simplecanibus is offline Associate Member

Best thing to eat inthe cafeteria?

Well, i've been putting in some long hours in college, and I have to eat in order to not lose muscle at the least, or else I wouldn't even eat in the cafeteria. So, what should I eat? I've been doing vegetarian burritos, no cheese or sour cream, it's a pretty good carb meal except for the flour tortilla. But some advice please. I know you guys don't know exactly what they serve at my college, but just give me some ideas of what to look for. Thanks.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Bring your own food in tupperware...

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    alot are in your situation bro. . .buy the cheap things like tuna, olive oil and oatmeal and eat them on the run. but when i am in a rut i will buy 4 steak tacos and just eat the steak and throw out the rest. .a decent pro/ fat meal considering the alternatives

dcb

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by simplecanibus
    give me some ideas of what to look for.
    Chicks in your college w/big asses!

Preferably Latinas!

~SC~

ya man, but meat tacos are like $2.50 in the cafeteria. that's a lot. maybe i'll try and do cans of tuna, but i rarely run to my car even so i'd have to carry a big ass lunch box. i think i'll get pretty popular.....ya right

On a serious note, she doesn't have to be Latina........

Nah, really, a cafeteria is going to give you very limited options. Some total fat/pro meals can be found, but it's very rare to find a clean carb/pro meal. Usually all of the food has fats/carbs mixed, and for the majority of fitness enthusiasts wishing to eat clean, that doesn't fit the bill.

~SC~

hahahaha, you know what, forget the cafeteria, i'll feast on latinas! i got a little fetish for them anyways. thanks for the advice bro!

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Chicks in your college w/big asses!

Preferably Latinas!

~SC~
    always lookin for them dark skinned girls. IT sucks in my school, all the b*tches are smart, so they "respect" themselves too much. AHHH....
    but DAYYYUUUM theres this asian girl i been toyin with lately...
    barrel chested with a waste like my forearm...mmmmm mmm good

~SC~
    on a serious note, your wifey read your posts ever?
    bet she'd wanna lay the smack down on your big muscular ass

Boost n Juice is offline Associate Member
    Bring in sliced deli turkey breasts that's low in salt...It's very cheap...

Quote Originally Posted by angelxterminator
    on a serious note, your wifey read your posts ever?
    bet she'd wanna lay the smack down on your big muscular ass
    She knows I love Latinas!

U can take Swole away from the Latinas, but you can't take the Latina love outta Swole.

My chica is the best/most understanding woman I've known, she is my true soldier.

~SC~

Kim2884 is offline Female Member
    It depends on what your cafeteria offers... I had no trouble with my dining hall. I got egg white omelettes and oatmeal in the morning...I made turkey sandwiches with light, whole-wheat bread, salads with or without meat, whole fruits, I usually had a steamed vegetable option like broccoli or green beans, and often they'd even have something like baked fish, or rotisserie turkey. There were quite a few times I got breaded chicken and scraped off the breading if I was desperate for a protein source and didn't have any other option.

cb25 is offline Banned

Nah, really, a cafeteria is going to give you very limited options. Some total fat/pro meals can be found, but it's very rare to find a clean carb/pro meal. Usually all of the food has fats/carbs mixed, and for the majority of fitness enthusiasts wishing to eat clean, that doesn't fit the bill.

~SC~
    i disagree.

of course she has to be latina

and i think someone else said it...but if you have to, bring your own food. i may look like an idiot carrying around a big ass bag of food all the time...but it's better than the alternatives of a)not eating or b)feasting on garbage food.

She knows I love Latinas!

U can take Swole away from the Latinas, but you can't take the Latina love outta Swole.

My chica is the best/most understanding woman I've known, she is my true soldier.

~SC~
    good for you brotha. My girl is a stupid b*tch when it comes to other women and the related. Maybe i coudl get a girl as understanding as yours one day!!!

(and maybe she'll have dark skin, junk in the trunk and a set of J-Lo lips)
    wouldn't that be nice

Quote Originally Posted by angelxterminator
    good for you brotha. My girl is a stupid b*tch when it comes to other women and the related. Maybe i coudl get a girl as understanding as yours one day!!!

(and maybe she'll have dark skin, junk in the trunk and a set of J-Lo lips)
    wouldn't that be nice
    N-deed!

First thing I noticed on my wife was that "ashtray @$$"

You can set your ashtray on that thing, DAYUM!!!!!!!

~SC~

OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    How big is your college bro? The first state college I went too was like 4th down in line for biggest schools in our state and their caffeteria still offered tons of food to choose from to either help cut or bulk.

fritz2435 is offline Member
    My college caf usually has a decent source of protein (burgers, chicken breast, or fish) in the main caf line, but we also have a sandwich bar. I usually eat over 2 lbs of roast beef/shaved turkey/hard salami a day!

JKali is offline Female Member
    Seriously, the best thing is to make your food and carry it with you. Who cares if you have a big bag? Unless you can be totally discplined with buffet lines, etc. The problem is that most of the breads, lunch meat, they buy in bulk. You never know how much hydrogenated oils are really in the "wheat breads" and other foods anyway, so the chances are most things aren't going to work for a cutting diet. Your best bet is to carry protein shake mix, tuna, etc. and balsalmic vin. then if you're in a dire situation you can grab some salad (with grilled chicken) steamed veggies (though usually they're boiled not steamed because cafeteria's have to make the most food in the fastest way, and most of the best nutrients are lost when they boil). We had the worst cafeteria and it was buffet style so I tended to stick with egg whites, grilled chicken, salad and oatmeal (on days they had it). If I knew then what I know now... oh man.

Thread Information