Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla
    I see all these diet schedules that are very regimented...does anyone have an office job that requires them to be in meetings at all different times of the day? What about having a WO around 6PM? I would like to see some examples of what other people do as I am having a hard time adjusting my diet with my career and WO time.
    Bro, I hate to admit it but my diet is nowhere near being "in check" but I do get in my workouts.

I have a job on the road that offers me great flexibility at times, but can also in some cases be murder on my diet (a day like today for example, I spent most of the day in court... I'm lucky to get in 3 meals a day like today...)

But I accept that as my reality... I know I'll never look like Swole here and am not trying to.

Red

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Valid points RK.

It's just so damn hard to eat on the road. Plain and simple.

I'm going to start keeping a journal.

Would anyone have some suggestions for a day's meals for a traveler?

Maraxus is offline Banned
    MBH,

The diet is the hardest thing to follow. I have office work 10 hours a day. In and out of meetings and dealing with my accounts. They way I handle it is simply planning ahead bro. Sometimes I lose track of time, thats why I have an alarm that goes off every 2 hours so I can consume. I have everything prepacked in a cooler sitting in the fridge, I have a foreman in out office kitchen, and I eat at my desk. I have my shakes prepped in shakers already all i have to do is add water and flax.

I try to get a majority of my cooking done twice a week. I went through much trail and error until I got this on point. I also hit cardio at 5:30 am, im at work by 8, I get out at 6, im out of the gym and 7 and asleep by 9.
    Last edited by Maraxus; 06-15-2005 at 03:04 PM.

icedudez is offline Member
    get a george foreman grill to cook the chicken breasts on,lol for the hotel guy!

icedudez is offline Member
    oops ppl have already suggested it,lol

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Maraxus
    MBH,

The diet is the hardest thing to follow. I have office work 10 hours a day. In and out of meetings and dealing with my accounts. They way I handle it is simply planning ahead bro. Sometimes I lose track of time, thats why I have an alarm that goes off every 2 hours so I can consume. I have everything prepacked in a cooler sitting in the fridge, I have a foreman in out office kitchen, and I eat at my desk. I have my shakes prepped in shakers already all i have to do is add water and flax.

I try to get a majority of my cooking done twice a week. I went through much trail and error until I got this on point. I also hit cardio at 5:30 am, im at work by 8, I get out at 6, im at the gym and 7 and asleep by 9.
    Do u have any PPWO meal?

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrob33
    Do u have any PPWO meal?

That I make as soon as I get home.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    I cannot do a grill.

GodLikeAbilitiz is offline New Member
    I know the feeling, i also take alot of bars, shakes, nuts, etc. Some other things i find handy and easy to take are boiled eggs, stay good for awhile, low-sodium beef jerkey if you can find it. And try takeing oatmeal with you, most offices and hotels have access to boiling water and it still cooks it good enough.

Other then that i do try some healthy fast food places as well. I find that places like Extreme pita/Pita pit are usally a more healthy alternative to subway (too much bread). Also can pretty much get grilled chicken salads anywhere (just pack some low cal or diet salad dressing with you).

If I can think of anything else I will let you know but I am always trying to find new foods as well.

One more thing, the company that makes that SPAM in a can, also makes it now with turkey and its decent. One can has like 40 g or protein and it lasts forever....real good with mustard.

tempbrit is offline Member
    I cannot do a grill.
    Yes, if you started a George Foreman up in a Marriott/Hilton/Hyatt, that will not go over well. Even if you could, I am not sure what your travel schedule looks like, but mine does not allow me to find a grocery store and pick up a few essentials. Typically, I am staying in business areas and there tends to be few grocery stores.

