Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame

Diet Hang-Ups. What's yours??

What is the biggest dietary interference/hang-up that you experience either daily/every few days/weekly, etc.

Mine is my wife buying all kinds of fun food for our 5 year old that is definitely NOT good for me.

(Our son eats healthy, but he of course has some treats, as he's a kid!)

~SC~

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    i would have to say, home cooking (grandmother) traditional southern cooking. you know loaded with fats and carbs..mmmm! hard to pass up

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    working out of town alot, hard to find good food living in hotels

Aboot is offline Banned
    It's the frequent eating. Honestly, instead of the 6-7 meals I eat in a day I would much prefer to eat 2-3 meals a day. However, maintaining 250 lbs+ on 2 meals a day ain't going to work.

Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo
    i would have to say, home cooking (grandmother) traditional southern cooking. you know loaded with fats and carbs..mmmm! hard to pass up

Yeah, that too!!!!!!!

~SC~

Boost n Juice is offline Associate Member
    Weekends for me...I'll go somewhere expecting to stay 1 hour and end up staying for 5 hours, or after that 1st hour go somewhere else other than home afterwards...

Oh and alcohol on the weekends, too...I use to drink 7 days a week (**** college!) now I'm down to just weekends. When I drink, I just get vodka on the rocks, which has no carbs/sugar, but still very high in calories and alcohol in general doesn't mix well with lifting...

need2Bbig is offline Associate Member

Talking fat bitch

There is this sandwich i treat myself to once in a blue moon i know its bad but it tastes soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good. its actually called a FAT BITCH consists of:

french fries at the bottom
    next a layer of cheesesteak
    followed by a layer of mozz sticks
    topped off with chicken fingers
    w/ optional ketchup and mayo
    (i skip out on the mayo to avoid the extra fat )

one bite and you can feel you arteries clog

-dre

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Constant preparation of food!!!!!!!!!!! I just get tired of grilling and cooking foods all the time.

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    1 was the alcohol, but i've cleaned up my act though, so thats out. Now its when i go home. My fathers side of the family is all italian, and dammmmmnnn they make some good food. Everytime i come home they make sh*t they think is good, but they have no concept of proper diet. All i see is:
    Eggplant parmasean
    Chicken cutlets parm
    getti and meatballs
    sausage and peppers (home made sausage too, good sh*t)
    bracioli
    canolis
    and my nemesis....
    my grand pops lobster and shrimp fettucini alfredo

JKali is offline Female Member
    Roomates eating crap is the biggest problem. One of my roomates eats stovetop stuffing and ice cream all the time. I tell you what, that stuff smells so good when I'm grilling up chicken and steaming veggies. Holidays are also tough. In general it's hard when visiting family because they always want to eat everything that's really good (but really bad for the diet).

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JKali
    Roomates eating crap is the biggest problem. One of my roomates eats stovetop stuffing and ice cream all the time. I tell you what, that stuff smells so good when I'm grilling up chicken and steaming veggies. Holidays are also tough. In general it's hard when visiting family because they always want to eat everything that's really good (but really bad for the diet).
    i'm with you on that one, but whenver i go home i just stuff myself full of all italian cheesy nastiness anyway. You gotta do it now and then
    I just make sure i get my "50g" protein per meal

Quote Originally Posted by angelxterminator
    i'm with you on that one, but whenver i go home i just stuff myself full of all italian cheesy nastiness anyway. You gotta do it now and then
    I just make sure i get my "50g" protein per meal

That's what I tell myself, 500g fat/ 500g carb is fine as long as I have 50 of pro!

Quote Originally Posted by need2Bbig
    There is this sandwich i treat myself to once in a blue moon i know its bad but it tastes soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good. its actually called a FAT BITCH consists of:

french fries at the bottom
    next a layer of cheesesteak
    followed by a layer of mozz sticks
    topped off with chicken fingers
    w/ optional ketchup and mayo
    (i skip out on the mayo to avoid the extra fat )

one bite and you can feel you arteries clog

-dre
    Fat Bitch is the appropriate term for that! My stomach hurts!

~SC~

i just stuff myself full of all italian cheesy nastiness anyway. You gotta do it now and then
    LOL, my roommates do this too in more ways than one living in NY.

Seriously though, I visit the rents and it's like my mom becomes betty F*ckin crocker! Pies and baked goods galore...there's only so much one person can resist.

fritz2435 is offline Member
    The all-you-can-eat cafs in college........ LOL Thank god I'm bulking!!!!

fritz2435 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dflood
    ive been known to make ice cream/peanut butter/whipped cream wraps with LC tortillas...
    Hey, at least they're low carb!

Quote Originally Posted by Dflood
    i completely agree....i practice mad willpower when i eat at my college caf...

other than that, natty peanut butter. i can rip through half a jar without blinking an eye

peanut butter and jelly/peanut butter and apple butter on low carb tortillas can get out of control...
    ive been known to make ice cream/peanut butter/whipped cream wraps with LC tortillas...
    Oh man, throw some nutella and fluff in there and you'd really have something good.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Peanut butter samiches..........I swear if there's peanut butter and bread in the house I'll eat one in a heartbeat! I have no willpower against those **** things at all........now I'm depressed and there's only one thing....make that two things that will pull me out of this funk......one being a peanut butter samich the other I can't mention cause we have youngun's on the board. Hahahahah

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Now when living with my sister and her husband the biggest hangup is the imense load of crap food they consume. When the evening hunger sets in its SO hard not to stuff myself.

It was much easier when I had my own apartment and no crap food what so ever at home. I ALWAYS clean out my place completely of anything that might taste good before I start a diet lol. I need totaly isolation from crap food when cutting.

also always prepearing food is a pain in the ass. I hate cooking. Both when bulking and cutting but especialy when cutting cause atleast when bulking I know the food will taste great.

