Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jmillerdls is offline Junior Member

this seems like too much dextrose

ok, so i read 2/1 ratio of dextrose to whey in your PWO...So, i put in 90g dextrose to 45g protein from my whey...umm, this was the sweetest, most disgusting thing ive ever tasted. Id rather drink 8 oz of cough syrup...did I do something right? or am i going to just have to choke down this sugar water everyday?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Add more water.

Yes it's sweet, it's dextrose.

Enjoy!

~SC~

*gag*

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I crave mine after a good workout as it is my only source of sweet tasting goodies.

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    good god i cant wait to have that sweet goodness again.....tastes like candy...add some orange crystal lite to vanilla protein for some really good tasting protein, can you say creamsicle?

its too sweet, although im bulking...maybe if i were cutting i might crave it, but it just tastes horribly to me...i feel like i need to put something else in there

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    ADD MORE WATER LIKE SC SAID. .jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez

dcb

Quote Originally Posted by dalcowbag
    ADD MORE WATER LIKE SC SAID. .jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez

dcb
    well clearly im going to try that next time..just can't imagine it making that much of a difference unless im putting it in a gallon of water...but we'll see

trust me it makes a diff. first time i had dex BACK IN THE DAY i was horrifide, but i only had about 10 oz of water in. next time I tried 20 oz. . .well now i am hooked

dcb

trust me it makes a diff. first time i had dex BACK IN THE DAY i was horrifide, but i only had about 10 oz of water in. next time I tried 20 oz. . .well now i am hooked

dcb
    lol, i had it in 8oz...ok, well that's good to know then

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    definitely no less than 16 oz. of H2O...pure sugar is sweet as hell.

Boost n Juice is offline Associate Member
    If it's still bad with more water, just use sweet tarts or smarties...

Quote Originally Posted by jmillerdls
    lol, i had it in 8oz...ok, well that's good to know then
    I'm literally amazed it mixed.
    ~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by Boost n Juice
    If it's still bad with more water, just use sweet tarts or smarties...
    True, because I do this too, but I can't see him eating that amount of candy if he can't drink down a liquid shake like this. Eating that much candy would probably gross him out tenfold.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    True, because I do this too, but I can't see him eating that amount of candy if he can't drink down a liquid shake like this. Eating that much candy would probably gross him out tenfold.

~SC~
    you go from saying that you were shocked it mixed to saying i can't eat candy...a bit inconsistent...but whatever. clearly i didnt have enough water and that will fix it quite simply, but thanks for all the great advice...or did you actually do anything but bash me? dont remember now, oh well..got what i needed

dont be a dik or you wont last long around here

dcb

if you're talking to me, i think you're quite misguided...nothing I said could be considered anything volatile...others maybe, but not me

CAPS........

you go from saying that you were shocked it mixed

RIGHT, BECAUSE YOU USED VERY LITTLE WATER. THE AMOUNT OF DEX AND WHEY AT 90 AND 45 GRAMS RESPECTIVELY WOULD BARELY MIX, IF AT ALL, WITH 8 OUNCES OF WATER.

WHAT'S MIND-BOGGLING ABOUT THAT?

to saying i can't eat candy

RIGHT, BECAUSE IF YOU THINK THAT'S REALLY SWEET, TRY EATING OVER 100 SWEET TARTS WHILE DRINKING PROTEIN PLAIN IN WATER.

AGAIN, WHAT IS SO MIND BOGGLING?? BRAIN TUMOR OVER EASY FOR BREAKFAST?

...a bit inconsistent

HUH? YOU NEED TO LOOK UP THE WORD "INCONSISTENT" BECAUSE THAT WORD DOES NOT APPLY TO ANYTHING I SUGGESTED ABOVE. THE ONLY THING INCONSISTENT IS WHATEVER THOUGHT PROCESS YOU UTILIZED TO OFFER WHAT YOU DID. MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL. IN BOTH INSTANCES I WAS ATTEMPTING TO HELP YOU, BUT I GUESS YOU DON'T SEE THAT? (USE MORE WATER TO HELP, AND I WOULDN'T GO THE CANDY ROUTE IF A SHAKE IS ALREADY TOO SWEET, AS EATING/CHEWING TONS OF PURE CANDY WOULD BE FAR WORSE AS IT TAKES FAR LONGER THAN CHUGGING A SHAKE)

...but whatever.

