Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In the woods
    Posts
    614

    cracking your own egg whites

    it says 6 g protein each egg. is it still 6 g protein if you leave out the yolk? im asking because this site fitday says 7 egg whites is only 24g protein.

  2. #2
    Boost n Juice's Avatar
    Boost n Juice is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    296
    Just assume that one egg white equals 3-4g of pro. I've heard them all when it comes to eggs, I've heard the pro is 55/45, 50/50 and 45/55 between the yolk and the white...Don't know for sure, but since it's very close it doesn't really matter...

  3. #3
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    I always use the average of 3.5 when measuring my whites.

    ~SC~

  4. #4
    bigsd67's Avatar
    bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    2,186
    i will refrain from making a judgemental and sarcastic statement only because i know my mood sux from carb depletion.

  5. #5
    majorpecs's Avatar
    majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    2,313
    Blog Entries
    1
    I eat 10 egg whites and 2 yolks every day of my life....I count it as a 40g protein meal...

  6. #6
    fritz2435's Avatar
    fritz2435 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    right behind ya
    Posts
    809
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsd67
    i will refrain from making a judgemental and sarcastic statement only because i know my mood sux from carb depletion.

    LOL at bigs! I'm lovin my bulking diet and the large amount of carbs I'm consuming.... pasta, sushi, fruit, rice, mmm mmm!

  7. #7
    bigsd67's Avatar
    bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    2,186
    Quote Originally Posted by fritz2435
    LOL at bigs! I'm lovin my bulking diet and the large amount of carbs I'm consuming.... pasta, sushi, fruit, rice, mmm mmm!
    Dude Blow it out ur @$$ ...lol...it's all good, Saturday's the show, I'm pumped for it and then I start slowly on an off season Lean Mass Gainer....I'll keep you guys posted.

  8. #8
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    Quote Originally Posted by majorpecs
    I eat 10 egg whites and 2 yolks every day of my life....I count it as a 40g protein meal...
    10 whites x 3.5 each white = 35 grams
    2 whole x 6 each whole egg = 12 grams

    Total protein = 47 grams.

    You're close.

    ~SC~

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In the woods
    Posts
    614
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    10 whites x 3.5 each white = 35 grams
    2 whole x 6 each whole egg = 12 grams

    Total protein = 47 grams.

    You're close.

    ~SC~
    Perfectionist!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •