mitch911 is offline Member

carbs distrubution in meals

Right now im bulking,im 5'7 170 pounds and 17 years old, and according to the spreadsheet i need 3403cals to bulk 340 g of protein 340g carbs and 76g fats. when i was cutting i kept carbs to only my first 3 meals. when bulking is it alright to have carbs in ur first 5 meals.
    meal 1 has 1.5 cup oat= 80g carbs
    meal 2 pwo = 80g dextrose
    meal 3 2 slices whole wheat bread=30g carbs
    meal 4 sweat potato=80g
    here i am at 270g carbs. i still need 70g left.... should i throw in 2 more slices of bread in meal 3 and eat a **** load of green veggies with my next 3 meals? or should i include 70g of carbs from say another 1.5 cup of oats with meal 5 which is usually at 7:00 or is this too late to be eating that many carbs? what should i do

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    up the pwo a little bit and also up the ppwo(meal 3) IMO

definately up the carbs in meal 3

would adding 2 more slices of whole wheat bread be good enough.... the only reason why im limited in meal 3 is because it is my lunch at schoo... so would 2 chicken sandwiches be good or should i use 6 slices of whole wheat bread(i can make 2 double stacker sandwiches) for 80g of carbs? or is this too much bread, because i heard too much bread is no good

well for some people, one slice of bread is no good because it bloats them, gives them a bublish look. why dont you bring some oatmeal in a baggy? or just have a potato or somthing...i don't know what you school has or anything. or, since youre bulking, do they serve pasta?

yea when i was cutting thats what i would do was bring brown rice or a sweat potatoe with chicken and green beans..but then a would have to wait in a huge line just to use the microwave..once i started bulking and heard whole wheat bread was fine, i started just making a huge chicken sandwich and brought brocoli in a baggy. I would get a good meal...i wish there were more sources of complex carbs which were quick and easy to eat. when u say oatmeal in a baggy...do u just mean eating raw oats(uncooked) does this taste good? and for the pasta i wouldnt eat it..its actually greasy for some reason and its not whole wheat.

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Try adding one of these badboys to meal 3 Try these bada$$ flapjacks!

in your recipes it says 250g oatmeal and then theres 250 oats...does this mean that it is cooked oats mixed with raw oats?

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch911
    in your recipes it says 250g oatmeal and then theres 250 oats...does this mean that it is cooked oats mixed with raw oats?
    Nah, by oatmeal I mean shredded/granulated oats, the other is whole oats. You could probably use all one or the other as the nutritional value is identical, I found that by mixing the two I got a better texture/consistancy.
    The cinnamon & raisin ones are delicious, you could probably get away with less raisins than I used if you wanted to be a bit stricter. The chocolate ones are a bit sweet, I'm going to try a batch tomorrow with less splenda and a little more cocoa.

ok thanks man il give it a try

Thread Information