GoFetch is offline New Member

This is my new diet. Flame away bros!

I been dicking around asking questions and gathering info. A Guru-Friend of mine is helping me with this Diet and work out. Flame away guys and remember that i am on the compulsive side. So.....the more you flame, the better i get.

I started "some" today, i will follow up with everything here tomorrow starting with spin class at 6;00 AM on an empty stomach.

I am 44
    Never worked out before
    I am self employed, i.e. work at my own pase, fairly sedentary
    Per the head trainer at Gold's:
    My weight is 160, Fat 42 pounds, the rest is Lean Body Mass
    My body fat is 25.4% (ouch)

W O R K O U T

Monday (chest)
    Reg bench-4 sets of 8 Heavy
    Inlcine bench-3 sets of 10 Heavy
    Decline banch-3 sets of 10 Heavy
    Flys-3 sets of 8(Light work on form and burn)
    Cables-3 sets of 10-12
    For your first week do a burn out set of bench at hte end of this workout. Only for the first week, just to get all the soreness out within this week. That will make your furture workouts much easier and this first week killer, but pull though it my friend.

Tues Legs
    Lounges-3 sets of 10 each leg, not heavy! keep your back straight!
    Squats(or leg press)-4 sets of 8(careful, don't go to heavy)
    Knee exten(machine)-3 sets of 10(form)
    Legs curls(machine)-3 sets of 10(form)
    Calf raises(use the machine)-3 sets of burn out, go heavy and hard!

Wensday Back/shoulders
    Back machine-3 sets of 10, work on form
    Law mower pulls-3 sets of 10
    Lat pull downs-3 sets of 10
    Shoulder shrugs- 3 sets of 10
    Stiff arms-3 sets of 10(you take 2 DB, one in each hand, keep your elbows straight and elivate your hands to the same hight as your shoulders. THis is a shoulder excersize)

Thurs(off day

Friday Bis and tris
    I love this day
    Reg DB curls-3 sets of 10 work on form and go slow!
    Hammer curls-3 sets of 10 Same as above
    Preacher Curls- same as above(use curls bar or DB)
    Cable curls-3 sets of 10(Lock both sides of the cables at the bottom, grab a handle with each hand, stand up straight and keep your elbows flared out a little away from your body. Focus on keeping your elbows locked in the same position and curl)
    Skull crushers-3 sets of 10
    Over the head hammers-3 sets of 10
    Cables-3 sets of 10(take one cable and lock the rope grip onto it. Either stand up straight and go straight down and turn around and do throws)
    Tri machine-3 sets of 10

D I E T:

Meal 1:6egg whites 1 cup oatmeal 20g protein
    Meal 2:8 oz chicken breast
    Meal 3:1.5cans tuna 2 tablespoon low fat mayo salad
    Meal 4:8oz ground turkey
    Meal 5:40g protein, 2 tablespoon natty peanut butter
    Workout time
    Meal 6:PWO 40g Protein/80g dextrose
    Meal 7:PPWO 8oz chicken 1 cup whole grain pasta

The protien is a little low, but we thought that given my age and past workout expereince, it was a good start. However, I want the very best effort from us on this diet. what do you guys think?

Also this is just a plain diet that will do the trick. We will be breaking everything down this weekend. i.e. cal, pro, carbs, fats for each meal. I will also lay out a decent cheat day for you. This will work great for now, friday night I will work on something more specific. and depending on your imput, make amendments.

i guess no more Felling down or depressed here bros!

cb25 is offline Banned
    The diet actually looks very good...i'm somewhat suprised because you said it was a trainer's recommendation -- sounds like you actually have one that knows what they're doing.

Only thing i could think is to add some vegetables - things like broccoli, spinach, asparagus, etc in a few of the meals. Avoid starchy veggies like corn, peas and carrots, since they contain more carbs than you'll want.

Other than that...diet looks great.

cb25 is offline Banned
    oh yea, and personally...i'd use full fat mayo. i'm sure there's some debate...but full fat mayo won't hurt you at all.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Meal 2 and 4 need a healthy fat added to them....... try almonds or flax seed oil.

Low Fat Mayo = Sugar...... use full fat mayo. Other than that, your diet looks solid. You have yourself a good trainer.

Hey --cb 25 and Lean Me Out--

Well, since i am starting tomorrow, I feel awesome to know that our blue print does NOT scream big errors, etc.

Even if we had to tweak stuff....here and there, for now, this is a go.

As far as the trainer goes....yeah, he is the 'Guru" man

Hey --cb 25 and Lean Me Out--

Well, since i am starting tomorrow, I feel awesome to know that our blue print does NOT scream big errors, etc.

