needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member

alcohol question

Me and the local health food store owner were having a discussion today. What is the most healthy drink.. Hahah I know that beer is not it.. I was saying Vodka and orange juice or rye and gingerale?
    thanx yall

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    Gotta be red wine. Its good for the blood or some crap like that.

Boost n Juice is offline Associate Member
    Alcohol itself is bad...Lowers test...Really depends on what you mean by heathly...

Between beer, red wine and vodka, beer is the worst because of sugar and carbs...Most vodkas contain 0 carbs and 0 sugar...Red wine contains nutrients from the grapes, but has carbs and sugar...Basically, Red Wine has more good things and bad things vs. vodka...A shot of vodka will usually contain 90-150 calories, red wine calorie count will vary greatly between brands, but one glass is usually the same calorie count as a shot of vodka...IMO, if your going to drink, go for vodka, but like I said, all alcohol is bad (UNhealthy)...

niXon)( is offline Member
    bacardi and diet coke.

btw if you're on cycle the alcohol affecting your test would be like comparing apples and oranges...its still not good for you at all, but dont' worry about it affecting your test lvls.

Boost n Juice is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by niXon)(
    bacardi and diet coke.

btw if you're on cycle the alcohol affecting your test would be like comparing apples and oranges...its still not good for you at all, but dont' worry about it affecting your test lvls.
    I understand that you say apples to oranges and that it's not good for you at all, but I disagree with you about the test levels, on or off cycles...Even if on a cycle, your test. production will lower GREATLY with an alcohol intake...

If anyone disagrees with me, SEARCH these boards for ALCOHOL before posting...

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey... I agree alcohol does effect test and estrogen levels. i am currently cutting so just wondered what was the best if I had a couple drinks this weekend. Guess it will be rum or vodka or wine? meh Just do an extra cardio day I suppose lol

smegs is offline Member
    bacardi white (white rum has lower sugars than dark rum)...if you cant drink it strait add a diet coke

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I usually drink vodka if i am going to drink. I also do this on my cheat day and no other time do i consume alcohol.

Alcohol does nothing for us in terms of our goals, i look at it as part of my cheat.

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boost n Juice
    I understand that you say apples to oranges and that it's not good for you at all, but I disagree with you about the test levels, on or off cycles...Even if on a cycle, your test. production will lower GREATLY with an alcohol intake...

If anyone disagrees with me, SEARCH these boards for ALCOHOL before posting...
    The ingredient alcohol doesn't lower test. Its the ingredient HOPS in beer that lowers test. Nothing in liquor lowers test. I would go with bacardi and diet coke.

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Quote Originally Posted by sooners04
    The ingredient alcohol doesn't lower test. Its the ingredient HOPS in beer that lowers test. Nothing in liquor lowers test. I would go with bacardi and diet coke.
    Didnt know that

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Alcohol does lower test production. And the only choice would be red wine one glass per day. All others including clear alcohols convert to sugar period.

niXon)( is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    Alcohol does lower test production. And the only choice would be red wine one glass per day. All others including clear alcohols convert to sugar period.
    with that said, sounds like you're saying sugar lowers test lvls?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Sugar does not lower test levels, however alcohol at 7kcals per gram indeed does.

~SC~

6_pak is offline Associate Member
    vodka by itself is probably healthier of the choices. Unless your an alcoholic, usually you'll mix it with a fruit drink, especially at a restaurant or club, and most of the time, you just dont stop at one. The sugars add up, not to mention the overall calories that dont benefit you at all, and presto, you have an insulin spike that will last alllll nite. Coupled with late nite at the waffle house and you've pretty much blown a whole weeks worth of dieting. So if you have to drink, be a man, down the vodka straight!!!!

wildbill5252 is offline Associate Member
    id go with vodka and sugarfree red bull

Thread Information