El Bombastico is offline New Member

Anyone want to help the super newb?

I have read the stickies and have been searching the forums. But I still need some specific answers to what I need. I am 25 years old, 6'2 - 194 pounds. I am not sure what my body fat %, but my main area is my belly. It's not THAT large, but it is noticeable without a shirt. I want to cut down with some lean muscle. I dont want a freakishly huge look, something similar to Ed Norton in American History X (maybe a bit more muscle and more cut - close to Pitt in fight club). I am considering doing the Atkins diet, because of my pot belly. I can eat 5 times a day. Here is my current program I am still working on:

45 minute brisk walk on an empty stomach (a couple pills of Hydroxycut before I do my walk)

Meal #1
    Muscle Milk

Meal #2
    Carne Asade Steak (8 oz)

Meal #3
    ????

Workout

Meal #4
    Chicken Breast (6 oz)
    Potato (1 medium sized)
    Some carrots

Meal #5
    Whey protein

M (Chest/Triceps)
    T (Biceps/Back)
    W (Shoulder/Legs)
    TH (Chest/Triceps)
    F (Biceps/Back)

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by El Bombastico
    I have read the stickies and have been searching the forums. But I still need some specific answers to what I need. I am 25 years old, 6'2 - 194 pounds. I am not sure what my body fat %, but my main area is my belly. It's not THAT large, but it is noticeable without a shirt. I want to cut down with some lean muscle. I dont want a freakishly huge look, something similar to Ed Norton in American History X (maybe a bit more muscle and more cut - close to Pitt in fight club). I am considering doing the Atkins diet, because of my pot belly. I can eat 5 times a day. Here is my current program I am still working on:

45 minute brisk walk on an empty stomach (a couple pills of Hydroxycut before I do my walk)

Meal #1
    Muscle Milk BETTER TO HAVE A PRO/CARB MEAL HERE, SOMETHING LIKE OATMEAL AND EGG WHITES, ETC.

Meal #2
    Carne Asade Steak (8 oz) STEAK IS FINE, I'D ADD A VEGGIE OF SOME SORT.

Meal #3
    ???? THIS SHOULD BE ANOTHER PRO/FAT MEAL. PICK YOUR POISON, SO TO SPEAK - TUNA W/ MAYO OR CHICKEN BREAST WITH A HANDFUL OF ALMONDS, ETC.

Workout

YOU NEED A PWO SHAKE AFTER YOUR WORKOUT.

Meal #4
    Chicken Breast (6 oz)
    Potato (1 medium sized)
    Some carrots THIS IS FINE, THOUGH I'D REPLACE THE CARROTS WITH A LESS STARCHY-VEGETABLE - SOMETHING LIKE BROCCOLI OR SPINACH.

Meal #5
    Whey protein ADD SOME FLAX OR NATURAL PB TO THIS.

M (Chest/Triceps)
    T (Biceps/Back)
    W (Shoulder/Legs)
    TH (Chest/Triceps)
    F (Biceps/Back)
    REPLIES IN CAPS ABOVE.

Beyond that: I'd re-read the "cutting sticky" -- you'll get better results if you follow closely to that.

Also, are you doing any cardio? I'd say it's a must, especially in getting rid of that belly fat.

And i wouldn't recommend hitting each muscle group twice a week like you have split.

Oh yea, and you say you "can eat 5 meals" -- make yourself eat 6-7. You'll see better results. Eat frequently, every 3 hours or so, with the exception of PWO shake which is right after your workout and the PPWO meal - which is one hour after the shake.

Boost n Juice is offline Associate Member
    Also, is the Hydroxycut the old Ephreda formula? If it's not, replace it with an ECA stack, search for ECA for more info. The new formula is slightly better than nothing, but unless your getting it for free, it's a waste of money.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    cb25 looks like he's got it covered...
    regarding veggies, make sure to eat fibrous ones, like broccolli..., not carrots, peas etc..

sammycasper is offline Junior Member

Body Fat %

If you want to know your BF% go to the site below. I know its not the most accurate way to calculate BF but its better than not knowing anything. And once you have your BF you can find your leanmass and then you'll know how much more or less protein/carbs your body needs to cut-up.

http://www.linear-software.com/online.html

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    Agree with cb25. You'll lose muscle on this diet due to insufficient/infrequent protein and your workout schedule needs to be modified as stated above.

El Bombastico is offline New Member
    Thanks for all the input everyone. I can eat 5 meals because to be honest I just dont have the time nor the discipline to keep it at 6+. As for the cardio, I do a 45 minute walk with 3 5 minute runs in between (in intervals). I then do about 4 sets of 50 crunches.

The Hydroxycut I have is the new Ephedra free formula. I would use the older stuff but I read and hear bad things. I will change up the carrots to brocolii and put the carots with the steak. I have alot of muscle milk to use up, so I gotta squeeze it in somewhere As for the #3 meal, pro/fat, I am looking to get something quick and easy to make. As for the workout, what is exactly wrong... is it not enough time to rest?

Thanks again for all the input.

Thread Information