yannick32 is offline Associate Member

Red face How do you guys do it naturally

What can i say i am a fat gaining machine, last week i was around 180 pounds at 5 feet 10 and this week i am 192 pounds real soft.

CHanges i made i added some carbs and more protein to my diet and took creatine in water. My protein is nothing out of the range i take in around 200 g a day, from whey shakes chicken cottage cheese tuna.

My calories have to be well around 3000.

Seems that Bill Phillips and Muscle Media where on to something in 1996 when they posted an article about calorie range and natural bodybuilder. Seems that for me if i eat anything more then 2400 cals a day i gain fat, and its all in the tummy.

I add great success doing low carb but i am so tired of this diet, feeling weak most of the time and having no energy.

I guess i must check my diet closely and being limited by a bit of back spasm and cant really do any high intensity cardio makes a big difference.

This week i will try an new approach i dont want to let my weight creep back up to 200 pounds.

I will train in the morning following what many of you have said empty stomach and then take advantage of the fat burning window to eat that post workout meal. I wont over do it with carbs either.

Breakfast will be

Natural Oatmeal with some splenda for taste and 2 eggs

am snake a whey protein shake 23g of protein taken in water with flax oil

dinner whole wheat tuna sandwish

pm snake again same thing shake

supper cottage cheese around 30g of protein

and last but not least another shake before bed.

After reading body opus and lots of info on whey protein i would like to take in has much has my body can without gaining fat, and i guess this is where the fine tunning has to be, all in all i will be consuming around 150g of protein a day, and around 100g of carbs a day with some EFA.

I will try to add low intensity cardio even if i rather kill myself then walk an hour on a treadmill Yaggggg.

Hawkman44 is offline Associate Member

cardio...cardio....cardio!

gotta do the cardio bro!

I'm just like you. If my calories go above 3000.... it turns to fat. I've been doing the cardio in the morn for 1 hour for about 5 weeks and it does work.

Good luck!

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yannick32
    What can i say i am a fat gaining machine, last week i was around 180 pounds at 5 feet 10 and this week i am 192 pounds real soft.

CHanges i made i added some carbs and more protein to my diet and took creatine in water. My protein is nothing out of the range i take in around 200 g a day, from whey shakes chicken cottage cheese tuna.

My calories have to be well around 3000.

After reading body opus and lots of info on whey protein i would like to take in has much has my body can without gaining fat, and i guess this is where the fine tunning has to be, all in all i will be consuming around 150g of protein a day, and around 100g of carbs a day with some EFA.

I will try to add low intensity cardio even if i rather kill myself then walk an hour on a treadmill Yaggggg.
    Here are some comments about what you've written above:

1. Whether natural or chemically enhanced, you must be consistent to grow and to keep the muscle you've gained.

2. If you gained 12 lbs in one week (180 lbs. to 190 lbs.), then you're overeating. You need to cut back on your calories and protein

3. The way you eat, lift and rest while you're cycling is different than the way you eat, lift and rest when you're lifting naturally.

4. When you're cycling, the body can use higher amounts of protein. The steroids increase protein synthesis the body can However, when you're lifting naturally, your body can not use the same amount of protein efficiently. While lifting naturally, you should injest approximately 1.0-1.5 grams of protein per pound of body mass. If you are more fat than muscle, then you should eat closer to 1.0 grams of protein per pound; if lean, closer to 1.5 grams of protein per pound. While cycling you should eat a minimum of 1.5 g/lb of protein.

5. You should decrease your calories to around 2500 since you're putting on too much fat. Keep your fat intake to a minimum (but make sure you're still eating enough good fats to maintain normal body functions); eat 1.0-1.5 g/lb of protein; as described above, adjust your carbs increase/decrease to add or subtract calories from the 2500 total calorie intake until you reach an amount of calories that will let you put on muscle without putting on fat (perhaps your number is 2700 calories per day, as opposed to 3000 calories/day).

6. Adjusting your calories and tweaking your diet should be a constant process and should take up 50% of your overall focus on growth. The other 50% of your growth focus should be on lifting intensity, lifting consistency, cardio and rest.

7. You need to decide whether you are bulking or cutting. Do one at a time. Do not try to bulk and cut at the same time.

8. The only way you're going to cut fat through a proper diet and adequate cardio.

9. If you are lifting for body aesthetic and general health (as opposed to lifting merely for strength), then do not use steroids before you have lost enough fat.If a person is overweight due to fat, s/he should stay away from steroids until s/he has demonstrated enough discipline by losing a lot of weight through diet and cardio. Many overweight (by fat) people who turn to steroids imagine that they will become both muscular and thin at the same time--they are misguided. They will be far ahead of the game if they lift naturally while cutting a great deal of weight before they try to use steroids .

Once a person has dropped enough fat to be approximately 13-15% bodyfat (for men), then they will certainly have developed enough discipline to maintain a steady bulking diet while cycling. They will be healthier and will be able to see the muscle they are building without a large layer of fat covering it.

10. Changing the body by lifting, diet and cardio is a long process. Do not be fooled by all the advertisements and hooplah you hear about people who loose tons of weight within 8 weeks. If you're like most people with a job and children or responsibilities away from the gym, then you need to give yourself permsission to move slowly, but steadily, through the processes of losing weight and building muscle.

Hawkman44 is offline Associate Member
    Great info as always Bask8kace! Nice to hear from you again, you knowledge is always helpful!

Hawk

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Adjust your macros to find your true fit.

I can stay leaner on 3500kcals and certain patterned activity than I can on 2400 kcals, but the macro breakdowns for me in those two approaches are FAR different.

It's all a matter of WHERE my food comes from fat/carb/protein wise.

~SC~

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Adjust your macros to find your true fit.

I can stay leaner on 3500kcals and certain patterned activity than I can on 2400 kcals, but the macro breakdowns for me in those two approaches are FAR different.

It's all a matter of WHERE my food comes from fat/carb/protein wise.

~SC~
    SwoleCat,

Can you give a few examples of how macros would work for Yannick32, or post a link to a good post that you know about on this site?

yannick32 is offline Associate Member
    I wanna thank you guys very much, first for the great info and for making me realize that its gonna take more then 8 weeks to get to my goal.

I will review my diet weekly and make sure no to gain unwanted pounds, if i have to eat 1g per pound of lean mass then i guess i would be around 150g a day and that would be quit enough.

Again thank you very much

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by BASK8KACE
    SwoleCat,

Can you give a few examples of how macros would work for Yannick32, or post a link to a good post that you know about on this site?
    I'm afraid I don't know enough about him personally to give examples of what he should do macro wise. I just know that is what works for me and those that I train. (attention to those areas based on who you are, activity, training followed, cardio scheduling, food allergies, other committments, etc., as I know this personal information with each of those I work with, and myself of course) I do have an article I wrote at my site about "why I don't count calories", in my V.X. Library, but nothing at this site.

Keep tinkering until you find out what your body responds best to. Experimentation and keeping track of your progress can help.

~SC~
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 10-23-2004 at 07:43 PM.

Thread Information