GoFetch is offline New Member

Angry I have never worked out before, I am 44 and have a 24% Body Fat.

However, I refuse to think that I am ****ed and that even though I now understand the importance of keeping a healthy diet and working out, there is no hope of acquiring the best body that i am able to get, given my age, my lack of previous work outs and my excessive body fat.

I am 5'8", 161 and have a 24% body fat. My body fat is almost non-excistent on my legs and it is consentrated on my gut, my bitch tits which I cannot beleive I have accepted as a part of me for so long and are a result of fat and lack of excercise and not the consuption of AAR's, fat is also found in my arms and some on my back.

Having lived this way for 44 years, I am not sure how it happen that all of a suden I became aware of how terrible this was for my health as well as for my self esteem. Now that I am working towards a drastic change, I have become fairly depressed and I must do something on a daily basis to feel that I am activley changing myself at every moment of the day and night. Thus, changing my depession for a pump as a result of knowing that I empowered myself to change.

I am a fairly compulsive person so I think that once I have a plan, I will follow it religiously. However, given that I am new at this, I need help. After readding this threads, I have bought Protein Whey from ARR as well as vitamin b6, creatine, Glucosamine and chondrotin and i have arrived to the conclusion that even though i am discusted with my gut, and with my body fat, I must bulk up, before I can even think of going through a "cutting face", which is the opposite of what I would have done.

Based on a test I had at my gym, out of the 160 pounds I weight, 128 are LBM and 32 are body fat and in order for me to add mass I have been told that I need to consume:
    2542 calories
    250 gms of protein and
    10gms of Glutamine.

Daily Carb intake: 3 times a day (first 3 meals)
    Target heart rate of 115.7 - 124.6 - Cardio 5 times a week,
    first thing in the AM, before any food intake (does this mean no coffee nor protein shake either) How bad is a cup of coffee with a teaspoon of fat free coffee mate powder before my Cardio, I want to do the Cardio Mon - Fri @ 6:00 AM

Also, although this "is" a diet forum, I have had conflicting advice on the frequency of my lifting weights. While most folks at my gym agree that I should do 45 min of Cardio 5 days a week, some advice a 3 day work out, i.e. monday wednesday and friday, while others are telling me 6 days a week.

What do you guys recommend? Please do not patronize me, i waited on the sidelines for 44 years, now it is my turn to be a man. please tell me an agressive answrer as I am determined to work as a F****ng dog to achieve my goals. However, I want to work smart, not just hard.

Now..... in order for me to start my new life, I would very much appreciate your reassurance that my info is correct and that if there are changes to be made, you bros let me know. Today is Saturday November 20th, I want to start with my new diet on Monday November 22nd. Would you please give me any ideas as to how that diet may look like? I have read the UNofficial Bulking up primer by LeanMeOut and Rambo as well as Muscle Mass diet by XXL.

And bty, if any of you are tempted to ask, well....what are your goals....my goals are to acquire the very, very best body I can, while being realistic of genetics, age and lack of former training. One way or another, my body will end up being better than the one I had when I was 22....that's for sure ****ing exciting. And as soon as I am ready to juice myself up, I will follow the example of the guys in the After 30's forum.

Also, after discussing my goals with my doctor, he has agreed to prescrive 350 of testesteron every week, would this help me?

Thanks bros.

Dutch
    P/S as far as supplements, I have been told that at this stage, the only smart stuff to do is Clen , Ephedra and M1T, Do you agree and if so, when and how should I use this stuff?
    Last edited by GoFetch; 11-21-2004 at 12:59 AM.

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Your pretty down on your self there.. i can tell you for sure that there are lots of bro's here on this board and many other who have made dramatic transformations.

Hey Big Mike:

Yeah, you are right --I am down right now-- but I know myself and I know that if I have a plan to better myself and follow it, I will get out of this rut and feel awesome in no time......knowing that I am in control.

Hell, even cheat day will be extra rewarding.

Dutch

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    I think it might serve you good to see some of the dramatic before and afters here.. but i can't find them. Maybe somebody else knows what thread im talking aboot.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I have some before/afters that I am currently updating here:

http://www.vizualxcellence.com/walloffame/index.html

May wish to check 'em out!

