshness, although vacuum-packed meats may look slightly purplish for lack of exposure to air. Avoid meat that looks brown, because it may be spoiled.
    Check labels on ground meat. Most stores offer several types of ground meat, with varying percentages of fat by weight. Look for packages with the lowest percentage — 15 percent fat or lower.
    Storing: Where and why

Selecting: Pick fresh, lean cuts

Choose lean cuts, such as pork loin chops, tenderloin or sirloin. Lean cuts of beef include round, chuck, sirloin or loin. Lean pork includes tenderloin and loin chop. Look for USDA Choice or USDA Select grades of beef rather than USDA Prime, which usually has more fat content.
    Avoid meat that is heavily marbled. Marbled meat is veined with fat. Look for meat with the least amount of visible fat.
    Look for moistness and bright color. Red or pink meat is a sign of freshness, although vacuum-packed meats may look slightly purplish for lack of exposure to air. Avoid meat that looks brown, because it may be spoiled.
    Check labels on ground meat. Most stores offer several types of ground meat, with varying percentages of fat by weight. Look for packages with the lowest percentage — 15 percent fat or lower.
    Storing: Where and why

im not in the us so usda doesnt apply to me (im in canada) ....i like sirloin tips they are nice and tender would that be a healthy choice?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    No matter what kind of protein you eat, it averages to about 15% fat.
    I'm afraid that makes no sense.

~SC~

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    i wouldnt use steaks with a pro/carb meal at all, even the leanest cuts like top round have alot of fat. go with chicken, egg whites, turkey ect for pro carbs\

DCB

diesel21 is offline Member
    i use steak in pro carb meals even while really shreding down... works fine for me.. experiment with it and see the results......(also depends on how many carbs your taking in w/ that meal)

Kim2884 is offline Female Member
    Try buffalo...it's very low fat and tastes kind of like steak..a little different, but it's red meat at least.

Thread Information