Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator

Anyone here work!?

I see all these diet schedules that are very regimented...does anyone have an office job that requires them to be in meetings at all different times of the day? What about having a WO around 6PM? I would like to see some examples of what other people do as I am having a hard time adjusting my diet with my career and WO time.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    I'm often gone at 730am, and don't get home till 7pm, I bring a couple of chicken breasts with me, and workout at night, followed by normal PWO scheduling.

Hardball1783 is offline Associate Member
    I work over night 10pm to 6:30am M-F I take my meals with me. Chicken breast, tuna, etc............ Do what u have to do to change it.

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm a personal trainer so i eat while my clients do a 10 minute cardio warm-up....plus i'm expected to follow the lifestyle that i preach so it's easy when im shovin chicken down my throat right before or after a session. i also schedule my workouts during my day (it's nice making my own schedule)

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Me too!

~SC~

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    I work in an office and go to college during the week....and basically I just plan ahead and bring all my stuff in tupperware containers, and eat when I can (usually 2-3 hours apart depending on class schedule or work) Does your job allow you to eat while working at all? Do you get breaks often?

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    Junior A hockey player..full time STUD(ent) too..dosent get any better

BP85 is offline Junior Member
    Im a student, and I also work at a sporting good store. In class, I lie and say I am diabetic and have to eat. At work, I go to the bathroom, and stop off at the fridge where I'll grab some chicken and almonds or something. I only work 5 hour shifts though during school, So, I'll eat one real meal, then have a shake w/ flax and/or MCT oil.

rugbyking is offline Associate Member
    i work in a dr's office where i draw blood. i have lots of down time so i just slip downstairs to the fridge and eat my tuna. i also keep brazil nuts in a drawer in my lab in case i need a snack. its pretty laid back but some times it gets crazy.
    i work out around 6pm also i just have my pwo shake immediately after wo then about an hour later i have chicken and brown rice. then right before bed a shake with flax and thats about it.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I work 8-5pm and go to school from 5:40-10:40pm. I pre-cook everything and carry a cooler full of tupper wear dishes i have prepared w/ tuna, chicken, steak almonds, etc... You gotta do what you gotta do, i am at work now and will be having my 2:30 meal (tuna w/ mayo & almonds). I start a new job on Monday and i will adjust to it as well..no changes have been made to my schedule as of yet.

Good luck to everyone, we all make sacrifices in one way or another.

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm either on the road or working at home. I rarely have to go into the office. But, I think I'd find it easier to eat if I had an office job. I'd keep 2-3 meals in the fridge and I'd eat every 2-3 hours. When I'm on the raod, there's nothing to warm up my food, which SUCKS.

Can you eat during your meetings or are they too formal for that?

Meetings are formal. Plus I'm always living out of hotels. They do have micros and fridges. I usually eat lots of tuna at night...and eggs, etc. for breakfast. Lunch is Subway. Time is an issue...as is professionalism. I can't carry around a cooler of food to a client's office.

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    i work costruction, pile driving, crane operator so my diet kinda sucks i cant just stop the rig and eat when i want so im not eatin right but tryin. i cant eat cold rice or veggies so mostly tuna and chicken or steak and fruit and protein shakes. gonna get diet right after holidays with swoles program. oh and i workout at 4am before work

Moosepellet is offline Member
    Plan ahead man! Protein shakes, chicken breasts, tuna are all easy to make. I use my GEORGE FORMAN GRILL everyday.

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    It sounds like everyone has mentioned some of the better ideas but when I go on the road I always bring protein and a shaker along with me. I also bring a soft sided cooler and cram it with ice packs and food so that I can get in as many meals as possible when I am away from the office. The cooler is what works best for me because there are many times I have no access to a fridge.

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    Get a different job.

Quote Originally Posted by sooners04
    Get a different job.
    Nice reply jackass. Show some maturity junior.

Anyone have any other ideas. I live out of hotels while on the road so I can't cook chicken breasts or anything else.

Kamel407 is offline Junior Member

Cool

I figure protein bars are portable, don't always need to stay cool, and they store easily in your pants pocket. Here are some articles I skimmed over quickly, they might not be right on target with exactly what you're asking but I'm sure you'll find something decent out of them.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/south13.htm

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/brenda2.htm

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/issa66.htm

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/saunders2.htm

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/zaino1.htm

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/fastnutrition.htm

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/tom1.htm

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/gluhareff7.htm

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    eh bro, I got a buddy in the muscletech biz, he has a dumpload of supplements and meal replacements that I am using like a fakin looney bin, cause I can't eat like you's dudes can eats.

pm me up if you want a real good deal on anything you want from em. I can get it all my canadian brothah.

even if not, what Im sayin is preengineered is the way to go, if you cant do what ya gotta do.

PM'd ya.

Any other ideas. We all know real food is best...and I can sometimes get an upset stomach from supps.

