Dj Reversal is offline Associate Member

Quick Cardio Questiono

Well my diet has been going pretty good.. went from 221 down to 203 in 3 months.. Last week i didnt do cardio once, ate horrible, and didnt get to the gym.... Now i feel like a piece of crap, putting on almost 3 lbs.... but my question is this.. Im doing my 45 minutes with 5 minutes warm up/cool down of cardio in the morning pre 1st meal. Is it a bad thing to do cardio like this in the morning and then also a 45 minute session before i go to bed followed by a protein shake or protein/fat meal.

Mark

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Are you doing double sessions daily???

I'd only do that in extreme cases, maybe before a show, pics, etc. Once per day is fine, and diet should address the rest. If you are doing double sessions, when do you work w/weights?

~SC~

I haven't started double sessions.. I was just curious if i should. Right now my basic schedule is this.

Wake up @ 9am.. basically an hour on the bike, 2 regular eggs, and 8 whites.. or 8 whites and a spoon of peanut butter.. Then everry 2 hours or 1 1/2 hours i have some kinda of meal and protein shakes..

Cardio is always done before say 10:30 am , im usually in the gym between 4 - 6... my late night cardio would be around 10pm followed by a protein shake maybe fats if recommended.. I really wanna lose body fat as fast as possible.. Im sick of being chubby.. altho im much happier with the way i look now then when i started this routine

Mark

OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    Hmmm.... id definately say dont do your late night cardio.... your body will still be burning calories after your late night cardio session and since your consuming a shake, your body will use those calories first. A pro/fat meal before bed is supposed to be used by your body while you are sleeping so you do not become catabolic.

If you are doing an hour of cardio on an empty stomach and your diet is solid, you should be burning plenty of fat. If you want to see faster progress, maybe do cardio once a day 6-7 times a week (if your not already).

Good luck,

-ost

yea my diets like 90% solid.. i mean some days ill have like a wonton soup for lunch or something... i get sick of the same thing over and over again.. chicken, turkey etc.etc.. im usually good maybe one or 2 days a week ill have something like soup or grilled chicken in a wrap with bbq sauce or something.. for lunch... i dont cheat horribly.. cept maybe my 1 cheat day.. ill have like 2 slices of pizza for lunch or something

Mark

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    U can't get tired of it if it's results you want.

It takes dedication.

~SC~

yea i hear ya.. its definitely hard to do.. I'm doing pretty good.. Much better then i thought, if you woulda seen my diet habits and workout routine before hand I have done a complete change over.. Im sure after some more time i will be 100% on my diet.. I haven't had soda since i started my diet, and i used to have like 4 liters a day.. used to seriously take in bout 2000 calories a day from soda and juice.. not to mention how much sugar.. now im 75% water, 25% crystal light.

February 1st is my target date to start a fina/prop/winny routine. so i figured 6 months of hard dieting / cardio and working out to get as good as i can on my own, then when i finish that gear it should put me into the end of may, early june... which will be perfect for the summer.

Mark

Thread Information