100%NATURAL-theGH is offline Senior Member

New Dieting Concepts?

I am back on the diet... I feel like crap but in a good way. My diet is pretty simple. The same thing every day.

Breakfast: 6egg whites 2 egg yokes
    1 serving oat meal with splenda
    1 banana
    Mid Morning: Protein Shake w/ 80+ grams protein- 16oz 2% milk

Lunch: 8 oz chicken (marinated in yoshima terriyaki)
    1 cup brown rice
    1 cup steamed broccoli (only eat a piece or 2 cuz it's so **** soggy reheated- freeze my meals)

Mid afternoon: Protein Shake w/ 80+ grams protein- 16oz 2% milk

Dinner: 2 cans tuna (sick of this **** and heard its not good for me) can of green beans or something like it and some white rice if its right after my workout.

Bedtime: Shake w/ 80+ grams protein... usually water

I have some dextrose from Kent nutrition that I have been adding 1 scoop of to my PWO shake... which is usually my mid afternoon shake. I take 5g glutamine in every shake... Take handfulls of Glucosamine Chondroitin... Multi Vit. Vit C E... B complex.. I don't know what to do with this or if it's ok as it is. I have been doing it for cutting on and off since I was 14... starting to think that there must be a better way. I would really appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks guys, 100%Natty

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Alot of milk IMO.... I'd just use water...
    Nothing wrong with tuna....
    I'd add fats in with your protein... especially before bed....
    I'd also split the glut. up to in the AM, and before bed....
    Hope that helps a bit before the gurus start to critique you lol....

hey I want some harsh criticism... I have a post on my cycle too if you want to look... yeah maybe cut out the milk... but I get so hungry without ... but if its whats right then ill do it... do you know how much Dextrose is in one of those scoops from Kent nutrition??? and how much do you need PWO??? and as far as fats go do essential fatty acids work?? and why do you need those? (Solid Whey is kinda suckY)

Quote Originally Posted by 100%NATURAL-theGH
    hey I want some harsh criticism... I have a post on my cycle too if you want to look... yeah maybe cut out the milk... but I get so hungry without ... but if its whats right then ill do it... do you know how much Dextrose is in one of those scoops from Kent nutrition??? and how much do you need PWO??? and as far as fats go do essential fatty acids work?? and why do you need those? (Solid Whey is kinda suckY)
    I'd leave the milk alone.. even skim milk, cuz of all the sugar....
    I've never used Kent.. I live in Canada...
    You should have a 2:1 ratio of dex to protein.. therefore.. for example... 90g of dex, and 45g or protein....

Yes, EFAs are what I meant.. such as flax seed oil, Udo's oil, almonds etc....

"EFA's help to optimize insulin sensitivity, modulate the release and mobilization of lipids (fat), transport oxygen from red blood cells to the tissues, and keep saturated fat mobile in the bloodstream, increasing the likelihood it will be burned rather than stored.

EFA's are also components of the membranes of cells, thus they play a vital role in maintaining fluidity and rigidity of cell membranes. I've written a great deal about EFA's so for the purpose of this article, suffice it to say flaxseed oil can be a valuable dietary aid to anyone seeking fat reduction."
    Read this thread: Supplements While Cutting

yeah I have quite a few EFAs on hand... just got lazy... should i start taking them with every protein shake??? and when should I take the glutamine. Thanks.

yeah I have quite a few EFAs on hand... just got lazy... should i start taking them with every protein shake??? and when should I take the glutamine. Thanks.
    Take the EFAs when you have your Pro/Fat meals... but don't mix the fat with carbs.... also, take some with your whey shake before bed.. helps to slow down the absorbption of protein, instead of taking a caseinate protein.. which is expensive...
    Read this carefully, it will help explain some fundamentals to you.. tried and true...
    http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...ad.php?t=75729

Glutamine: Best used in dosages of 10grams daily, 5 grams before cardio, 5 grams at another interval, but not after workout as it fights for absorption with the glutamine peptides in whey. (from above link)

hmm.. interesting... where do I get Maltodextrin??? I have Dextrose... but not Maltodextrin. Also... I'm sure that someone knows how many grams of dextrose are in each scoop from Kent nutrition... it looks like maybe a tablespoon scoop... maybe more... and is it really necessary to take both kinds of carbs PWO??? or is dextrose good enough?? and how much fat with each shake? (would peanut butter be ok at bed time or is that ridiculous?) I used to take it to help me gain at bed time... but maybe the EFAs in it are usefull... or are you better off with just taking a multi EFA?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Just use dextrose.

1/2 cup is 75 grams of carbs.

~SC~

hmm.. interesting... where do I get Maltodextrin??? I have Dextrose... but not Maltodextrin. Also... I'm sure that someone knows how many grams of dextrose are in each scoop from Kent nutrition... it looks like maybe a tablespoon scoop... maybe more... and is it really necessary to take both kinds of carbs PWO??? or is dextrose good enough?? and how much fat with each shake? (would peanut butter be ok at bed time or is that ridiculous?) I used to take it to help me gain at bed time... but maybe the EFAs in it are usefull... or are you better off with just taking a multi EFA?
    Like Swole said.. just stick to the dextrose...

In regards to PB, if you do decide to eat it... eat natty PB.. no salt, no sugar added....
    I'd just take some Udo's/Flax/Extra Virgin olive oil... before bed with my whey shake...

I have a multi EFA I used to take 3 of with every shake and I started doing it again today... dropped the milk... 1/2 cup dextrose??? ****! and that is only 75g... do I need more??? Im 245lbs. Probably around 225LBM... I take in around 80-100g protein post workout.... is that too much or is it ok?

I have a multi EFA I used to take 3 of with every shake and I started doing it again today... dropped the milk... 1/2 cup dextrose??? ****! and that is only 75g... do I need more??? Im 245lbs. Probably around 225LBM... I take in around 80-100g protein post workout.... is that too much or is it ok?
    You can put more in than the half cup... you should have a 2:1 ratio like I said... so... put in 2/3 cup of dex.. and mix that with 45 g of protein...
    Yes, 80g is too much to put in your PWO shake...
    90g (2/3 cup) of dex, and 45g of protein should work fine for you...

why not use more protein??? I can utilize it if I'm juicing right? Or is that just too much to compete for uptake or something.... how many grams do you take in your regular shakes?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Advice to avoid speculation here, which is all this is:

Experiment, keep a log, track progress, adjust, etc. You have to do it for yourself and be accurate.

80 grams of protein pwo is assinine, seeing as GLYCOGEN replinishment is what you are after, so carbs are the focus, and then protein. (Hence the 2 to 1 ratio)

~SC~

This has been a public service announcement by SwoleCat...

decadbal is offline Banned
    your body cant assimilate that much protein stick to under 50gm per meal...

Yeah I was thinking that today... 50grams a meal like every 2 hours or something... if I only eat 6 meals a day at 50 grahams each... (which I doubt I have 50 in my breakfast as of now) that would only be 300 grams.... thanks for the advice about the Glycogen replenishment... don't really understand why but I will take your word for it and drop my protein intake.

decadbal is offline Banned
    glycogen is what is taken from the muscle cells when u work out, or when your body dips in past energy from stored fat or carbs in your bloodstream, you get glycogen from carbs(mainly), which is why you want them so quickly absorbed pwo. filling the muscles back up and slightly more.

Thanks.

Ryan2g is offline Junior Member
    Natty- What times do you eat at usually?

every 3 hours... breakfast, shake, lunch, shake, dinner, shake

Thread Information