Thread: Lunch At Work

IronCy is offline Senior Member

Lunch At Work

Hey guys,
    Im trying to get my diet back in order, while I was in college, It was easier for me to eat right. For the past two years I have been working at a tech firm....desk job...feel my fat ass gettin fatter every minute....basically, my diet comes and goes depending on my will to stick to it, I do find it really hard to eat healthy when you have a real job that keeps you busy...I dont have the time to prepare a well rounded meal--so I opt for the worst---fast food...I try stick with chicken at ff joints, but thats not healthy either---its just the lesser of the two evils...anyone got any tips, pointers, or recommendations on how to eat 4-6 healthy meals a day when working a 9-5 job. Thanks in advance.
    -Cy

weightsbeforedates is offline Junior Member
    I pack my food with me. I work in a factory so I get three breaks in an eight hour shift so I will take a protein bar for each ten minute break and a solid food meal for lunch break. Hope this helps.

IronCy is offline Senior Member
    thanks guys....so when you pack, what do you take? do you precook chicken breast then, reheat in mic or something? It would help to know what foods you prepare in advance for lunches later in the week.
    -Cy

Uconish is offline Member
    two cans of tuna will give you a quick 60grams of protein

weightsbeforedates is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by IronCy
    thanks guys....so when you pack, what do you take? do you precook chicken breast then, reheat in mic or something? It would help to know what foods you prepare in advance for lunches later in the week.
    -Cy
    I wait till I see the skinless boneless chicken breast on sale and I buy like 10 or 12 pounds at a time. I will cook enough to last me for a few days. My usual work schedule looks like this:

3:00PM - start work
    5:00PM - break - protein bar, water
    7:30PM - lunch break - baked chicken breast, green beans, wheat bread, water
    9:30PM - break - protein bar,water
    11:30PM - end of shift

My eating habits at work are kind of boring but my diet is simple and still yields quality protein. I shouldn't rely so much on the protein bars but my breaks are only 10 minutes long and I don't have much choice. As far as my lunch for work I like to take different things such as: chicken, tuna, turkey, ham, etc. It helps because I do have access to refrigerators and microwaves. hope this helps take care.

ripped_82 is offline Member

This is what i do

I find that having Meal replacements 1-2 times a day really helps and it does fill me up sincew i eta every 3 hrs 5-6 meals per day

Thread Information