huzbetta is offline New Member

carb load for contest on ckd

how would one go about his last week before a show in terms of carb loading while on a ckd..? you obviously can not reduce the carbs at the beginning of the week...

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Why would one be on a CKD before a show anyhow?

In any event, I have a final week contest preparation that can be found at my Vizual X-Cellence Virtual Library @ my forums. It was also in T-Mag, and it kicks @ss.

~SC~

Gracias!

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Why would one be on a CKD before a show anyhow?

~SC~
    its not actually a show..its actually an event i was preparing for...

ill check it out thanks

Good deal!

Show/event/beach, etc., it's still a crap shoot going from a CKD to a full carb load to try and attempt to look perfect for that time period.

~SC~

i know a lot of people are against the ckd diet and prefer tkd or other low carb diets but i like the way i feel on the diet, the way my body responds, and the food which allows me to stay on the diet without much cheating...anyways in order to come in looking my best for day X what kind of strategy can i use...should i come off the diet for the last month and bump up the carbs and lower the fat in order to reintroduce the carbs ....maybe switch to a tkd ?and also i found the 7 day prep thread and it is very informative...good ****
    Last edited by huzbetta; 10-20-2004 at 11:50 AM.

looks like his question was answerd, so, why do people load up on carbs before a show? To get the "full" look? I would think that would make you look puffy...

Quote Originally Posted by huzbetta
    i know a lot of people are against the ckd diet and prefer tkd or other low carb diets but i like the way i feel on the diet, the way my body responds, and the food which allows me to stay on the diet without much cheating...anyways in order to come in looking my best for day X what kind of strategy can i use...should i come off the diet for the last month and bump up the carbs and lower the fat in order to reintroduce the carbs ....maybe switch to a tkd ?and also i found the 7 day prep thread and it is very informative...good ****
    Exactly, ease into a total carb up. You are going to have to watch your sodium levels too (I don't mean keep them low on purpose) when it comes to introducing carbs, to see how much you "spill" over, at what amount, etc. So, if you eat like this for a few weeks, you can see where you have to adjust when it comes time to totally deplete, then carb back up for the said event.

~SC~

thanks bro..

Thread Information