INDEED, WHATEVER THE F*CK YOU MEANT...........YOU'RE RIGHT, WHATEVER.

clearly i didnt have enough water and that will fix it quite simply, but thanks for all the great advice...or did you actually do anything but bash me?

WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? dont remember now, oh well..got what i needed
    I SUGGEST YOU PUT THE PEACE PIPE DOWN AND ACTUALLY READ PEOPLE'S OFFERINGS HERE, AS NO ONE WAS BASHING YOU. YOU'RE TWISTED......

HOMEBOY, IF I WANTED TO BASH YOU, YOU'D KNOW IT BELIEVE ME. SOMETHING LIKE, "QUIT BEING A F*CKING PUSSY AND DRINK IT YOU SKINNY BITCH"........

NOW THAT'S BASHING!!!

KIDS.......

~SC~
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 11-05-2004 at 10:28 AM.

if you're talking to me, i think you're quite misguided...nothing I said could be considered anything volatile...others maybe, but not me
    true i am misguided . . .but not about this, so i suggest you keep your mouth shut b4 you piss off important ppl instead of just me

dcb

true i am misguided . . .but not about this, so i suggest you keep your mouth shut b4 you piss off important ppl instead of just me

dcb
    alright, point it out to me then..what did i say that was SO offensive?? shouldnt be hard to find apparently. Lets see, I asked a question and recieved several answers that seemed to fix it. Then swole cat comes back after the thread is basically over and essentially calls me a pussy...when just before that he stated that it is hard to imagine that concentration even mixing...so i respond by thanking those that helped me...where's the problem? or are you just trying to stir stuff up?

alright, point it out to me then..what did i say that was SO offensive?? shouldnt be hard to find apparently. Lets see, I asked a question and recieved several answers that seemed to fix it. Then swole cat comes back after the thread is basically over and essentially calls me a pussy...when just before that he stated that it is hard to imagine that concentration even mixing...so i respond by thanking those that helped me...where's the problem? or are you just trying to stir stuff up?
    You are one seriously confused individual.

~SC~

You are one seriously confused individual.

~SC~
    im always shocked how sensitive people are...

I'm always shocked how people jump to conclusions.

~SC~

and i am always shocked when i stick my dik in a light socket. . .no one called you a pussy or nething or the sorts. i suggest you end the discussion.

dcb

im just trying to get my post count up

and i am always shocked when i stick my dik in a light socket.

I thought you kicked this habit in Fiscal 98'???

~SC~

When you have the inability to post, it's not going to help you on your quest very much.

~SC~

these forums are moderated? wow

good save. . we all love you now

ass

dcb

good save. . we all love you now

dcb
    im just being honest...as if all your responses are somehow necessary

these past 5 no. . .but the other 1,800. . .well my rep speaks for itself

your skating on thin ice my friend

these past 5 are what im talking about...and here I was thinking that this thread would finally die...lets see how many more times you kick this dead horse

The issue is that you still haven't acknowledged the fact you made a complete

(_____!_____)

of yourself in completely mis-reading the advice that was being given to you.

My guess is if you were to be human for once, fess up and admit you jumped the gun, and got on with life/your being here, then this would fade as a misunderstanding, and no one would hold anything against you at all.

However, when you continually drag it out w/continued quirks that do nothing to address the ignorance you displayed many posts back, it's all for naught.

Either way, I've nothing to prove here, so I couldn't give two shakes of J-Lo's thick azz about what happens from here on out.

It's pretty sad when someone has to B R E A K I T A L L D O W N F O R Y O U.

~SC~

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran

I'm always shocked how newbies seeking help are always the first to talk sh*t

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    these forums are moderated? wow
    There should be a 'ban me quick button'

The issue is that you still haven't acknowledged the fact you made a complete

(_____!_____)

of yourself in completely mis-reading the advice that was being given to you.

