1-Cent is offline Anabolic Member

How much do you spend on Protein?

Just wired another $220 (CDN $) for 24lbs of whey isolate, pretty upsetting moment lol. Should last me 2 months if I'm extremely lucky, probably a few days short of 2 months, so roughly $110 /month. 12lbs of protein every month seems like a **** lot to me hah. Does everyone else go thru this much? I use 3 full servings per day, one when I wake up, one in the afternoon and one at night.

Better deal than I was getting though, used to pay up to $140 /month until I found this privately owned place here in town so I'm saving myself 60+ bucks now... still seems like alot of dough on top of real food and AAS, not a cheap sport thats for sure!

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    about $120 a month right now

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Nothing.

~SC~

6_pak is offline Associate Member
    Buying bulk seems economical in the long run. But for some of us on a limited budget, that may not be the best route. I too get in 3 shakes a day on top of 4 real meals a day. I buy 10lbs at a time. Optimum Nutrition sells their 10lb bags for $40 or $45 plus shipping, thats about $50 all together. Its not the best tasting protein but who gives a sh*t. We're in it for the muscle not the taste. With the food i eat a lot of tuna=54 cents a can, 34 grams of protein. Eat 3 a day. In order to get big you have to eat big and that takes money. Sacrifices that we endure to reach our goals!!!!

100%NATURAL-theGH is offline Senior Member
    AllSPortsNutrition.com I use Optimum Nutrition protein myself and I think that it tastes pretty good in comparison to some other things I have tried... its roughly $45 shipped from them and you can get 2 bags for $95 shipped... that would be about enough for 2 months for you... maybe a little short... but you would still be saving a ton of money..

imann is offline Member
    My training partner works at GNC, so we get the hook-up on all the GNC brand products. I pay about 22$ for a 6lb tub of GNC whey...lasts me about 3 weeks or so.It is one of the best tasting whey proteins I have used(but i do mix it with 2% milk).

mitch911 is offline Member
    150 bucks for 22lb whey isolate from an online website

Boost n Juice is offline Associate Member
    I got 50lbs of whey shipped for about $140 on ebay.com...

I only have two shakes a day, real food for me...

BassMuscle is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boost n Juice
    I only have two shakes a day, real food for me...
    I agree, real food is the way to go.

BassMuscle

LAGMuXle is offline Member
    I just stumbled across 12 boxes of Protoplex (20 packets each) for a dollar a piece at my local Vitamin World... they cause some horrible gas, but for a buck a box ... I didn't think I could go wrong.

I go through 3 shakes a day normally... so that would figure out to around 100 a month or more.

MuX

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Downing my PWO as i write this. I also use the 10lb bags of ON Whey from allsportnutrition.com

I would say $50 a month....and lots of tuna! Of course this does not include my Dex, chicken, steak, greens, eggs, cottage cheese (fat free) and my ECA stack.

Thread Information