I am on the road normally about 250 nights a year. I also travel internationally extensively as well. I spend the majority of my day in front of clients and understand your issues completely. While I find that eating perfectly on the road, here is what I do to try and mitigate the damage:

1) Lug your food with you. I NEVER check bags!! NEVER! Sometimes my bag is well above any carry-on limits, but as a frequent traveler, checking is a no no. I typically carry with my Natty Pbutter, Oatmeal, Tuna, Salmon (in Tuna packets), Flax Oil, Protien powder, and MRPs. Protein source options are limited. It is a huge pain in the ass, but I am sick and tired of being stuck eating the crappy food when in Mexico City for example and wasting my workouts or my cutting regiment.

2) Establish a Good Relationship with the Hotels you stay at. If possible, become the highest level award status at the respective Hotel chain. I am a Marriott fanatic and try and stay at these hotels where possible. Being a Platinum guest carrys a lot of weight. I typically have my secretary call the hotel and speak with the Concierge or Guest Service Manager and let them know about my special meal requirements. My secretary has an e-mail that lays out the specifics of my diet and what I require from the hotel. Hotel food is expensive as hell, but I have never had a client complain about my meal expenses. I usually end up eating a lot of Filet Mignon and Shrimp and Seafood. There are a few hotels that take it to the point where I feel as though I have a nutritionists planning my meals, which are all on demand. Please note that they can arrange to have healthy foods delivered to whereever you are working. I take advantage of this often when I am in meetings all day with clients. The crazy thing is that due to my status, many times, even with the food delivery and special attention to detail, the hotel does not gouge me and often I get me free meals.

3) Tell your clients and your co-workers or staff that you have special dietary needs and that you need to eat a lot and regularly. I have sat in many boardrooms of Fortune 100 companies munching a Protein Bar or sipping a shake. I have found that my passion about my diet becomes infectious and only stirs questions about diet and training and helping people get back to the gym. I have never been in a situation where someone has objected to my eating, including in meetings. The only times I have issues is when I sit on a panel or speak at a conference. I do not eat while on the stage or at the podium, but I do eat like a bandit during breaks.

4) Research the gyms prior to arrival. I find that a good gym often will help me find good quick easy places to get protein. I am a very social person and usually strike up a conversation with people there. This question is also included in the e-mail that my secretary sends to the Concierge and Service Manager to have them investigate the gyms prior to my arrival.

Basically eating good on the road is expensive (if you are travelling for work then you are golden) and difficult, but can be done.

Flex2winny is offline Associate Member
    You guys who work 7ish am to 630ish pm M_F......how do you manage to lift in the pm? Does it suffer?? Portable cooler isnt bad, but training has got to kill you! I'm about to start doing it and it's stressing me out big time.............any suggestions? How has your training been? Stats? Improving?

juicy_brucy is offline Ripped, not bulky
    Does anyone else get bad gas from protein shakes? Sitting in 2 hour meetings suck when you have to pass gas!
    The bad gas followed by non solid chunky wet shits?
    I am a steel worker. Since I got my new job, I seem to be hitting the gym less frequenty. I work 11a.m.-11p.m. every day. Working out b4 work is death and the same with after. Midnight workouts seem to be the trick for me, but this sucks. And on the weekend I am frickin tired and all i do is sleep. I still manage to Giv'er though.

(GO FLAMES!! MBH, they still have Iginla and kiprusoff!!!)

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    i had this problem foe a little while i ooked all my meals on Sunday and Wednesday put them in tupperware and stored them in the frig i had food all week sometimes it didnt taste the best but nobody said BB is easy

TADOLFI is offline Member
    tempbrit had something in item 4)...

If you hit the gym in town - you might ask who they recommend you get items from that you need for your diet.

WelshWarrior is offline Senior Member
    I'm in exactly the same position. I like the cottage cheese idea.

Flex2winny is offline Associate Member
    Im wayyy more worried about my training and how I will feel as opposed to diet....hell, If I go 4 hours or have to have a bar or shake so be it.....just afraid I wont have the energy to work out...........my plan is:

530 am cardio
    work from 715-6pm
    train from 630-745....and bed around 10..........5 days a week..........think it's feasable or not?

WelshWarrior is offline Senior Member
    In the same boat here. Bump for new ideas.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information