Terinox is offline The One & Only

Improve Your Memory...

Feed your memory

Our memories are linked to what we eat—Find out what’s good for total recall

by Jane Doucet

One of the reasons our memories degenerate could have something to do with what we eat. The controversial relationship between diet and memory is an area that has been – and continues to be – under scientific study.

"There’s no magic bullet that we can take that will help our memories, but studies have shown that decreasing fat intake and increasing antioxidants and whole grains can improve memory," says Carol Greenwood, a research scientist at the Kunin-Lunenfeld Applied Research Unit at the Baycrest Centre for Geriatric Care and a professor of nutrition at the University of Toronto.

• Greenwood cites one study that showed that seniors who habitually consumed a low-fat, high-antioxidant diet had better memories than those who regularly ate foods that were high in fat and low in antioxidants.

• Seniors who typically ate high-carbohydrate foods — such as bread, grains and pasta — were also found to have improved memory.

• Antioxidant-rich fruits and vegetables – such as citrus fruits, strawberries, broccoli, peppers and spinach – also contain Vitamin C, which some experts believe enhances memory, too. Vitamin E, which is found in wheat germ and nuts, is thought to be beneficial as well.

What not to feed your memory
    Moderate your alcohol intake If your diet is poorly balanced, you drink every day and feel that your memory is slipping, the amount of alcohol you’re imbibing may be affecting your memory. Guidelines from the Heart and Stroke Foundation recommend that men and women have no more than two drinks a day, with a weekly maximum of 14 drinks for men and nine for women. A drink is the equivalent of 341 mL (12 oz.) of beer, 142 mL (5 oz.) of wine or 45 mL (1 oz.) of spirits.

MochaSofa, June 2001

beenie is offline Senior Member
    What was Terinox's thread about again?

eradikate is offline Senior Member
    will that help? i smoke weed and i have prety bad short term memory. Im planning on quiting weed and beer once i start my first cycle which is real soon....

Originally posted by beenie
    What was Terinox's thread about again?

Who's Terinox???

Originally posted by eradikate
    will that help? i smoke weed and i have prety bad short term memory. Im planning on quiting weed and beer once i start my first cycle which is real soon....
    It's good to hear about this bro. Quit that shit for good, and you'll become a whole new person (or something like that .)

Thread Information