Justarting is offline Associate Member

Isnt it actually WEIRD im not getting leaner?

Alrigh tso heres the thing, I've been trying to get ripped for like 8 months at least, with no luck whatsoever, maybe because i was on some sus that caused a ton of bloating... But i can say i followed the diet given to me here like a RELIGION, however, i was unable to lose fat in anyway, in fact my weight didn't even change AT all, despite being on sustanon (Testosterones naturally tendency is to gain weight)

Now heres the cycle im on right now, i've scrapped the diet because it did JACK****, and left me kinda craving food all the time. My new diet, doesn't have any set amounts of it, i just eat the following and only the following foods as i choose...

Lean proteins- egg whites, chicken breasts, whey shakes and tuna
    Carbs- Quaker Oats(heres where i might be ****ing up or something? I have the kind that you buy in the huge bag, but its the quick rolled ,kind, i put it on the stove and then add some SPLENDA for taste)
    - Salad(fat free, low cal ranch dress... about 20 cals, dont even say thats the problem cuz i only eat one of these usually a day, and 20 calories doesn't make or break a diet)
    -PWO- 30 grams of dex, and 60 grams whey

The reason i like doing it like this with no set eating times is because i have no set tiime in which i work out or wake up at, and im usually most hungry after i workout, so i feed the need with having some oats and a lot of lean protein. If i were on a "diet" so to speak, i would have to only eat the specified amounts for that time, and it usually isn't enough. Regardless, onto the drugs im taking right now... and this is what really puzzles me. EQ-450mg per week, test prop-75 mg per day, and tren ace-75 mg per day. IM NOT LEANING OUT AT ALL! sure ill gain SOME weight, about 1-2 per week, and size on my measurements, but the fact that my bf % isn't chaing when i do that suggests to me that im actually gainiong lean muscl AND FAT. This is so puzzling as i dont see any trouble foods in my diet, and keep in mind im only 22, i shoulnd't have the metabolism of a 50 year old.
    I just for curiosity sake measured how many cals i actually consume on any given day, and its usually around 2100 or so, and i weigh 185 pounds, this compltely baffles me.
    Also whast even more puzzling is that I do moderate intesity cardio(70% max) on an empty stomach first thing in morning for 35 minutes 5 X per week and weight an hour before i eat my morning can of tuna(no carbs)
    ANy thoughts?
    Last edited by Justarting; 11-25-2004 at 11:53 PM.

LaRoche is offline Junior Member
    I would up the cardio. I only start to break a sweat in the first 20 minutes, so 35 minutes isn't long enough for me. I've increased my cardio lately to 50 - 60 minutes while keeping everything else constant and I'm noticing a difference.
    Quote: "no set eating times is because i have no set tiime in which i work out or wake up at".
    I see this as a problem too. Timing is very important. I would learn more about timing your meals, workouts and cardio to best suit your work schedule & lifestyle. Be consistent with this new routine. Do this over a few months and then you can more accurately gage your progress. From there you can make adjustments and continue the tweaking / experimentation process to achieve your goals.
    You seem to be quite dedicated, so keep it up.

I think you may have taken it the wrong way, what i mean is, i dont have a formally written out diet, as in say 9:00 am, get up and eat blah blah blah. This in no way means i dont follow rules of dieting, ie. eating 6 times per day, making sure to get a lot of protein at least every 3 hours, etc. I do all of these already, its just that i dont look at the clock and say to myself, okay its 3pm, i HAVE to eat one salad and one chicken breast, its more that i eat a large protein source every 3 hrs or so (around 50 grams), and then when im trying to reduce hunger during the day ill have some more protein and/or some carbs.

As for the EFA's question, I dont really think thats the case, as when I prepare my chicken breasts, i cook them in flax oil and then a small amount of vegetables in that flax as well.

Any other ideas? Just to help this would be a typical day for me(yesterday), i dont like being "confined" to this plan tho with set times, its just what i actually ate.

Cardio
    10am Can of tuna

1pm-Coffe with splenda

2pm- 2 chicken breasts, large cup of oatmeal

5pm- Post workout shake,

6pm- Large cup of oatmeal, chicken breast

8pm- Egg white omellete, with chicken inside, salsa, and onions

11pm- 30gram Whey shake.

