co2boi is offline Anabolic Member

Soy Protein VS Animal Protein

What are your thoughts?

dannyisaacs is offline Member
    i would love to know too. gurus answer it.

No thoughts from anyone?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    In regards to what? Just quality in general?

Animal no doubt, nothing builds beef like beef.

~SC~

marlin444 is offline Associate Member
    you are waht you eat. you wanna eat plant matter, youll be built like a soybean stalk. you wanna eat like a chicken, youll be lean, cut with out much fat, like a chicken. you wanna be built like a ****in cow with muscle poppin out everywhere, then eat a cow.

Well, I suppose those are reasonable thoughts, but is there any basis to your opinions? We need certain amino acids in order build muscle tissue (and do other things) so why does it matter where they come from? Is one protein broken down not the same as another? If there are any holes in the requirements, I believe our body can produce most of them itself right. On the other hand, it may take 2 plant proteins to provide the same amino acids as one meat, but isn't it the same in the end?

This isn't a pro-soy argument or anything, just wondering why one would be better than the other.

longhornDr is offline Member
    Animal protein has the ideal amino profile for building muscle, which should be obvious because it is muscle afterall.

The amino profile of plant proteins is pretty ****ty compared to animal flesh.

Soybeans are actually toxic in their natural form, there's extensive processing that the **** has to go through to even be edible. Soy is not something that anyone concerned about being healthy should be eating.

Quote Originally Posted by co2boi
    Well, I suppose those are reasonable thoughts, but is there any basis to your opinions? We need certain amino acids in order build muscle tissue (and do other things) so why does it matter where they come from? Is one protein broken down not the same as another? If there are any holes in the requirements, I believe our body can produce most of them itself right. On the other hand, it may take 2 plant proteins to provide the same amino acids as one meat, but isn't it the same in the end?

This isn't a pro-soy argument or anything, just wondering why one would be better than the other.
    protein is made up of amino acids. amino acids form long polymers by undergoing hydrolosis. (hydrolosis is when a monomer is combinded with another molicule and h20 is excreted, and the carboxil group joins up with a hydrogen from another monomer/polymer.) now protein (the polymer ) is made up of thousands of different combination of the 20 amino acids (the monomers) that are primaraly used in protien. certain amino acids are going to be more abundant in plants rather than animals, and vise versa. im not saying that soy is bad, im just saying for our purpose animal meat is better. sorry if this was unclear im a little tiered. feel free to post if you have any questions.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Isnt soy one of those compounds (like hops in beer) that naturally reduce testosterone ?

Quote Originally Posted by marlin444
    protein is made up of amino acids. amino acids form long polymers by undergoing hydrolosis. (hydrolosis is when a monomer is combinded with another molicule and h20 is excreted, and the carboxil group joins up with a hydrogen from another monomer/polymer.) now protein (the polymer ) is made up of thousands of different combination of the 20 amino acids (the monomers) that are primaraly used in protien. certain amino acids are going to be more abundant in plants rather than animals, and vise versa. im not saying that soy is bad, im just saying for our purpose animal meat is better. sorry if this was unclear im a little tiered. feel free to post if you have any questions.
    That's more to the extent of what I was looking for. I'm still curious as to the overall benefits of meat protein however. Vegetarians seem to do just fine. Maybe not as bodybuilders, but healthy nonetheless. Don't get me wrong, I won't be giving up meat, I like it too much.

Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    Isnt soy one of those compounds (like hops in beer) that naturally reduce testosterone?
    Never heard that, but I would love to know more.

longhornDr is offline Member
    That's more to the extent of what I was looking for. I'm still curious as to the overall benefits of meat protein however. Vegetarians seem to do just fine. Maybe not as bodybuilders, but healthy nonetheless. Don't get me wrong, I won't be giving up meat, I like it too much.
    Vegeterians tend to have more health problems than people who eat a normal diet. Most of the vegetarians I see in the hospital are ****ing trainwrecks.

the relationship between a human and any mamal is remarkably similar. a mouse, cheeta, and a human being all need about 28,000 genetic codes to be developed. whatever was put into that protein in the muscle of an animal must be **** similar to what i need. i cannot however tell you the pros and cons of both. i think like in everything in life, you should have a balance. but being a bodybuilder, you should try to eat animal protein when ever given the choice.

I have a shirt that reads "F*CK SOY" with a big ass cow on it.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I have a shirt that reads "F*CK SOY" with a big ass cow on it.

~SC~
    well, I guess that settles it then

well, I guess that settles it then

Yup, for me it most certainly does.

Your eyes seem to be broken, they are rolling.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Yup, for me it most certainly does.

Your eyes seem to be broken, they are rolling.

~SC~
    lol, yeah that what's soy does to ya. I've never liked Soy myself, but my wife is on a "eat less meat" kick and it's driving me nukin futts. Meat is always the main course of my meals and now she's trying to cook meals that have no meat. Oh hellz naw

I suppose some soy for heart health is not going to make anyone grow man-boobs!

Here and there it's fine.

~SC~

eh, we bought some vanilla soy milk and it tastes pretty ok with cereal, but I still can't see any reason to pay more for it over regular milk unless you are lactose intolerant. It's doesn't even have the good CLA content that cow's milk does.

Dimes is offline Senior Member
    Its all pretty much the same, Id say soy protein is healthier, have actually had better gains being a vegeterian than a meat eater, good luck.

Thread Information