TRIBOL is offline Associate Member
    personaly i got fed up with making my meals all the time. i just bring bagged deli trukey slices and eat that every 3 hours w/ shakes in between. im up at 6am and home at 11pm, it was getting to stressfull with me. only time i workout is weekends. this is a hard lifestyle but im trying,lol...kudos to the bro's that stay dedicated to this game!

TrIBOL

It really f'ing sucks guys. I have a slight case of IBS so it's hard to tell what I can or can't eat. So when traveling I eat solid/plain food. Once in a hotel...it's hard not to eat out. A person can't live on tuna pouches. I'm at wits end trying to eat healthy while being on the road 95% of the time. I have to figure how to eat healthy while living in a hotel (sometimes without a mic and fridge).

Sorry to complain. Just putting on extra pounds now b/c I'm eating crappy. It's either eat crappy airport food...or don't eat. I get bad headaches if I don't eat.

I'm lacking discipline when it comes to diet. Plus when in CA...Chipotle is so damn easy and delicious!!!!!

Does anyone else get bad gas from protein shakes? Sitting in 2 hour meetings suck when you have to pass gas!

Kamel407 is offline Junior Member
    we have 2 or 3 chipotles in orlando, but I have never been to them, what do they serve? I thought it was a fast food chain.

I get gas from everything unless I am eating 100% clean and drinking 2 gallons of water a day. Any cheating, and its double gas.

Of course thats how you can tell a dropper from a keeper when it comes to women.

My GF lets me pass gas 50 times a day. I guess she's a keeper then.
    Last edited by Money Boss Hustla; 06-09-2005 at 03:58 PM.

Hans is offline Associate Member
    Money, Is it possible to pack a Forman grill in your luggage and hit a grocery store once at your destination, pick up some meat, cook it and tupperware it for your stay?

musclegirl is offline New Member
    I had a travellin job before ... in my old life... I used to do all these same things. Protein bars, protein shakes, pick up a chicken at a store's deli - you can usually find a roasted chicken there somewhere, tuna (and more tuna), they also have canned chicken (yeuck), and those deli slices of meat, ah and salads you can get those all over. And my FAVORITE -- Peanut butter!!! I always went out for dinner though and just ate accordingly - salmon, chicken whatever you can get - and just be picky about the sides. Usually restaurants will substitute for you when they can.

HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans
    Money, Is it possible to pack a Forman grill in your luggage and hit a grocery store once at your destination, pick up some meat, cook it and tupperware it for your stay?

what i was going to say! they have small ones that are portable, good for living in hotels all the time

Jet
    Jet is offline Junior Member
    I work 7 days a week 8 hrs on 8 hrs off.
    I'm having an extremely hard time.

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD
    what i was going to say! they have small ones that are portable, good for living in hotels all the time
    Not enough room in the luggage. Plus I travel internationally. Carrying a Foreman grill around would be a headache. Not only that...but I think it is against hotel rules to cook in the room (except the mw).

Keep hammering the suggestions guys...I really appreciate it. Hopefully we can come up with something together.

Hans is offline Associate Member
    Pull the chef/room service/food & beverage mgr/etc aside and tip him well?

...but I can't carry the grill with me.

Jet
    Jet is offline Junior Member
    You need on the road foods?
    How long do you stay at these hotels usually and how much time do you spend there?
    How long are you in the avg meeting and how many a day do you attend?
    If anything you can invest in a small foreman, take it with you and when you get in town stop by a local grocer and pick up chicken breast and those flavor bags, make something when you get home for than and the next day. You can't take food in the meeting with you but you can keep the cooler in the trunk of the car and eat what you got before you hit the gym.

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    dude you need to hit like a whole foods market or something and buy there grilled chicken thats what i do when im on the road its premade and tastes decent

colossus1 is offline Member
    MRPs would be your best choice IMHO.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    protein bars, shakes, grilled chicken , when ur at the hotel u can always ask em to cook special food for u
    brown rice instead of white , grilled chicken instead of fried etc.....

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Quote Originally Posted by sooners04
    Get a different job.
    Duh

I don't grow as I would like to? Take more roids!

I can't eat anymore? Eat more!

I can't do cardio coz I broke both my legs? Do it anyway!

Something things get complicated bro...

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    As for meals on the go.....I sometimes travel all day long and spend my whole day in the car...so:

When cutting : I make 4-5 protein shakes with peanuts

When bulking : I make 4-5 protein shakes with cooked rice that I ground up earlier, mix it b4 you drink and don't think about how sucky it tastes

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    I work as a personal assistant for disabled right now and its the PERFECT job for a bodybuilder(except the crap salary). I can eat what I want when I want it because the people I work with most of the time never goes anywhere. I can cook and prepare food during worktime ect.

In the fall Im gonna begin university again and then I just eat every break. I usualy bring 1-2 shakes and one solid meal depending on how many lectures I have and I eat fruits during the lectures.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information