~SC~

6_pak is offline Associate Member
    hey man you just decided to make a major change in your like. THERE IS NOTHING TO FEEL DOWN ABOUT. You have 24% bf thats not extremely bad. Focus on getting that in the teens, which is the average males bf. You're age has nothing to do with what kind of body you're able to get. Its your heart!!!! There are bodybuilders that compete up through their fifties and sixties.
    If your trying to bulk up, I would suggest taking in protein before cardio, but nothing else. Lift weights however you feel. Three days or Five days. I prefer 5 days. I workout each bodypart once a week, except for calves and abs. Even though your on a bulking diet you still want to bust up abs, so whenever you start your cutting diet, youll actually see that the hard work paid off. I think your calorie level is ok. you were probably eating more than this on a regular. You'll gain weight, but make sure its not alot of fat. Remember the more bf you have at the end of your bulking diet the harder its going to be and more knowledge will be required in loosing bf without loosing muscle. Just keep asking questions and doing research. I admire the ethusiasm; but its going to be a long hard road ahead. Stay positive about your commitment. If you need motivation this is a good place to be. Keep us posted on your progress. Good luck.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    As far as weight training goes, I would strongly suggest a M,W,F whole body routine. As a beginner, one exercise per bodypart will be plenty. I would go with 3 sets per exercise and focus on machines (safe/time effeceint) as a base. Then progress into free weights, push/pull, upper/lower, whatever you wish. I am completely against prescribing one bodypart/day for a beginner, as one will NOT be able to handle the volume per muscle group. Adding in, caffeine increases lipolysis, so I recommend drinking your coffee 1 hr before cardio.

How long do I stay on the Bulking cycle?

Hey guys, all of this advice just keeps me going.

I am certain that my body will react in a very positive way when I start working out and consuming the appropriate food. Besides, cardio 45 min. a day: 5 days a week, will most definetly make me look and feel like a new guy in itself. Let alone the good food I will be eatting and the weights that I wilol be lifting.

I will work out and do this stuff for 6 months, and at that time, despite how I may look, and even though it may be way too soon, I will post my pictures from 10 days ago, and the pictures 6 months later. At that point, I will be ready to ask for your opinion on what worked and/or didn't work, and for advice on how to move to the next level.

BTY - If I seriously do all of the above? how long do I stay on the bulking cycle?

Dutch

6_pak is offline Associate Member
    Thats a personal preference, but you need to build quality muscle, and that takes time, especially for a biginner. Stick with it and if you see your bf rising, just cut back on the carbs a little.

BigGenes is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoFetch
    Hey guys, all of this advice just keeps me going.

I am certain that my body will react in a very positive way when I start working out and consuming the appropriate food. Besides, cardio 45 min. a day: 5 days a week, will most definetly make me look and feel like a new guy in itself. Let alone the good food I will be eatting and the weights that I wilol be lifting.

I will work out and do this stuff for 6 months, and at that time, despite how I may look, and even though it may be way too soon, I will post my pictures from 10 days ago, and the pictures 6 months later. At that point, I will be ready to ask for your opinion on what worked and/or didn't work, and for advice on how to move to the next level.

BTY - If I seriously do all of the above? how long do I stay on the bulking cycle?

Dutch
    IMO your not ready for a cycle. Juice is not a new pair of legs but more of a cruch. Build a base and trim up, then if you think you need jucie to make it to the next level then and only then do it. IMO juiceing is not for everyone. People cut up and build up naturally all the time. Good luck my friend

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Sounds like you want to gain alot of muscle and get rid of your BF correct? It is one or the other my friend, if i were you i would follow the building lean muscle stickie. You will gain more BF when bulking which is natural but cardio will keep that to a minimum.

I think it is great you are making this change, it is never to late and you know that. I don't care what anyone says, like said above, there are men in thier 50s & 60s still lifting like crazy.

Good luck!

That's exactly what I want

Your words describe my golals. Yes, I want to get read of the bf, but, I do want to add a lot of lean body muscle and thus, weight.

Can't wait man.....

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Start researching, get a basic diet going and post it here so we can tweak it for you.

Cardio 5-7 days a week at 65%-75% of your max Heart Rate is key...

