Thread: PWO protien?

Cmah9 is offline New Member

PWO protien?

Post workout I usually eat two turkey burgers on wheat bread, each contains about 19g protien. My question is, what would be best; a solid protein such as the burgers I eat, or a liquid form; such as a protein shake? If there is evan a differance.

mitch428cj is offline Member
    depends on when u eat it wake up whey is best becuase it works faster than solid food and pwo whey is better to get to your muscles faster but throughout the day food is better and at night before you go to sleep IMO

fritz2435 is offline Member
    Some pros like solid food, but I think the dext/whey shake while leaving the gym is very convient. (and delicious) Just make sure you eat a solid PPWO pro/carb meal 1-1.5 hrs later.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmah9
    Post workout I usually eat two turkey burgers on wheat bread, each contains about 19g protien. My question is, what would be best; a solid protein such as the burgers I eat, or a liquid form; such as a protein shake? If there is evan a differance.
    This is what I would suggest, "kid tested, mother approved"
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo & LMO's Bulking Sticky in the Diet Forum
    1. Postworkout Nutrition- I’m a firm believer that PWO nutrition is hands down the most important aspect of dieting. It is within the 15 minutes after a workout that your body is in dire need of nutrients. It is a completely anabolic state, and what you take in can be optimized to ensure maximum results. A general rule of thumb is 40-60 grams whey protein, and double the amount of whey in carbohydrates (50% dextrose/50% maltodextrin).

Cmah9 is offline New Member
    Thanks bros, I guess I will change up my diet plan a bit and exchange and shake and for the turkey burgers.

Thread Information