sencless is offline New Member

Newbie needing some help

For starters im 20 years old and weigh 195 at 5'7. I'd like to cut so I'd appear somewhat defined and eliminate my belly. I've been lifting on and off for about 3 years and within the past 4 or 5 months have gotten really serious about my lifting and starting to see progress... I should also mention that I work and goto school full time often hitting the gym at 9pm on the weekdays. My workout schedule is something like this..

Mon- chest
    Tues- back
    Wed- Legs
    Thurs- Shoulders and traps
    Fri- Bi's and Tri's

I read Rambo's sticky on cutting and am a little unsure of how to work that into my schedule...

Meal 1:
    Lean Protein, 1/2 cup oatmeal
    What are some examples of Lean Protien for breakfast and how much should I have

Meal 2:
    Protein shake/Lean Protein (2 tbsp flax
    for protien shake I read on another post that dextrose is good? What kinds of lean protiend should I have at this point in the day and how much?

Meal 3:
    Veggies, Lean Protein
    > are can veggies really that bad? What kinds of lean protiend should I have at this point in the day and how much?

Workout

Meal 4:
    PWO Nutrition
    dextrose

Meal 5:
    Veggies, Lean Protein, 1/2 cup rice or oatmeal.

Meal 6:
    Shake with Flax
    dextrose?

Sine I usually hit the gym at 9 pm and leave around 10:30-11 depending on the day.. could I have meal 5 before my workout leaving only one meal after?

Also would a whole tomatoe or 2 with light salt and olive oil be considered a veggies portion for a meal?
    Last edited by sencless; 10-22-2004 at 01:26 PM.

calidude is offline Senior Member
    Eggs are good for protein. I wouldn't take a shake and eat protein. Choose one or the other. Can vegies aren't the best but I rinse them with water before I eat them, it takes most of the salt out. I would leave one meal after the workout. You don't want that much food before you go to sleep in your system.

Mass Quest is offline Associate Member
    CAPS
    Quote Originally Posted by sencless
    For starters im 20 years old and weigh 195 at 5'7. I'd like to cut so I'd appear somewhat defined and eliminate my belly. I've been lifting on and off for about 3 years and within the past 4 or 5 months have gotten really serious about my lifting and starting to see progress... I should also mention that I work and goto school full time often hitting the gym at 9pm on the weekdays. My workout schedule is something like this..

Mon- chest
    Tues- back
    Wed- Legs
    Thurs- Shoulders and traps
    Fri- Bi's and Tri's

I read Rambo's sticky on cutting and am a little unsure of how to work that into my schedule...

Meal 1:
    Lean Protein, 1/2 cup oatmeal
    What are some examples of Lean Protien for breakfast and how much should I have
    EGG WHITES WITH THE OATMEAL I USUALLY HAVE TEN.
    Meal 2:
    Protein shake/Lean Protein (2 tbsp flax
    for protien shake I read on another post that dextrose is good? What kinds of lean protiend should I have at this point in the day and how much?
    IF YOU CAN MAKE THIS A FOOD MEAL.TUNA WITH MAYO IS A GOOD CHOICE.
    Meal 3:
    Veggies, Lean Protein
    > are can veggies really that bad? What kinds of lean protiend should I have at this point in the day and how much?
    MAKE THIS PRO/FAT.CHICKEN BREAST AND SOME ALMOND NUTS..
    Workout

Meal 4:
    PWO Nutrition
    dextrose
    PROTEIN DRINK WITH DEXTROSE.2:1 RATIO DEX:PRO.
    Meal 5:
    Veggies, Lean Protein, 1/2 cup rice or oatmeal.
    JUST HAVE THE PROTEIN AND RICE.
    Meal 6:
    Shake with Flax
    dextrose?
    NO DEXTROSE.ONLY USE DEX PWO
    Sine I usually hit the gym at 9 pm and leave around 10:30-11 depending on the day.. could I have meal 5 before my workout leaving only one meal after?
    NO.YOU NEED THAT MEAL WHERE IT IS PPWO.
    Also would a whole tomatoe or 2 with light salt and olive oil be considered a veggies portion for a meal?

Hugh-Hefner's-Son is offline Associate Member

+

I am in a similar situation as yourself bro, in all aspects, school, work, body stats. I think your best choice would be to lift in the early mornings.
    Its gonna be hard to fuel your muslces and lose bodtfat unless u can strategically work your diet around your workouts.

Thread Information