100%NATURAL-theGH is offline Senior Member

Question ALA and Creatine questions.

Hey I have a few questions. I am trying to put on semi lean mass... better yet I want to blow up and get ripped at the same time! ok so maybe it won't happen just like that but if I can put on some muslce and loose a little fat at the same time that would be great. I want to take creatine because it REALLY works well for me. Cuts my recovery time between sets in half. Now since I need to take creatine prior to my workout.... what do I take it with? I am taking a 1/2 cup of dextrose post workout so I didn't know if I should be taking it prior to my workout too. Should I take the creatine before my workout still with just apple juice? or should I be taking it post workout with my dextrose??? What would be the best way to do this... cuz I can't add it up. ok... and I've never taken ALA. Kent nutrition sells a good supply of it and I just ordered a bottle but I don't know if its the right kind because I read something about a different kinds of ALA... maybe I'm confused. How do you take ALA??? With your carbs right? But it lowers the amount of sugars redirected to insulin right? So you wouldn't want to take it with your PWO dextrose/pro shake? When would you take it then? just with your carb meals? so when you have carbs you take ala... and when you have pro/fat meals you take EFA? I know there are a lot of questions but I'm really trying to educate myself.. I'm tired of guessing at what is right and I read to many conflicting things on this board so I though by condensing it I could get some straight answers. I really appreciate anyones help. Thanks.

hmm.. left this all day and no bites.... usually SC jumps right in and sets me straight... I hope he didn't go on vacation! anyone who knows... can you help me?

Tallon484 is offline Junior Member
    Lean muscle and pump. I'd say try seratogue-1, with ester creatine. Serotogue-1 has amino acids that stimulate your growth hormones. Actually, I would also recomend high doses of arginine such as in NO 2. Then you will get twice as fast the recovery time from the pump and the increased protein synthesis.

ps. Seratogue-1 has arginine in it also.

hmm... NO2 really screwed with my chest... gave me pretty good chest pains.... I don't think I would take it again... what about this other supplement your talking about? seratogue? It's new to me.... o and I'm cycling right now... Test Prop right now till the Test E kicks in.

jimmyivory is offline Junior Member
    I've heard little good about NO2. It's basically a vasodialator which means it dialates your veins. The guy at GNC recommended it to me for "getting nutrients to your muscles quicker" and I did some research on it. Even a site that sells the stuff did a very brief study on it and disrecommended it. If you have low blood pressure it would probably have even worse side-effects. I read some stuff about ALA and they strongly suggested you take pure R-ALA instead of what most places sell, which is a combo of R and S ALA. The S counteracts some of the R's effects. If you've already bought it, use it because it's ok, just not as good. Also, you should take a biotin supplement with the ALA in case your ALA supp doesn't include it. I'm not sure why that is, but everyone suggests it.

ok.... thanks for the insight. I bought some arginine to take... quite a lot really.. so hopefully it will work out ok... and the ALA i bought is just that... ALA... I bought my stuff from Kent Nutrition.. is there stuff good?

jimmyivory is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%NATURAL-theGH
    ok.... thanks for the insight. I bought some arginine to take... quite a lot really.. so hopefully it will work out ok... and the ALA i bought is just that... ALA... I bought my stuff from Kent Nutrition.. is there stuff good?
    doesn't specify on their label so i don't know. might as well use it i'd say, most people recommend Glucorell R since it's pure R-ALA and has an included biotin supp. i've heard some peoples' pumps last longer on ALA so that would be a good sign...

thanks for the help... supplements are so confusing... so many things you can take... so many ways to take them.

Thread Information