Thread: Fat problems.

joeys_gsx is offline New Member

Exclamation Fat problems.

Ok here is my situation. I have been lifting for a year and a half. I use to weigh 260 and just fat. Now I am down to 230 and husk. I have the bulk and mass but I am tired of just not having the leaner look. I always try to eat well balenced diets. Which consist of 6 chicken breast, frozen corn, milk, beans, and stay low on the breads. I workout about 6 times a week. I do cardio about 4 times a week for about 1hr to 1 1/2. I just want to look leaner for the summer so maybe I can compete. I having trouble from getting down on weight. Do I need to cut may calories. Do I need a 2000 calorie diet. What do I need other than a weight loss agent. (Clen didnt do as much a I hoped.) I just need to know if I am on the right past or am I going in the wrong direction. Anybody with experience can you give me some pointers. My drawback is my gut. Please any advice would be helpful.

Thank you in advance.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    check out the cutting sticky in this forum... all you need to know is there

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Before we start on diet, which will be really important as you cut let's start with cardio. What kind of cardio, if any, are you doing?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Corn/milk/beans is also an issue!

~SC~

For cardio I do 45 minutes eliptical trainer and 30 minutes on the treadmill.

rugbyking is offline Associate Member
    your cardio should be in the morning on an empty stomach, that will preserve as much muscle as possible and burn mostly fat. 45-60mins 5-7 days a week and it should also be done at 60-70% of your max heart rate as this is your fat burning zone. i would stick with the eliptical as i find that i burn more calories on that than i do the treadmill and its much easier on my knees. dont have any carbs in your first meal after cardio. figure out how many carbs you eat in a day. make sure its under 150g of carbs would be a suggestion. post your diet too cause you may just have some timing issues of when your consuming certain nutrients.

Quote Originally Posted by joeys_gsx
    For cardio I do 45 minutes eliptical trainer and 30 minutes on the treadmill.
    That's a lot and thats great. Is that every day, once a week, once a month, or what?

Morning I eat a samon pattie or steak (left over from night before usally) and a granola bar. Some kind of meat right before class 6:30 am. I get home and around 11:30 I eat 2 chicken breat and a potato or some corn. Mid day snack I eat a samon pattie or two with corn usally. Dinner I eat steak, chicken, or steam samon; corn and potatos or a salad with chicken breat and just drink water.

Oh I do that cardio 4 times a week right now.

Are there any supplements one might recommend.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Morning I eat a samon pattie or steak (left over from night before usally) and a granola bar. Some kind of meat right before class 6:30 am. I get home and around 11:30 I eat 2 chicken breat and a potato or some corn. Mid day snack I eat a samon pattie or two with corn usally. Dinner I eat steak, chicken, or steam samon; corn and potatos or a salad with chicken breat and just drink water.

You'll want to improve on your dietary approach considerably. Stickies above in this forum give a relatively good general guideline.

~SC~

I think you are basically already on the right track with your cardio. It really sonunds like a great regiment. For your diet I think you are very high on your carbs. I wouldn't go anywhere near a simple carb if you are trying to cut. So try ELIMINATING potatoes iny form and really any bread or pasta. Corn isn't helping you either. Replace them with brocolli and lettuce, cabbage, cellery. Even your granola bar is probably sugar and carbs. Your salmon steak, and chicken breasts are great (just dont bread them), because they are protien rich foods, which is what you need most.

I believe that these simple changes will help you far more then supplementation, at least for where you are now.

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    Here is my very unprofessional opinion.

You are eating too many high GI foods (potatoes, corn, milk, etc). You want to stay away from anything sugary. For carbs, try brown rice or yams...and then like someone else mentioned, don't eat so much of them.

Make sure the steak is a lean cut. Salmon is a very fatty food btw. If you wanna be strict about cutting, try a white fish.

Like Beenie said, stay away from bleached flour products, potatoes, and any kind of sugar (that includes corn).

I work at the YMCA and we have some personal tainners there. I am going to get with the one with the most school and maybe he can help me set out a diet. Any other suggestions?

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Why come to the forum here and not take the advice? No trying to sound like a prick bro but the CUTTING STICKIE is all you need to know. Read it, Live it, Breath It and creatre your diet and post it here and we can help you tweak it.

Going to a personal trainer can cost you $$$, just trying to save you some cash.

This forum has changed my life as it has many others, and you know how much it cost us? $0

All you need to know is on this board and then some.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Panzerfaust; 11-17-2004 at 05:59 AM.

cool man I will take a good look at the the Stickys. Thanks for your support.

Thread Information