Heart Rate Monitor

Whats going on everybody,

I recently started a bulking diet based on the sticky at the top of the page and I am trying to get the cardio done once a twice a week at the proper beat rate. Does anyone have any heart rate monitor suggestions. I have been looking at the Nike ones, and wanted to know if anyone had any experience with these. Thanks alot.
    Last edited by IWillEatYourChildren; 11-08-2004 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Misspelling

Boost n Juice is offline Associate Member
    I got one off ebay HRM watch...It's as accurate as the cardio machines I use...Only $20 shipped to the states...

mitch911 is offline Member
    i also bought one on ebay....theres ones on there which are equal to the top of the line nike ones if you are looking for the special one which record ur previous workouts and beep if u get outside ur target zone for like 40 bucks there a good idea if you want to switch up ur cardio to other things other then the machines in the gym...im just waiting on mine since i live in Canada.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Polar is good. But frankly, I got one a few years back and used it twice. The cardio machines at my gym calculate it anyway.

Next question: Don't know anything about you but is twice a week cardio really enough for you? Personally I think I would get flab If I did it any less than 5 days/week. Guess if you are still young you can get away with it. The rule of thumb that I have been told is that if you keep your heart rate at 55% of target you shoulddn't be sacrificing muscle. I am sure that if this is wrong I will be corrected, and I am not a competitive bb as are some people on the board who take this very seriously, and have developed this into a science.
    Last edited by beenie; 11-11-2004 at 11:04 PM.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Kids are too high carb bruh!

~SC~

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by beenie
    Polar is good. But frankly, I got one a few years back and used it twice. The cardio machines at my gym calculate it anyway.

Next question: Don't know anything about you but is twice a week cardio really enough for you? Personally I think I would get flab If I did it any less than 5 days/week. Guess if you are still young you can get away with it. The rule of thumb that I have been told is that if you keep your heart rate at 55% of target you shoulddn't be sacrificing muscle. I am sure that if this is wrong I will be corrected, and I am not a competitive bb as are some people on the board who take this very seriously, and have developed this into a science.
    65%-75% max HR for 45m-1hr.

And you are right, 5-7 days a week are recommended. Its all about being realistic.

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member

Boost n Juice is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boost n Juice
    I got one off ebay HRM watch...It's as accurate as the cardio machines I use...Only $20 shipped to the states...
    Mine broke... DON'T buy the $20 off ebay
    Just got a Nike one off ebay for $58 shipped...

Thread Information