Thread: New Diet

BP85 is offline Junior Member

New Diet

So I've been recieving a lot of criticism on using a CKD while bulking. Last week, I switched and started using the bulking sticky. I have put on 11 lbs. between last Monday and now. I have puffed up like a balloon, understandably however, it happens when you eat carbs while taking creatine, more water is stored. Anyway, my workouts have suffered, on both weeks.

On bench, I usually go 10,8,6,4. I started off 285, 305, 325, then went to 345, and couldnt even lift it. I was like screw it and went to do a burnout on 225, and failed on the first rep. This week, I went from 295, 315, 335, then 355, same thing, I dropped the weight and failed on 225. The same has been with my squat workouts too. What the hell is goin on?

It makes sense to eat carbs for energy. However, for me, carbs have only been hindering my gains. I dont have the endurance that I did when I was on a CKD. Basically, I was wondering, are carbs really neccessary for muscle gain. I used to blast through workouts, adding 10lbs/set/week. Would you guys stick to the "normal" bulikng principles, even if you weren't maximizing your potential with your diet? Do you think it is possible that some people's bodies just respond better to low carb diets? I'm stuck guys. I want to switch badly, but if any experts (SwoleCat), think that I will see better gains in the end with the added carbs in my diet, then I'll stick to it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Current diet:

10 egg whites, 1 cup of oatmeal, 1 scoop of whey

8oz of steak, 1tbsp of flax oi

4 eggs, 1 scoop of whey, 1tbsp of MCT oil

Powerbar 1/2 scoop of whey, 1tbsp of natty pb

workout

PWO- 5g creatine, 1 Mass Recover (35 g of protein, 60 g of carbs), 1 scoop of whey, 1/2 cup of oatmeal

PPWO- 80z of chicken, either 1/2 cup of brown rice, or black beans, or mixed

1 scoop of egg protein, 1 scoop of soy protein, 2 scoops of whey protein, 1tbsp of flax oil, 1tsp of MCT oil.

Wake up around 2:30 AM for 1 scoop of whey, then back to bed.

Other things consumed: Mega Mens Gold, Anti-oxident formula, B12, Vitamin C, BCAA's, milk thistle, more stuff I cant think of, and Vitamin-"S"

10 hours of sleep, 2.5 gallons of water/day.

any help would be great, thanks!!!

BP85

I know mixing carbs and fat is a no-no, but in meal 4, which is my pre-workout meal, I thought it would be fine. Carbs should help for energy, as should the EFA's. I wouldnt think that one meal would screw me up, right?

OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    Depending on how your cramming your meals in before your workout, meal 4 may not even be doing anything for you in the gym except making you tired. Toss out that powerbar too.

Also, change your PWO to whey and dextrose. Use a 1:2 ratio

First of all..........thanks for your response. I would like to get as many replies as possible .

the mass recovery drink has dextrose. I only threw that extra meal (pre-workout) in there because i get so hungry after about 1/2 hour into my workout, meaning catabolisim is probably taking place. I started that extra meal this week. But still last week, I wasnt able to lift as intense as the previous weeks on a ckd.

rugbyking is offline Associate Member
    when i went from a low calorie diet to a high calorie (cutting to bulking) diet for about a week i had decreased energy. when i was cutting i only have 2 meals with carbs (PWO, PPWO) all my other meals were pro/fat. then when i started adding in more carbs i noticed i couldnt lift as much. the only thing i could think of was that my body was used to using fat for energy and had to adjust to using carbs as a source of energy. now im fine and i lift like a madman. if that doesnt solve the problem try an ECA stack. that will give you energy.

Thread Information