jay monkey is offline New Member

artificial sweeteners

its ok to use artificial sweeteners in oatmeal and stuff right cuz somtimes i end up putting in a lot jus to make it taste good.. the ones i use are 2 cals per packet and i put in like 4-5 at a time and i do it like twice a day.. i only ask cuz someone told me it can make u diabetic or something
    the brand i use doesnt have aspartame in it either

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    Haha dont believe that nonsense about them causing cancer or heart disease etc. I saw a study about a year ago indicating that no one has ever died as a direct result of artificial sweetners. Everything it seems causes cancer so if you choose to live your life worrying about what the next product is that will kill you then go ahead, but I will slam my splenda and eat my mercury filled tuna in the mean time.

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    Good news to me....I add a **** spoon full of splenda with my oatmeal every morning...

mfenske is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne
    Everything it seems causes cancer so if you choose to live your life worrying about what the next product is that will kill you then go ahead, but I will slam my splenda and eat my mercury filled tuna in the mean time.
    Dude, so true. I was watching a class the other day about cancer and what to do to help prevent it. I did all of the things, still got it. I think the whole mercury and tuna thing is blown out of proportion, though I must admit I do get a little worried with all the tuna I eat. Not to mention the artificial sweeteners. Mark

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    im lean enuf for a show rite now and am still using splenda regularly...will probably only have to cut it out the week before. and i used a lot....did an extra 5 minutes a day of cardio just for the hell of it for my own personal relief....i wouldnt stress it though

Iowa is offline Banned
    the whole scare with artificial sweeters is related to PKU. No need to worry unless you're pregnant or an infant. Ill try to find some more info to post.

Thread Information