220 - age x .75% = target HR

statuZ is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GoFetch
    However, I refuse to think that I am ****ed and that even though I now understand the importance of keeping a healthy diet and working out, there is no hope of acquiring the best body that i am able to get, given my age, my lack of previous work outs and my excessive body fat.

I am 5'8", 161 and have a 24% body fat. My body fat is almost non-excistent on my legs and it is consentrated on my gut, my bitch tits which I cannot beleive I have accepted as a part of me for so long and are a result of fat and lack of excercise and not the consuption of AAR's, fat is also found in my arms and some on my back.

Having lived this way for 44 years, I am not sure how it happen that all of a suden I became aware of how terrible this was for my health as well as for my self esteem. Now that I am working towards a drastic change, I have become fairly depressed and I must do something on a daily basis to feel that I am activley changing myself at every moment of the day and night. Thus, changing my depession for a pump as a result of knowing that I empowered myself to change.

I am a fairly compulsive person so I think that once I have a plan, I will follow it religiously. However, given that I am new at this, I need help. After readding this threads, I have bought Protein Whey from ARR as well as vitamin b6, creatine, Glucosamine and chondrotin and i have arrived to the conclusion that even though i am discusted with my gut, and with my body fat, I must bulk up, before I can even think of going through a "cutting face", which is the opposite of what I would have done.

Based on a test I had at my gym, out of the 160 pounds I weight, 128 are LBM and 32 are body fat and in order for me to add mass I have been told that I need to consume:
    2542 calories
    250 gms of protein and
    10gms of Glutamine.

Daily Carb intake: 3 times a day (first 3 meals)
    Target heart rate of 115.7 - 124.6 - Cardio 5 times a week,
    first thing in the AM, before any food intake (does this mean no coffee nor protein shake either) How bad is a cup of coffee with a teaspoon of fat free coffee mate powder before my Cardio, I want to do the Cardio Mon - Fri @ 6:00 AM

Also, although this "is" a diet forum, I have had conflicting advice on the frequency of my lifting weights. While most folks at my gym agree that I should do 45 min of Cardio 5 days a week, some advice a 3 day work out, i.e. monday wednesday and friday, while others are telling me 6 days a week.

What do you guys recommend? Please do not patronize me, i waited on the sidelines for 44 years, now it is my turn to be a man. please tell me an agressive answrer as I am determined to work as a F****ng dog to achieve my goals. However, I want to work smart, not just hard.

Now..... in order for me to start my new life, I would very much appreciate your reassurance that my info is correct and that if there are changes to be made, you bros let me know. Today is Saturday November 20th, I want to start with my new diet on Monday November 22nd. Would you please give me any ideas as to how that diet may look like? I have read the UNofficial Bulking up primer by LeanMeOut and Rambo as well as Muscle Mass diet by XXL.

And bty, if any of you are tempted to ask, well....what are your goals....my goals are to acquire the very, very best body I can, while being realistic of genetics, age and lack of former training. One way or another, my body will end up being better than the one I had when I was 22....that's for sure ****ing exciting. And as soon as I am ready to juice myself up, I will follow the example of the guys in the After 30's forum.

Also, after discussing my goals with my doctor, he has agreed to prescrive 350 of testesteron every week, would this help me?

Thanks bros.

Dutch
    P/S as far as supplements, I have been told that at this stage, the only smart stuff to do is Clen, Ephedra and M1T, Do you agree and if so, when and how should I use this stuff?
    first of all this is my first lesson i have ever learned, take peoples word on here over any personal trainer you have or will meet (99% true), this advice is invaulable, i would stillb e stuck at 160 if it wasnt for this board, now im sitting at 200 and same bf. and second of all you should get yout rianing routine and diet in check first before you think about the juice!

hey: MuriloNinja and StatuZ - Thanks Guys

I been working with a Guru-Friend on developing a basic work-out and diet rutine and will post it tomorrow.

The more severly you "Flame this stuff on my behalf" the quicker I will be able to join you on the side of the folks already doing something for themselves.

At the moment, I get turned on every time that i am on my way to the gym.

Talk with you guys tomorrow.

dutch

Thread Information