jmillerdls is offline Junior Member

How much splenda?

When cutting, can you use splenda? or is sucralose still not good, even if it doesnt have calories...

What about bulking, cuz im using quite a bit of it (perhaps a cup a day)...should i break this habit while im still early on in the process...or is this ok?

cb25 is offline Banned
    Splenda is a-ok

I use it all the time, cutting or bulking...whenever.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    A cup???

That's a lot. Keep in mind each packet has 0.9 grams of carbs, basically "1". It's listed as 0 because of pull w/the FDA.

So, a cup is quite a bit! Bulking it's probably not an issue dependent upon personal dietary preference, but for any sensible cutting approach, that's too much IMPO.

~SC~

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    A cup???

That's a lot. Keep in mind each packet has 0.9 grams of carbs, basically "1". It's listed as 0 because of pull w/the FDA.

So, a cup is quite a bit! Bulking it's probably not an issue dependent upon personal dietary preference, but for any sensible cutting approach, that's too much IMPO.

~SC~
    i was under the impression that even though it techincally has 0.9g/packet, that none of the carbs are actually assimilated -- instead just excreted without having been absorbed/used.

but i could be wrong, it has been a few years since i've studied this stuff

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cb25
    i was under the impression that even though it techincally has 0.9g/packet, that none of the carbs are actually assimilated -- instead just excreted without having been absorbed/used.

but i could be wrong, it has been a few years since i've studied this stuff

Its main ingredient is maltodextrin as well as sucralose. Now granted I dont know the precentages of malto compared to sucralose but I'm sure thats where the .9 comes from. That being said though I use that sh*t like its going out of style too. I love sweets and it seems to do the trick keeping me away from cookies, ice cream, brownies, etc.

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne
    Its main ingredient is maltodextrin as well as sucralose. Now granted I dont know the precentages of malto compared to sucralose but I'm sure thats where the .9 comes from. That being said though I use that sh*t like its going out of style too. I love sweets and it seems to do the trick keeping me away from cookies, ice cream, brownies, etc.
    ok, well maybe that's (the maltodex) where it comes from...because as i recall, it's made from pure dextrose, then chemically altered so as to not be absorbed...thus you have a very sweet tasting molecule, but one that does not get absorbed.

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    A cup???

~SC~
    ill definately consider this when cutting...but while im bulking..im going to enjoy it, even if its not necessarily the perfect sweetening tool

The carbs may not affect blood sugar to any great degree, however the carbs still "COUNT" as kcals.

Just like sugar alcohols do.

Fiber is the only exception.

~SC~

Boost n Juice is offline Associate Member
    Crap, I drink about 10 Fruit 2Os which contain splenda a day at my work (they're free) and have a spoonful of splenda per every protein shake...

beenie is offline Senior Member
    One other thing to keep in mind is that because the carbs are not digestible, you may suddenly find that that by eating an entire cup of sucralose that you have a lot of extra time to catch up on your reading (if you know what I mean).

Quote Originally Posted by beenie
    One other thing to keep in mind is that because the carbs are not digestible, you may suddenly find that that by eating an entire cup of sucralose that you have a lot of extra time to catch up on your reading (if you know what I mean).
    well, i havent as of yet, but its only been about a week and half of doing this so far...And, the cup (or approximately) is over the course of an entire 24 hours. Not all at once, which i bet would result in said experience

beenie is offline Senior Member
    That's interesting. I guess it affects different people differently. Many products containing products actually used to contain warning lables on them that excess consumption could have a laxitive effect. Of the sweeteners Surcralose, Lactitol, and Malitol, I personally am most likely to be affected by lactitol. Seems to me that if you have gone a week and one half at a cup a day without a prob, you can pretty safely disregard my earlier comment.

Scooby1 is offline Member
    here we go-

Today in lecture we went over this- Okay the reason why Splenda is so good is due to the fact that when it is produce C6.H12.O6(sugar) a chlorine molecule is attached thus not allowing the Splenda to be broken down. The blood insulin levels (when injesting Splenda or any other sweetener) do rise due to the pschological stimuli with the sensation of sweet. However of course this insulin release is min. in contrast of eating simple sugar (monosaccharides) ie. Fructose Glucose Galactose other sugars: Lactose, Sucrose, Maltose (disaccharides) complex sugars: glycogen, starch, fiber (polysaccharides)

any questions??

Quote Originally Posted by scooby122884
    here we go-

Today in lecture we went over this- Okay the reason why Splenda is so good is due to the fact that when it is produce C6.H12.O6(sugar) a chlorine molecule is attached thus not allowing the Splenda to be broken down. The blood insulin levels (when injesting Splenda or any other sweetener) do rise due to the pschological stimuli with the sensation of sweet. However of course this insulin release is min. in contrast of eating simple sugar (monosaccharides) ie. Fructose Glucose Galactose other sugars: Lactose, Sucrose, Maltose (disaccharides) complex sugars: glycogen, starch, fiber (polysaccharides)

any questions??
    Psychological insulin elevation???

Wait, let me get my psychological muscle growth going too!!

Hold on, if I THINK hard enough, I can drop fat too!!!!!!

~SC~

No dude seriously would like my source?

Adv. principles of Anatomy and Physiology 10th ed.
    Tortora Grabowski - Authors
    Pg. 614
    " Insulin secretion is stimulated by:
    Acetylcholine, the neurotransmitter from the axon terminal of parasympathetic vagus nerve fibers that innervate the pancreatic islets." " Also amino acids- Arginine and leucine."

How about those sweet thoughts?? lol

My point was that it's not something that is going to make any kind of MARKED difference whatsoever. So, it's still null/void as far as I am concerned.

Thanks for sharing.

~SC~

Thread Information