Thread: whey protein

mitch911 is offline Member

whey protein

i purchased 22 pounds of whey protein isolate for fairly cheap compared to chicken breasts and chicken.. right now i am bulking and i am meeting my protoein requirements..would it be beneficial to squeeze in say 2 protein shakes inbetween a few meals just to add to the protein to assure muscle gains? or is this uneeded..i was just wondering seeing how i got a ****load for a good price. Also what is the next leanest meat after chicken breast and tuna, salmon, and flank steak. My parents are getting annoyed with always running to the store for me with all of my special food needs and its getting expensive. Would lean ground beef be allright if i cooked it and strained it?
    thanks for the help. Or would any part of the chicken be also good? whole chickens are fairly cheap..so which would be my better choice.

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    the ground beef makes a decent pro/fat meal while bulking, dont forget you can also eat lunchmeats and things of that nature for something different.

as for the whey shakes idea, un-needed IMO. if you think u need more protein just add the shakes to the meals.

dcb

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    Other parts of the chicken are also much higher in saturated fats. If eating other parts of the chicken just make sure you are removing the skin and excess fat from them. Lean pork chops arent bad for you depending on which ones they are.
    Also... you say you're meeting your protein requirements... what are your stats and how much protein/carbs and fat are you taking in?

im taking in 350g of both protein aknd carbs a day.. i am 5'7 and 175 pounds.
    for the lunch meat idea..arent these a bad choice seeing how they are high in sodium and processed? i guess im asking what is the next best choice lean meat wise?

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch911
    im taking in 350g of both protein aknd carbs a day.. i am 5'7 and 175 pounds.
    for the lunch meat idea..arent these a bad choice seeing how they are high in sodium and processed? i guess im asking what is the next best choice lean meat wise?
    sodium isnt really an issue unless you are in contest prep or not drinking enough water

dcb

jimmyivory is offline Junior Member
    350g is probably a good amount, I think most people try to get about 2x bodyweight (correct me if i'm wrong). I'd advise you to eat shakes between meals and not with them so you have a more consistent source of calories/protien during the day instead of big intermittent doses. If you eat 150g of protein at once your body won't be able to use it all and you'll piss some of it away.
    If you're going to get that much protein make sure you get plenty of water which your body needs to use the protein. If you get way more protein than you need it could be bad for your liver, but unless you already have a bad liver it'll probably be ok.

6_pak is offline Associate Member
    first off take a look at your weight-175lbs. Protein = 350.That does equal out to be 2 times your body weight. Recommended amount is 1.5 to 2. How many bowl movements are you having a day? Just because you take in that much, doesnt mean your body is using all of it. If your body cant assimilate that amount, you'll either piss it out or it will be stored as bodyfat, not to mention the money wasted on it. You didnt mention turkey. I buy the 92% fat free turkey. Gives me my fat needs.

yea ive been eating turkey for a while but turkey breasts are very expensive. i was wondering if cookin ground beef in a pan and then patting it down almost squeezing it dry would get rid of alot of the fat. The package of lean ground beef yields 20g protein 20g fat per half cup i think..would the patting idea work? i could use it as a protein/fat meal...or is it still goin be very high in satuarated fats ?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    It's better if you rinse it in hot water in a collander and then season it after.

It's a bit "dryer" of course, but if you use hot sauce or other things w/it, it's not too bad.

~SC~

nice idea what would u say that fat content would be doing it this way?

also to add to that would mixing in taco seasoning after it being rinsed be ok for flavour? or is there something bad with taco seasoning.

Thread Information