Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member

Help I'm getting fat!!!!!!!

I have been putting on the pounds lately. I have been slacking in the gym, eating like crap, and drinking too much! I have been trying to hit the cardio a ton, but I have been soo busy lately with my kid its been hard. I'm also a bit bumbed out about my job situ... I need some help here!

I have been off gear for 4 months, and I can't get back on until we have a kid... AHHHHH!

I need some pic me up guys

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    U gotta keep going bro.

It's seems as if it's buggin' ya, so that's a good thing. Perhaps that will help you to get your (__!__) in gear!

I just made it into a magazine again, and it's because I work very hard on my body, everyday, and I make it my priority. At times I don't feel like doing what I "have to" do, but I always get it done. It's notoriety like that which keeps me going. It's me, it's who I am, it's second nature. I am sure if "it's in ya", it'll come out and you'll reach your goals and beyond.

Good lucK!
    ~SC~

Thanks SC

The Dynasty is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdawg50
    I have been putting on the pounds lately. I have been slacking in the gym, eating like crap, and drinking too much! I have been trying to hit the cardio a ton, but I have been soo busy lately with my kid its been hard. I'm also a bit bumbed out about my job situ... I need some help here!

I have been off gear for 4 months, and I can't get back on until we have a kid... AHHHHH!

I need some pic me up guys
    Hey, bro, I'm no expert or anything--only 21 years old college kid who really just recently getting into the whole lifetime heatlh commitment thing, but I'll tell you this:

The fact that you came on this board and asked for help is telling me one thing: that it's definitely in you to get started up again. I'm sure you're not the only one who "slacks" off from time to time. We're human, ya know. But I say, when you get like that, just look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself, "Am I happy with who I am?" If you're not, then most likely, you won't be happy with anyone else (ie your wife and kid(s))--now not only are you hurting yourself, but you're neglecting the ones, as a husband and father, you should be putting a lot of love into. It all begins with YOU bro.

GET IN THAT GYM AND PUMP IRON LIKE YOU'RE THE DEVIL HIMSELF!!!!!!
    It only gets easier from there, man. Trust me. Good luck with everything, bro. I'm praying for ya.

Peace. The Dynasty

Thanks bro

eggplant is offline Member
    i'm in the same boat(sort of) as you not too long ago..but the only difference was i was being plain lazy. i'm now in full gear and has been doing great since. my diet is in check and everything has fall into place just nicely. and all these wouldn't had taken place without those motivational words from swole..now,its time i motivate someone! get going bro!

The TooL is offline Junior Member
    yep its hard to get back on the band wagon after u have fallen off. Point is do ur exercise even when u dont want to. Consistency is the key good luck man

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Good luck bro, keep us posted with your progress once you get going.

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    I know it's hard to get that mentality back once you lose it.. i have been away from this board for a while.. it was because i lost focus and just did not care anymore. I lifted once in while, but once in a while is not enough. I am just not getting that "go for it" mentality back.. baby steps. One day you will wake up with it.

The TooL is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMike J
    I know it's hard to get that mentality back once you lose it.. i have been away from this board for a while.. it was because i lost focus and just did not care anymore. I lifted once in while, but once in a while is not enough. I am just not getting that "go for it" mentality back.. baby steps. One day you will wake up with it.
    yup just take baby steps, just focus on getting ur self in the gym everyday and take it from there. As soon as u start making some gains again and start feeling good about urself dedication and more self motivation will thus follow.

dont worry im in the same boat man, im just tryin to go the the gym everyday. eventhough im struggling with weights i use to warm up with im just trying some new things to get my motor running.

good luck

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Keep your chin up bro...these things happen. I agree with what was said above, you came here to let us know so that tells me you are concerned and will make it out of this small rut you are in...

Once you get going again you will remember how good it feels to walk out of the gym with a good pump and feeling great. You know this....

Got in today, I feel a lot better about going. did some cardio in the am and got a good chest workout in. Just trying to stay focused is hard.
    Thanks guys

Thread Information