The Dynasty is offline Junior Member

Milk (Casein) Protein Isolate Question

Hey whatsup fellas and ladies,

Quick question. Ever since reading a crapload of posts about the subject, I've quit eating dairy products. I'm in the process of cutting, and I want my cut looking as clean as possible, ya know? But I was wondering about Milk (or casein, same thing) Protein Isolate--I was going to purchase some from All The Whey. My only reason for this purchase would be to have the perfect pre-bed meal (while mixing in some EFAs), since the protein is a very slow digested protein. Previously I would just down about 36g of whey isolate with 2tbsp of natty pb before bed, but I'm tired of wasting my whey isolate. Is the casein protein isolate considered dairy or does the fact that it's an isolate (hardly any carbs) negate the whole "dairy effect" during my cut?

Here's a link to the product and its nutritional info. Let me know what u think:

http://www.allthewhey.com/mpi.html

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Great stuff!

~SC~

fritz2435 is offline Member
    Gonna have to get me some... I didn't know allthewhey made casein!

fritz2435 is offline Member
    My roommate's gonna love it after I drink a ton of milk protein, cause I'm lactose intolerant!

longhornDr is offline Member
    You know that whey comes from milk too right?

The only reason dairy gets a bad rap is because many people are lactose intolerant to some degree and it will cause bloating in some.

There's nothing inherently bad about dairy for cutting, in fact it may be the opposite. There are several very good studies showing that milk increases fat loss and can change body composition.

The Dynasty is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Great stuff!

~SC~
    So I'm all set if I take that stuff (along with an EFA blend I'll be purchasing from Kent--I'm sure you knw about that one too )? If I am all set, how much protein should I down?

1.5-2 G per lb. body weight...try to eat as many whole meals as possible, shakes are only there for when you can't make a meal...

cb25 is offline Banned
    the "bad" part of milk products is the lactose...you should have nothing to worry about consuming a casein shake - so long as it's lactose free.

casein, as you've said...is a good pre-bedtime protein source.

Thread Information