Aggression is offline Member

Maltodextrin in Powerade?

I recently saw on the ingrediants of Powerade that it has maltodextrin in it. Would it be good to drink a small bottle of Powerade after one of my boxing workouts? What about when I get done doing sprints? I would think it would be good to drink after a cardio workout to replenish your body with stuff it needs. Also, I'm doing cardio to help improve my stamina and endurance NOT to lose weight. I also plan on having a pro/carb meal about 30 minutes after I drink the Powerade.

fritz2435 is offline Member
    If you're doing cardio for any reason other than fat loss, you need to replenish your carbs ASAP. Powerade works fine.

Will drinking a small bottle of Powerade right after a cardio session be enough? It has 25 g of carbs in it. Is 25 g enough?

Ofcourse 30 minutes after that I will have a pro/carb meal and lots of water.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Enough for what? Replinish glycogen? No.

~SC~

I'm talking about taking carbs after a cardio workout not a weightlifting workout.

Should I drink a bigger bottle of powerade? If 25 g of carbs aren't enough how many carbs are enough?
    Last edited by Aggression; 01-19-2005 at 02:31 PM.

I know this is an old thread of mine, but would anyone like to add in on this?

Add what?

~SC~

If it would be beneficial to drink a powerade after one of my boxing workout.

I'd actually just eat a clean carb/protein meal if it were me.

~SC~

Swole, I do eat a clean pro carb meal (chciken and white rice) after. I'm talking about RIGHT AFTER I'm done boxing. I usually feel very exhausted and depleted, in this case would a medium sized bottle of powerade be adaquate and than 30 minutes later eat my pro carb meal?

I guess bro, I just don't see it doing anything beneficial above/beyond some nice ice water. Try it out for a while and see, and then try something else for a while, etc.
    I can almost guarantee it will make no difference at all.

~SC~

That's all I needed to hear Swole. The thing is you see all these commercials how powerade/gatorade/whatever-ade is better than water so I guess I bought into it.

I'll probably just up my water intake before,during, and after my boxing training workouts.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggression
    That's all I needed to hear Swole. The thing is you see all these commercials how powerade/gatorade/whatever-ade is better than water
    Of course, they have to sell their product.

If you were using it DURING boxing, and it lasted like 3-4 hours (like football games/b-ball games/etc.) then it may be good for potassium/sodium/electrolytes for on-going activity, yes, but for after it's a moot point.

~SC~

I didn't know it lasted 3-4 hours?

Thread Information