Even if we had to tweak stuff....here and there, for now, this is a go.

As far as the trainer goes....yeah, he is a 'Guru" man...and he looks like if he knows what he needs to know to lok like e does

Boost n Juice is offline Associate Member
    The others summed up the diet. Your workout is good. My concern is the spin class. Every spin class is different, however usually there's a variable in effort. I've heard of some that give a one minute break every 10 mintues! Spinning well be helpful to reaching your goals, however keeping your heart steady in the fat burning zone, will help you reach your goals quicker. To get in the fat burning zone (if you already didn't know) you need a heart rate monitor and to get your target heart rate 220-age (if your 44, it's 176) and then keep your heart rate 55%-70% (96-123.3).

Hey Boost n Juice. Yes, you are right, being the control freak I am

Your recomendation suits me perfect.

In that way, i will know exactly what my heart rate was, etc.

This spinning class at gold's is brutal though.

Dutch

Quote Originally Posted by GoFetch
    This spinning class at gold's is brutal though.
    Brutal isn't good when you want to lose fat, bro. When your heart rate goes above that "fat burning zone" , you will use more and more muscle as fuel...

BigGenes is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cb25
    The diet actually looks very good...i'm somewhat suprised because you said it was a trainer's recommendation -- sounds like you actually have one that knows what they're doing.
    Thank you.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    IN CAPS!

D I E T:

Meal 1:6egg whites 1 cup oatmeal 20g protein

THIS LOOKS OK, YOU CAN MAKE THIS A PRO/FAT MEAL AS WELL.

Meal 2:8 oz chicken breast

ADD SOME FLAX (EFA's)

Meal 3:1.5cans tuna 2 tablespoon low fat mayo salad

ADD SOME FULL FAT MAYO INSTEAD

Meal 4:8oz ground turkey

ADD AN EFA HERE AS WELL! 2 TBSPS NATTY PB SOUNDS GOOD HERE(TO ME AT LEAST)

Meal 5: 40g protein, 2 tablespoon natty peanut butter

OK!

Workout time

Meal 6: PWO 40g Protein/80g dextrose

AWESOME!

Meal 7: PPWO 8oz chicken 1 cup whole grain pasta

I WOULD TAKE AWAY WHOLE GRAIN PASTA AND ADD SOME BROWN RICE! ALSO SOME TYPE OF GREENS, EX: GREEN BEANS, MUSTARD GREENS

WHERE IS YOUR MEAL BEFORE BED? YOU CAN HAVE A SHAKE W/ FLAX?
    I think overall this is one hell of a start bro...you will know this like the back of your hand in two weeks time. You will tweak it as time goes by, just remember it is best to switch up your EFA's. Flax one meal, maybe almonds the next, natty pb another etc...kinda keeps it fresh.

Workout looks solid and again you will tweak that as you go.

Now go kick some ass!
    Last edited by Panzerfaust; 11-24-2004 at 06:51 PM.

Also forgot to mention, you better watch your HR during this spinning class. Does not sound like a good idea for what you are trying to accomplish IMO. This class will more than likely push you well over your target HR. (65%-75%).

If you wish to take it though, drop some glutamine to help save some hard earned muscle.

Good luck!

ok guys, By popular demand....No More spin Class:

at least, not for now.

went to nike town and got myself a hr monitor that is so complex, the only thing it doesn't do is the cardio itself

Also, today was my first day of the diet.....6 cans of tuna in one meal......I know i will get used to it, but, right now i feel like barfing, that's more food I ever had in an entire day......

Il keep you all posted guys.

dutch

6_pak is offline Associate Member
    Your eating 6 cans of tuna in one meal?????????? With each serving you get 13 grams of protein and each can has 2 and a half servings. Thats 32 grams a protein per can. Your eating 6 cans?? Thats 192 grams of protein in one meal?????????? I hope that is a misprint and that your not really taking in that much, man.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    No comment on that one!

~SC~

I'm glad we cleared that one up....I was barfing.....

the diet reads 1.5 can of tuna.

I read it as 5 cans of tuna.....lol -

I was wondering how I would ever get through this ****ing diet.

live and learn, I am not going to take my errors personally, I will only do so if I repeat them.

Thanks guys

6 cans of tuna? Geebus man....get a spell checker asap.

It will not happen again......mistakes? yes! But....lol, not that one bro

I hope my trainer doesn't see this one!

