Thread: PWO and diet

HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member

PWO and diet

does your post workout simple carb count as part of your daily carb intake for the diet you are on???

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Mine most certainly does.

~SC~

ok so im having about 90g of dextrose after a workout so this can go towards my total daily carbs being around 150g including the dextrose!!! can you explain y it would count as part of the daily carb intake because ive heard it does and also it doesnt!!!

You have to consider WHAT plan you are referring to.

That is a tell tale indicator.

I mean, what you eat, no matter what time of day nor what it is, HAS to count towards your totals. I mean, if you eat it, it counts!

As well, what is your 150 figure for? Includes what? Etc. See what I mean?

~SC~

my carbs include 1/2 oatmeal in the morning, dextrose imediately after workout and medium sweet potatoe about an hour after my workout??? does this sound good?

Again, it's dependent upon your goals/weight/bodyfat/program being implemented/cardio/training/etc.

I can't label it "good" nor "bad", that just not possible.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

Again, it's dependent upon your goals/weight/bodyfat/program being implemented/cardio/training/etc.

I can't label it "good" nor "bad", that just not possible.

~SC~
    swolecat, ill give you a detailed description of what i want to do and how im going about doing it! i'm about 5'11 21yo and now 185lbs with 6-7%bf and also natural! im going away for march break(march 11-19) and want to look extreme ripped! ive already lost about 15lbs since i started dieting about 3 weeks ago i think my metabolism played a huge part in that because it's very fast! now my workout program consists of very heavy weight like 3-5 reps because i want to keep my size and strength, and a 4on 1 off split. my diet consists of about 350g of protein coming from only shakes, mostly chicken and egg whites and thats it! and my carbs come from oatmeal in the morning about 1/4 cup dry, about 90g dextrose powder pwo, and a medium sized sweet potatoe about 1 hour after my workout! and fat comes from flax seed oil twice a day. i havent started doing cardio yet beucase i want to see how far i can get without it! plus i dont want to comprimise the muscle i have but i know it is a must with dieting! ok now i have a few questions for you, with my stats and what my plans are what should be my daily protein,carb, and fat intake for my stats and plans? also is the dextrose post workout hurting my diet or is it still beneficial for after the workout to stop the anti-catabloic problem??? also please keep in mind im natural so if there are any tips you could give me to help keep my muscle while dieting natural please do tell me! thanks again!
    Last edited by crosby7117; 12-06-2004 at 07:01 PM.

Thread Information