Muscle Mass is offline New Member

what is better: mass gainer or oat meal + protein?

i want to bulk, so in the mornings and evenings i want to get enough calories and protein at the same time. I had the choice between oatmeal with protein powder or a mass gainer/builder.
    I am now using 500cc milk with 20g protein powder and 70-100gr oatmeal. i think this is better than a weight gainer/mass builder powder + milk. Because the oat contains glycogen which is very slow acting glucose. The mass builders on the other hand are full of fructose and dextrose, which are fast acting glucoses. And before bedtime and in the mornings i need slow acting glucose. So i chose for the oatmeal+ protein powder + milk combination. What is your opinion?

Mass Quest is offline Associate Member
    weight gainners are full of sugar and so is the milk you are using with your protein and oats.there have been many discussions on the use of milk in this forum so it will be down to your personal preference.but if your going to use one of these then the protein and oats is the better one.

wildman536 is offline Junior Member
    your Gainer sounds Great!!

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mass Quest
    weight gainners are full of sugar and so is the milk you are using with your protein and oats.there have been many discussions on the use of milk in this forum so it will be down to your personal preference.but if your going to use one of these then the protein and oats is the better one.
    I mix water with protein and oats, no added sugar there.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Anytime you can make your own pure product, all the better.

~SC~

Thread Information