kyjelly is offline Banned

My High Protein/Lean Muscle Diet!

This is a basic outline of what most of my days will look like. Also, I am 5'11'', 170 lbs.

MEAL 1 (8:30)
    -1 cup Egg Beaters
    -Bowl of Oatmeal
    -Fish oil pill

MEAL 2 (12:00)
    -Pro Complex shake
    -1/2 cup cottage cheese
    -Flaxseed Oil Pill

MEAL 3 (3:00)
    -Chicken breast
    -Veggie Shake

WORKOUT (4:45)

MEAL 4/PWO (7:00)
    -Cyto gainer Shake
    -flaxseed oil pill

MEAL 5 (9:00)
    -chicken breast
    -fish oil pill

MEAL 6/SLEEPY SNACK (10:00)
    -Peanuts
    -fish oil pill
    -multi-vitamin

TOTALS PER DAY ::::::PROTEIN 253g
    CARBS 122g
    FATS 39.5g
    Keep in mind, Im only 165-170 lbs, not 200 lbs lol...
    Last edited by kyjelly; 02-22-2006 at 07:01 PM.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    why no carbs afer workout and why is there fat added into your PWO ??

Haro3 is offline Anabolic Member
    theres 80 carbs in cyto gainer more than enough for pwo

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Your mixing carbs, protein and fat too much when using the Cyto gainer shake. No meal should have all three. Use your Cyto gainer (If you must) with pro/carb meals only.

hawktribal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneGRMI
    Your mixing carbs, protein and fat too much when using the Cyto gainer shake. No meal should have all three. Use your Cyto gainer (If you must) with pro/carb meals only.
    totally agreed... and like steve0 said too, you don't wanna mix fats with the 80g+ of carbs thats loaded into that cytogainer

What are ya'll talking about my PWO having fat? All it is, is the shake...which contains 56g protein, 80g complex carbs, and like 4g of fat. Isnt that what you want for PWO?

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Cause your taking flaxseed or fish oil with everything...those are EFA's (essential fatty acids)

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    guys, he is just having 1 fish oil capsule with each meal...which is only 1g of fat.

but ky (funny name BTW)...you need more fat in the diet. it makes it easier to get more fat if you have strictly pro/fat meals. maybe add some carbs (oats, brown rice, yams...etc) to meals 3 and 5 in order to make the most of them for your workouts. then make all your other meals lean protein and MORE fat (either more capsules, liquid flax, natural peanut butter, olive oil, etc).

so your saying I should eat some nice carbs before workout too, and then just like some peanut butter later on in the other meals....but balance it out....

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    yup!

i try to eat complex carbs before my workout(mhp up your mass)...and then cyto gainer after it...so far so good then its dinner which is pro/carb meal then its a shake with peanut oil or cashews it varies then its another protein shake before bed with some night time protein

oh by the way i use milk in every shake except post workout......thats just cyto gainer and water

Cool, thanks guys, ev1 has really been a big help for me here...

LAGMuXle is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kyjelly
    This is a basic outline of what most of my days will look like. Also, I am 5'11'', 170 lbs.

MEAL 1 (8:30)
    -1 cup Egg Beaters
    -Bowl of Oatmeal
    -Fish oil pill

Take out the fish oil pill, it is not neccesary here. For your "bowl of oatmeal" keep in mind the average 1/2 cup (measured dry) of oats is 27 grams of carbs.

MEAL 2 (12:00)
    -Pro Complex shake
    -1/2 cup cottage cheese
    -Flaxseed Oil Pill

I can't tell if this is a Pro/Fat or a Pro/Carb meal? Might help to decide. If it's a pro fat, check your carb count on your shake (make sure it's low) and up your flax oil to 1.5Tbsp. If it's a Pro/Carb, leave it like it is, and the oil pill isn't neccesary.

MEAL 3 (3:00)
    -Chicken breast
    -Veggie Shake

I'm guessing Pro/Fat - looks good, maybe cook your chicken with flax oil... just for some fats. This one should be a Pro/Carb so you have energy for your workout. That's up to you, it's personal preference really. I feel like I waste my day at the gym if I eat a Pro/Fat before lifting. Pro/Carb sets me up nicely.

Veggie shake? Hmm... sounds kind good... are you using Jack Lalane's fancy device for 17 payments of $49.95?

WORKOUT (4:45)

MEAL 4/PWO (7:00)
    -Cyto gainer Shake
    -flaxseed oil pill

Cyto gainer shake - a buddy of mine drinks two of these a day (bulking) and has gained 6lbs. They really help you get in the extra cals, using skim milk especially. Flax oil pill again... not neccesary really.

MEAL 5 (9:00)
    -chicken breast
    -fish oil pill

Make this a second Pro/Carb meal

MEAL 6/SLEEPY SNACK (10:00)
    -Peanuts
    -fish oil pill
    -multi-vitamin

I'm guessing about 1/4 cup peanuts, 1 fish oil pill, and your multi. Not a bad idea, if you think you need more protein have some whey as well.

TOTALS PER DAY ::::::PROTEIN 253g
    CARBS 122g
    FATS 39.5g
    Keep in mind, Im only 165-170 lbs, not 200 lbs lol...

Just thought I would run through and put some thoughts in for you. Keep moving forward, things look good.

The Oil Pills are going to be negligable towards your overall diet. They won't hurt you. It's really up to you if you want to keep them in there.

The main points here are:

1. Pro/Carb before lifting should be considered.
    2. Two Pro/Carb meals after lifting should be considered for replenishment.
    3. Set some realistic goals for yourself and check your progress once a week.
    4. Your meals are way too far apart in the morning. They need to be around 2.5 hours apart or so, I wouldn't go more than that. You want to keep your metabolism and a consistent rate. You also want to make sure that protein is available to your body as often as possible. Plus, eating that far apart for me causes me to get tired, and moody. Might want to arrange the meals more like this:

Meal 1: 8:30AM Pro/Carb
    Meal 2: 11:00AM Pro/Fat
    Meal 3: 1:30PM Pro/Fat
    Meal 4: 4:00PM Pro/Carb
    Lift @ 4:45
    Meal 5: Around 6PM PWO: Pro/Carb
    Meal 6: Around 8:00PM PPWO: Pro/Carb
    Meal 7: Before Bed Pro/Fat

Remember, this is all just suggestions, nothing I've said here is a MUST, but some of this may help.

Overall looks good.

If I made any mistakes point them out and I'll edit.

Good Luck,

LAGMuXle
    Last edited by LAGMuXle; 02-23-2006 at 09:00 AM.

lol, you found yours for only 17 easy payments?haha Well, i just kinda throw out my diet things, and being new at this, I just try to piece together something nice from what you all say basically. Right at the time, its hard for me to get my morning meals in close together, cuz of school, but im almost done. Im just gonna throw in some carbs in my MEAL 3, before workout, the cyto gainer has enough carbs for pwo...Ill put some olive oil into my pro complex shake and eat little peanut butter around MEAL 5.....so i get some more fats, more carbs for workout, and Im pretty good on the protein side....

Thanks again for the help/advice!

Thread Information