Hardball1783 is offline Associate Member

Red Bull Before Cardio

Is it ok to drink a red Bull in the am before u do cardio, and after doing cardio is it ok to do ur lifting instead of having to go back to the gym in the pm. Please let me know.

Can some one give me some feedback on this

AustrianOAK14 is offline Senior Member
    red bull is fine, but imo i would jsut eat a piece of fruit with some granaola, 16 oz of water, and fat free yogurt will give you enough carbs to keep you going throught the day best of luck bro

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Regular Red Bull before cardio would definitely be a bad idea (unless you're doing the cardio just because you enjoy it or for fitness) as the sugar in it would all have to be burned off before you even begin to burn fat stores. There is sugar free Red Bull however, I have not tried it but there was an older thread that was recently rebumped on the topic, alot of the guys seem to like it. Personally I like ECA before morning cardio - makes it a walk in the park.

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    red bull has sugar in em. your better of using em before hitting the weights.

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AustrianOAK14
    red bull is fine, but imo i would jsut eat a piece of fruit with some granaola, 16 oz of water, and fat free yogurt will give you enough carbs to keep you going throught the day best of luck bro

DCB

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by dalcowbag

DCB
    Yeah, wtf?

Sugar FREE red bull is fine.

However, weights after cardio is not.

~SC~

Boost n Juice is offline Associate Member
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the FASTEST way possible to drop body fat is to do cardio on an empty stomache...Meaning that even though sf Red bulls, have only 15cals and 3gs of carbs, your first 5 minutes of cardio would go toward burning off the red bull? For energy I'd think an ECA stack would be better, but I'm no expert...

And yes, doing weights immediately before or after cardio is a big no-no...

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    ECA is gonna work best IMO friend

DCB

Quote Originally Posted by Boost n Juice
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the FASTEST way possible to drop body fat is to do cardio on an empty stomache...Meaning that even though sf Red bulls, have only 15cals and 3gs of carbs, your first 5 minutes of cardio would go toward burning off the red bull? For energy I'd think an ECA stack would be better, but I'm no expert...

And yes, doing weights immediately before or after cardio is a big no-no...
    That 3g is literally burned by your brain just thinking about the cardio you are going to do.

Totally fine...........

~SC~

Why is it bad do lift weights right after cardio? And Also when trying to lose weight which is better on the treadmill doing the Fat burner or the cardio part on the machine.

Cardio and Weights are two entirely different things...

To simplify it, cardio is to lose while weight is to gain...Trust us, do a split routine...

Neither...65% - 75% of your target heart equals fat burn mode...Here’s how you get yours. 220-age x .7 = Target HR. I suggest you keep the treadmill on the same speed and use the incline/decline to adjust accordingly...

How long after cardio should i wait to do the lifting. Also i have a treadmill home that i can do at 7am and then i could go to the gym around 9am or 10am does that sound good or what.

Too close together.

Ideally you want at LEAST two solid meals in between the events, thus about 5-6 hours.

~SC~

Ok, but which one should i pick on the machine the Fat burner or the cardio part.

I never thought I'd quote myself...

Quote Originally Posted by Boost n Juice
    Neither...65% - 75% of your target heart equals fat burn mode...Here’s how you get yours. 220-age x .7 = Target HR.
    Furthermore, If your cardio machine has a built in heart rate monitor included, your golden...If it doesn't or if your going to run outside, you will have to buy one...

ok thanks Boost, i did not read the last post clear.

JKali is offline Female Member
    This is related so I don't think it's jacking the thread ... but

Swole: could you clarify something for me? I was under the impression that you don't want to do AM cardio on an empty stomach because you run the risk of losing muscle at the same time as burning fat. Now, it's all throughout this site to do AM cardio on an empty stomach and to do weights later in the day. I'm sure you've probably answered this question, in which case sorry to be redundant, but I just want to know why it's better than doing cardio post weights or a few hours after weights.

Thread Information