Also, my goal with this cycle, ishould have mentioned is no longer to get cut byu losing fat, but to get cut by gaining LEAN muscle(increased lean muscle amount, and same fat amount= Lower percentage of body fat). So far it hasn't been the case and ill be ****ed if i know why.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    You've no fats anywhere to be found.

That's a HUGE reason.

Fats are a key to test/hormones/etc.

~SC~

well, should i just add a tablespoon of flax at night then u think with my whey?

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    There are many flaws i see here. Like said before, you have no EFA's anywhere.

Cardio

10am Can of tuna ADD EFA HERE W/ FULL FAT MAYO

1pm-Coffe with splenda DONT UNDERSTAND THIS ONE AT ALL, WHERE IS THE PROTEIN?

2pm- 2 chicken breasts, large cup of oatmeal I WOULD SCRAP THE OATMEAL AND MAKE THIS A PRO/FAT MEAL

5pm- Post workout shake. I NOTICED YOU SAID 30g DEX & 60g WHEY, THIS IS ASS BACKWARD, KEEP IT 2:1 (40pro-80g Dex)

6pm- Large cup of oatmeal, chicken breastSCRAP THE OATS AND ADD SOME BROWN RICE AND SOME GREENS

8pm- Egg white omellete, with chicken inside, salsa, and onions BAFFLED BY THIS ONE

11pm- 30gram Whey shake. SHOULD BE AN EFA HERE AS WELL

I would also recommend you stay away from gear, you need to get your diet down to a "T" before you even think about gear.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Also, what do you expect to achieve by doing cardio for 35 minutes?

Should be around 50m-1 hour at target HR.

Boost n Juice is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Justarting
    I've been trying to get ripped for like 8 months at least, with no luck whatsoever...But i can say i followed the diet given to me here like a RELIGION, however, i was unable to lose fat in anyway

I just for curiosity sake measured how many cals i actually consume on any given day, and its usually around 2100 or so, and i weigh 185 pounds.
    Bro, I wish I could be more respectful, but I have to call BS on you...No change in BF at 8 months with an intake of 2100 cals/day at a weight og 185lbs? If that's true, which I don't think is, you should give up cutting altogether and just start bulking...

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    well, should i just add a tablespoon of flax at night then u think with my whey?

~SC~

Did you pay any attention to my post at all? Like the line where i said I dont follow a set meal plan? Also, did i ever once say that the coffee was a meal? I said this is WHAT I ATE. Lol your "baffled" by the 60 grams of protein, 0grams saturated fat, and 10 grams of fibrous vegetables in my egg white omelette... smart guy you must be? Would u prefer me to have a big mac with a large fry and coke?

And yeah, i know what you mean tho about finding it hard to beleive, but yeah seriously i honestly was questioning, am i getting more cals than i think or soemthing? Like are the oats bad for me? I dont even know, but ill give it some more time

Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    There are many flaws i see here. Like said before, you have no EFA's anywhere.

Cardio

10am Can of tuna ADD EFA HERE W/ FULL FAT MAYO

1pm-Coffe with splenda DONT UNDERSTAND THIS ONE AT ALL, WHERE IS THE PROTEIN?

2pm- 2 chicken breasts, large cup of oatmeal I WOULD SCRAP THE OATMEAL AND MAKE THIS A PRO/FAT MEAL

5pm- Post workout shake. I NOTICED YOU SAID 30g DEX & 60g WHEY, THIS IS ASS BACKWARD, KEEP IT 2:1 (40pro-80g Dex)

6pm- Large cup of oatmeal, chicken breastSCRAP THE OATS AND ADD SOME BROWN RICE AND SOME GREENS

8pm- Egg white omellete, with chicken inside, salsa, and onions BAFFLED BY THIS ONE

11pm- 30gram Whey shake. SHOULD BE AN EFA HERE AS WELL

I would also recommend you stay away from gear, you need to get your diet down to a "T" before you even think about gear.
    Last edited by Justarting; 11-26-2004 at 06:31 PM.

For cardio, i notice some of you "question" this, but rather than dispute with you over which is better, HIIT, or low intensity i implement both. Hiit for 10 min gets my heart up to its 75 percent, and then for 25 min at that rate, i do low intesity.

Thread Information