BigGenes is offline Member
    I hope my trainer doesn't see this one!
    Please don't tell me you ate 6 cans of tuna!!!!!???!! Jesus man! lol Its cool lets just call that your dumb day and forget it happened. The guys are right though. Once you get going you will tweek the diet and change it up. You will learn as you go on. Thats why I gave you all the details of your diet, total cal, pro, carbs, how and when to eat them ect. So don't worry about that one screw up. Its cool. I still can't believe you ate 6 cans of tuna though. lol Please read carefully next time.

Manson is offline Junior Member
    LOL
    That made my day bro.....

**** ya all.....l o l

i was just so ****ing enthusiastic, I would have jumped off the bridge if it said so....which is admirable!

Angry So, HOW in the fu*k Did i become MY worst ENEMY:

Regarding making changes in ones life style etc.

Someone here wrote something like.....Ones desire to change has got to be STRONGER than ones desire to stay the same.

So, armed with the knowledge that I was done with my way of looking and feeling, i thought, THAT's me! Therefore, if i work hard, I will be able to change!

Well, i been trying to follow my new diet and work out rutine for two weeks and it has been extremelly hard, and to make it all worst, It's all a mind fuc*king game I am playing with myself, which makes me feel defeated!

The workout has been aq breeze, but the diet........a huge challenge. first of all, eatting the amounts that i have been eatting makes me barff, but that's nothing, the problem has been......breaking the fu**ing diet. I am a Chef, so....it's been particularly hard nOT to eat sweets, etc. However, I been getting up in the middle of the night and benching out on crap!

The worst part is this.....say that during the day I ran the extra mil;e, etc and felt real good about myself, if at night i wake up and ate the friking pastry in the kitchen counter, well....all that sacrifice and good work during the day is now meanningless. tHe first week, i did well and went from 160 to 167 pounds, I was very stonned, but I thought....well since i am trying to bulk up, fu*k....good you know, than my cheatting began, and it has been hard to put a stop to it.

All in all, i am right now, the number one obstacle between my new me and my me from all the time! Sorry guys, i have no question here for you: I am just pissed off at myself and I know what the answers are.

Dutch
    Last edited by GoFetch; 12-07-2004 at 01:21 AM.

Someone here wrote something like.....Ones desire to change has got to be STRONGER than ones desire to stay the same.

So, armed with the knowledge that I was done with my way of looking and feeling, i thought, THAT's me! Therefore, if i work hard, I will be able to change!

Well, i been trying to follow my new diet and work out rutine for two weeks and it has been extremelly hard, and to make it all worst, It's all a mind fuc*king game I am playing with myself, which makes me feel defeated!

The workout has been aq breeze, but the diet........a huge challenge. first of all, eatting the amounts that i have been eatting makes me barff, but that's nothing, the problem has been......breaking the fu**ing diet. I am a Chef, so....it's been particularly hard nOT to eat sweets, etc. However, I been getting up in the middle of the night and benching out on crap!

The worst part is this.....say that during the day I ran the extra mil;e, etc and felt real good about myself, if at night i wake up and ate the friking pastry in the kitchen counter, well....all that sacrifice and good work during the day is now meanningless. tHe first week, i did well and went from 160 to 167 pounds, I was very stonned, but I thought....well since i am trying to bulk up, fu*k....good you know, than my cheatting began, and it has been hard to put a stop to it.

All in all, i am right now, the number one obstacle between my new me and my me from all the time! Sorry guys, i have no question here for you: I am just pissed off at myself and I know what the answers are.

Dutch
    Just do it...

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame

That would be me.

~SC~

ot009 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    No comment on that one!

~SC~
    that is all you need...just read some of the "fitness gurues" postests and you will learn!!!!!!!!

6_pak is offline Associate Member

Dutch
    Stay with it -- Dont give up. If you have an urge after 2 or 3 days, satisfy it in one cheat meal. That may prevent your late nite binges. You've only been at this for a short time. Have you ever had to quit an addictive habit? Its hard if not impossible to quit cold turkey. The trick is from week to week,cut back. If you cant go but 2 days w/o cheating and you binge out at nite, satisfy the urge, in a moderate amount, in one meal. Also i've found drinking diet sodas when i do get an urge helps fight it. Sooner or later, you'll be at the point where you dont have any urges at all. And cheatiing, if done at all, is looked at as an award, instead of a necessity.
    Reforming your body takes alot of time, patience and consistancy, so stick with it.

Quote Originally Posted by 6_pak
    you'll be at the point where you dont have any urges at all.
    I haven't got to that point yet! D@mn all the alcohol and the late night dominos pizza habit I picked up at college...

Thread Information