My guess is if you were to be human for once, fess up and admit you jumped the gun, and got on with life/your being here, then this would fade as a misunderstanding, and no one would hold anything against you at all.

However, when you continually drag it out w/continued quirks that do nothing to address the ignorance you displayed many posts back, it's all for naught.

Either way, I've nothing to prove here, so I couldn't give two shakes of J-Lo's thick azz about what happens from here on out.

It's pretty sad when someone has to B R E A K I T A L L D O W N F O R Y O U.

~SC~
    its strange...you seem completely oblivious to reality...i was told to add more water...and, so i did that...how exactly did i mis-read advice?
    then, later, you post how i can't eat any candy because i can't drink 90g of dextrose in 8 oz of water...guess im completely mis-reading that "advice" also?
    Maybe i am mis-reading it...dont understand how that was meant to be advice, or how i mis-read anything...maybe i need further explanation, since we are keeping a thread that was answered in the first 3 responses going.

I just read this from a outsiders perspective. I don't see where anyone really gave you a bum rap. SC just made a simple statement. You said that drinking dextrose in 8 oz of water made you want to direct quote *gag*. So when the suggestion was made that instead of the dextrose you chew up and swallow an even larger, even sweeter amount of candy, he commented that if the dextrose made you want to *gag*, the candy would most likely make you want to hurl......seems pretty straight-forward.

It was your following comments after these observations were made that started the ****storm. Up to that point, everyone was just trying to help....

So, take SwoleCats initial advice and run with. Direct quote "add more water" was the first response you got...you were the one that started arguing that "just can't imagine it making that much of a difference unless im putting it in a gallon of water...but we'll see". The bros tried to help you out. If you didn't want them to point you in the right way, do it your own freaking way and let them help folks that want help. They gave you the answer right out of the gate. Say thanks to Swole and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBaron
    I just read this from a outsiders perspective. I don't see where anyone really gave you a bum rap. SC just made a simple statement. You said that drinking dextrose in 8 oz of water made you want to direct quote *gag*. So when the suggestion was made that instead of the dextrose you chew up and swallow an even larger, even sweeter amount of candy, he commented that if the dextrose made you want to *gag*, the candy would most likely make you want to hurl......seems pretty straight-forward.

It was your following comments after these observations were made that started the ****storm. Up to that point, everyone was just trying to help....

So, take SwoleCats initial advice and run with. Direct quote "add more water" was the first response you got...you were the one that started arguing that "just can't imagine it making that much of a difference unless im putting it in a gallon of water...but we'll see". The bros tried to help you out. If you didn't want them to point you in the right way, do it your own freaking way and let them help folks that want help. They gave you the answer right out of the gate. Say thanks to Swole and move on.

the point you are missing is that SC, as well as everyone else said I was drinking it with way too little water, they suggested useing twice as much water (which i did today). This made it more than consumable, and also made it much less sweet. Comparing something that he even thought wouldnt even mix, to a piece of candy is silly...comparing a piece of candy to the dextrose in the proper amount of water is more accurate. Now that I have had it in the right amount of water, it was no problem (suprise suprise), so the candy statement was unfounded and premature...the dextrose is no problem when taken properly, just like a piece of candy is no problem for anyone...thanks for trying though

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I can already tell this one has a lack of common sense, please save us some time and ban yourself ASAP.

You have ignored every attempt to resolve this petty crap you fueled, don't expect much advice from us here if somehow you are not banned.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    the point you are missing is that SC, as well as everyone else said I was drinking it with way too little water, they suggested useing twice as much water (which i did today). This made it more than consumable, and also made it much less sweet. Comparing something that he even thought wouldnt even mix, to a piece of candy is silly...comparing a piece of candy to the dextrose in the proper amount of water is more accurate. Now that I have had it in the right amount of water, it was no problem (suprise suprise), so the candy statement was unfounded and premature...the dextrose is no problem when taken properly, just like a piece of candy is no problem for anyone...thanks for trying though

Why are you still replying if you want this thread to end? You're just digging your hole deeper if you ever want help from the people in this section agian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information