friday:high carb(back/biceps/traps)
    saturday:low carb (shoulders)
    sunday:no carb (cardio)

3 days no carb ,2 days low carb ,2 days high carb

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    How 'bout them Cowboys?

~SC~

6_pak is offline Associate Member
    i dont believe carb cycling should consist of going one day with carbs to the next w/o carbs. To carb cycle, for example, first day: 300g second day: 250 Third day: 200 fourth day: 150 fifth day: 250 sixth day:350
    I think the only time you need to completely cut carbs is if you compete, or you just want to lose alot in a short amount of time, which w/o aas your gonna lose some muscle. Even then i am a little hesitant to drop under 30-50 a day. With doing what you want to do you may have frequent insulin spikes which if not eating properly, could present some problems with fat gain. So keep that in mind if you are going to drastically drop carbs on 3 or 4 days of the week.

Militia is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 6_pak
    i dont believe carb cycling should consist of going one day with carbs to the next w/o carbs. To carb cycle, for example, first day: 300g second day: 250 Third day: 200 fourth day: 150 fifth day: 250 sixth day:350
    I think the only time you need to completely cut carbs is if you compete, or you just want to lose alot in a short amount of time, which w/o aas your gonna lose some muscle. Even then i am a little hesitant to drop under 30-50 a day. With doing what you want to do you may have frequent insulin spikes which if not eating properly, could present some problems with fat gain. So keep that in mind if you are going to drastically drop carbs on 3 or 4 days of the week.
    so in your opinion cutting the carb for a whole day then eating a lot of carbs in the second day will cause me to have frequent insuling spike,if so wouldnt the cyclical ketogenic diet wher u eat a lot of carbs at the end of the week be usless failure diet ?

6_pak is offline Associate Member
    The way i described carb cycling, works best for me. Why put yourself through days without carbs???? Even when cutting, i still cycle my carbs like this before i totally carb deplete. After carb loading for a day or two or three, you do start looking fuller. After competition you can pig out for several days, eating everything in sight and your body will be able to assimilate it, most of it anyway. Thats why you can gain 10-20lbs in 3 or 4 days easy. But mind you, this is a 1 week pre-contest diet. Dont see why anyone would do this if they werent competing. And also this diet only works if your bodyfat is low anyway. But feel free to try if you have the discipline.

Thread Information