madjsp is offline Junior Member

Dieting Questions

I have some questions, but i'm going to provide some background first.

I'm 22 years old, and wanting to get back into that infamous high school shape that everyone wants to be. I lifted all through highschool, but once that ended so did my motivation. For various reasons my eating habits and work out habits got very poor, and i'm tired of being how I am. I'm looking to not only improve my physique, but also the mental problems with being over weight.

In LeanMeOut's thread, he said a lot of good things, but I'm unclear on how it will help me. First, i wish i was 200 pounds. then i wouldn't be needing this much help!

In the sample diet, the workout was before a post workout meal and then 2 more meals. what kind of time frame does this have? I'm a full time student taking night classes so on certain days i don't have time to lift until later. How would i change this accordingly?

Also, a lot of the foods listed (oil, salmon, and such) i might not be able to afford cause i am quite poor these days. Schooling is getting so expensive.

For supplements, what else can i use that might be more natural or cheaper, or if I can even use them? I am currently prescribed synthroid for my thyroid problem (another drawback for my weight) and how will any of this affect my condition?

For cardio i'd love to play basketball, but i don't know how my heart rate will stay as high as it's supposed to be, not to mention my ankle will probably hurt quite often from this. What are some good low-impact cardio workouts that will work well?

Oh for carb shakes, myoplex? will that work out?

Thanks for any help that you can offer!

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    IN CAPS BUDDY. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by madjsp
    I have some questions, but i'm going to provide some background first.

I'm 22 years old, and wanting to get back into that infamous high school shape that everyone wants to be. I lifted all through highschool, but once that ended so did my motivation. For various reasons my eating habits and work out habits got very poor, and i'm tired of being how I am. I'm looking to not only improve my physique, but also the mental problems with being over weight.
    IT ALL STARTS IN THE MIND, AND IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU GOT THE RIGHT ATTITUDE.

In LeanMeOut's thread, he said a lot of good things, but I'm unclear on how it will help me. First, i wish i was 200 pounds. then i wouldn't be needing this much help!
    HOW MUCH ARE YOU KNOW. LMO'S STICKY IS FOR BULKING NE HOW AND IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU WANT TO CUT UP CORRECT? IF THIS IS THE CASE READ RAMBOS CUTTING STICKY.

In the sample diet, the workout was before a post workout meal and then 2 more meals. what kind of time frame does this have? I'm a full time student taking n... ight classes so on certain days i don't have time to lift until later. How would i change this accordingly?
    IF YOU LIFT AT SAY 10AM YOU WOULD HAVE YOUR PWO SHAKE 15 MINS AFTER YOUR LAST SET AND THEN YOUR PPWO MEAL 45-60 MINS AFTER THAT. IF YOU LIFT AT SAY 9PM LIKE YOU MIGHT, THEN YOU DO THE SAME THING, PWO 15MINS AFTER LAST SET AND THEN PPWO MEAL 45-60 MINS. DONT WORRY THE CARBS WONT HURT YOU AT THIS TIUME B/C THEY ARE BEING USED TO REPAIR MUSCLE GLYCOGEN

Also, a lot of the foods listed (oil, salmon, and such) i might not be able to afford cause i am quite poor these days. Schooling is getting so expensive.
    OLIVE OIL IS A GOOD SUB AND IT IS INEXPENSIVE. SO ARE NUTS, NATURAL PB ECT.

For supplements, what else can i use that might be more natural or cheaper, or if I can even use them? I am currently prescribed synthroid for my thyroid problem (another drawback for my weight) and how will any of this affect my condition?
    AN ECA STACK MIGHT HELP YOU (SEE SUPP FORUM) BUT IF YOUR DIET AND CARDIO ARE IN CHECK THEN YOU SHOULDNT NEED NETHING

For cardio i'd love to play basketball, but i don't know how my heart rate will stay as high as it's supposed to be, not to mention my ankle will probably hurt quite often from this. What are some good low-impact cardio workouts that will work well?
    CARDIO 45-60 MINS FIRST THING IN THE AM ON AN EMPTY STOMACH. ALOT OF PPL HERE DO AN INCLINE WALK, RIDE THE BIKE OR USE THE HOMOGAY ELIPTICAL MACHINE

Oh for carb shakes, myoplex? will that work out?
    GARBAGE. . .DESTROSE AND WHEY IS THE BEST PWO SHAKE YOU CAN FIND
    (DEXTROSE AVAILABLE AT WWW.KENTNUTRITION.COM)

Thanks for any help that you can offer!
    GOOD LUCK WITH EVERYTHING BRO

DCB

sorry about that I meant Rambo's. I was looking for the name and i happened to look at the wrong one.

its all good, i new what ya ment

dcb

fritz2435 is offline Member
    Tuna, whey, olive oil, brown rice, and oatmeal are all cheap ways to eat clean. Also, you can get chicken breasts when they're half off at your local grocery store.

hahaha, homogay eliptical machine Those things are pretty gay, buti wouldn't say that outloud atmy gym cause alot of big fackers use them.

Quote Originally Posted by )(PimP JuicE)(
    hahaha, homogay eliptical machine Those things are pretty gay, buti wouldn't say that outloud atmy gym cause alot of big fackers use them.
    at my gym the only ppl that use them are fat chicks. why they still fat?

dcb

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by dalcowbag
    why they still fat?

dcb
    LMFAO!!!!!!!!!

~SC~

Boost n Juice is offline Associate Member
    You can also get fat free deli sliced turkey breast cheap, I pay $2.99/lbs at my food market...Just make sure you get one that's low in sodium...

Buy a large amount of whey, dextrose, natural pb and olive oil. Once a week buy whole unsalted almonds, eggs, chicken breasts, tuna cans, and turkey slices. Beef would be great too, but will be the most expensive...

Quote Originally Posted by Boost n Juice
    You can also get fat free deli sliced turkey breast cheap, I pay $2.99/lbs at my food market...Just make sure you get one that's low in sodium...

Buy a large amount of whey, dextrose, natural pb and olive oil. Once a week buy whole unsalted almonds, eggs, chicken breasts, tuna cans, and turkey slices. Beef would be great too, but will be the most expensive...

You mean lean beef right? and ground, or steaks that i can grill.

And where would i get dextrose, and more importantly, what is it and what does it do?

Boost n Juice is offline Associate Member
    When I said Beef, it means lean beef/steak...

Do a search on PWO (post work out nutrition), it will explain in detail what it does. What it is: A shake, 2/1 ratio of dextrose/protein you drink within 15 minutes of working out. Dextrose is a form of sugar, can be bought at www.barryfarms.com, pretty inexpensive. Also, sweettart candies are 95%+ dextrose, so you can munch on those, only immediately after a workout until your shippment arrives...

Quote Originally Posted by Boost n Juice
    When I said Beef, it means lean beef/steak...

Do a search on PWO (post work out nutrition), it will explain in detail what it does. What it is: A shake, 2/1 ratio of dextrose/protein you drink within 15 minutes of working out. Dextrose is a form of sugar, can be bought at www.barryfarms.com, pretty inexpensive. Also, sweettart candies are 95%+ dextrose, so you can munch on those, only immediately after a workout until your shippment arrives...

oooh! Thanks! i'll look into that stuff.

Thanks for all the help everyone!

Thread Information