Thread: orange juice...

juicerm is offline Junior Member

orange juice...

I searched about orange juice and not many posts. Just wondering if anyone actually drinks orange juice with there morning pro/fat or pro/carb meals. Im a crazy water drinker. I drink maybe 5-6 BIG glasses of water with every meal, and throughout the day, but when eating egg whites and oatmeal I hate water, maybe its cause of the morning. Is orange juice ok? or just stick it up and drink water?

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juicerm
    I searched about orange juice and not many posts. Just wondering if anyone actually drinks orange juice with there morning pro/fat or pro/carb meals. Im a crazy water drinker. I drink maybe 5-6 BIG glasses of water with every meal, and throughout the day, but when eating egg whites and oatmeal I hate water, maybe its cause of the morning. Is orange juice ok? or just stick it up and drink water?
    pro/fat meal will not have any high glycemic carbs.. which is what oj is.. not even low glycemic carbs. No carbs in the pro/fat meals period!

Pro/carb meal should consist of good carbs only.. no sugars.

Mind you i am not a diet guru. I don't drink OJ period.

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMike J
    pro/fat meal will not have any high glycemic carbs.. which is what oj is.. not even low glycemic carbs. No carbs in the pro/fat meals period!
    Actually the GI of orange juice is pretty low at 46. What's more the fructose in OJ doesn't really raise insulin levels at all. That said, I still wouldn't use it in a protein/fat meal.

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC78
    Actually the GI of orange juice is pretty low at 46. What's more the fructose in OJ doesn't really raise insulin levels at all. That said, I still wouldn't use it in a protein/fat meal.
    Thanks for settin me str8.. i was not sure.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I wouldn't do it.......

You are still ingesting sugar for really no reason at all, that is all juice is.

~SC~

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    juice sux in my book...if you really need a fruity drink go with orange flavored crystal lite.

Thread Information