Kim2884 is offline Female Member
    Honestly, I don't have anything that really gets to me...I guess I'm really lucky in that respect. I live with my fiance who is more obsessive compulsive than I am...and right now he's contest dieting, so it's even easier to avoid temptation cuz we're not even going out to eat on the weekends. There literally isn't a single unhealthy thing in our apartment.
    And maybe it's just me, but I've been doing this for so long now that I don't even want the junk food anymore. I had an engagement party, and fully intended on cheating, but i didn't even have a piece of my own cake. I had a little champagne...but ultimately ended up consuming fewer calories than I normally do.

irish bulldog is offline Senior Member
    the big cookies my mum buys when she goes shopping,there are massive ,freshly baked and have chucks of choc in them,willpower cant stop you from picking these babies up.

OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    Peanut Butter.... who actually eats just one serving??

I cant even keep it in my house anymore..... Same is starting to happen with almonds..... Most days I get all my EFA's from flax, otherwise ill over do it.

OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    oh yea forgot two others

1) Pasta night at the parents

2) Joinin my friends for the 3-4 drinking nights a week.

I HATE dieting, lol.

Hugh-Hefner's-Son is offline Associate Member

+

women , the things they can make u do....

ScooterBoy is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypertrophy
    Constant preparation of food!!!!!!!!!!! I just get tired of grilling and cooking foods all the time.
    This is my biggest problem to. I'm bulking right now and all the food prep sucks.

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    Weekends! Man, an average Friday night after 7:00 P.M. involves one decently-balanced meal followed by ALCOHOL and then maybe some pizza at 3:00 A.M.. UGH! Think about that!

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    COOKIES!!!!

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    pasta, pasta, pasta mama mio!! i used to go through 3lbs of that **** each week...

capone_22 is offline Junior Member
    1 was the alcohol, but i've cleaned up my act though, so thats out. Now its when i go home. My fathers side of the family is all italian, and dammmmmnnn they make some good food. Everytime i come home they make sh*t they think is good, but they have no concept of proper diet. All i see is:
    Eggplant parmasean
    Chicken cutlets parm
    getti and meatballs
    sausage and peppers (home made sausage too, good sh*t)
    bracioli
    canolis
    and my nemesis....
    my grand pops lobster and shrimp fettucini alfredo
    AGREE... filipino food doesn't have a place in dieting. mmmm...CARB/FAT meals!

xenithon is offline Member
    My mom's homecooked Jewish meals! Fresh challah, chicken soup with kneidels, kreplich, gefilter fish, sabras, sweet and sticky stroodle. That and a particular chocolate mouse type dessert I was addicted to in Israel called Dani - if anyone has had it you know exactly what I mean

diesel21 is offline Member
    all italian food, real italian food
    i still eat it all

rugbyking is offline Associate Member
    yea weekends are the hardest being 21 when all your friends drink religously. plus i never decide to go home and grill up some chicken. i always make the 3am stop to taco bell. at least a get steak in my burrito

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo
    Tell it brother! I can never pass up home cooking. Thanksgiving is right around the corner, my family and I all go to shreveport La and have a huge thanksgiving lunch. Its fantastic; eat until im so bloated I cant get out of the chair, take a nap, go back and eat some more. then leftovers for a few days! Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday hands down. I can't wait!!!!

BassMuscle is offline Associate Member
    Mine would have to be Sweet Mexican Bread, with milk just before bed...

**** carbs....

BassMuscle

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Weekends as i like to get away from home, i try my best to take stuff with me in a cooler but most times often fail.

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    Cooking is the bane of my dieting. In order to have a good diet, you gotta spent TONS of time cooking. It takes me 1.5 hours to make 2 lbs of salisbury steak (4 servings), 1.5 hours to make sauteed chicken breast (with light peanut sauce and onions, 4-5 breasts), 2 hours to make mashed yams, couple hours to make chicken salad, etc etc.

It seems like 2-3 days after I make all the food, I'm all out! And when I'm out, thats when my diet breaks down.

Also work sometimes hurts my diet. Sometimes I get on a roll coding and by the time I snap out of it, I realized I should have eaten 3 hours ago.

cb25 is offline Banned
    haha...great thread SC.

here's mine, in no particular order

-mexican food...aside from being an addict...my girl is mexican, and cooks like a pro. soooo good.

- starbucks...this is the big one. i'm a complete addict here. when i'm being real serious...i'll just have coffee with sweetener...but more often than not it's a mocha or latte of some sort.

- peanut butter cups. i never buy them, because i know i can't control myself. however...my mom sends me care packages still (she's still not used to me living 3000miles away) -- the last one was, and i **** you not, a box *full* of candy. mostly peanut butter and chocolate combos...she knows i won't buy it, so she always sends me that sh*t!

Quote Originally Posted by clockworks
    Also work sometimes hurts my diet. Sometimes I get on a roll coding and by the time I snap out of it, I realized I should have eaten 3 hours ago.

If i were you i would get a timer bro under those circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by cb25
    haha...great thread SC.

here's mine, in no particular order

-mexican food...aside from being an addict...my girl is mexican, and cooks like a pro. soooo good.

- starbucks...this is the big one. i'm a complete addict here. when i'm being real serious...i'll just have coffee with sweetener...but more often than not it's a mocha or latte of some sort.

- peanut butter cups. i never buy them, because i know i can't control myself. however...my mom sends me care packages still (she's still not used to me living 3000miles away) -- the last one was, and i **** you not, a box *full* of candy. mostly peanut butter and chocolate combos...she knows i won't buy it, so she always sends me that sh*t!

*Screams INTERVENTION *

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information