Thread: post workout ?

61196119 is offline New Member

post workout ?

if i lift and then do 40 minutes of cardio is this too long of a time to then have my post workout shake.

Boost n Juice is offline Associate Member
    Bro, you got your workout all wrong...

You should of your PWO immediately after a workout, some say not later than 15mins of your last rep, I think it should be before that...

You should not be doing cardio anywhere near the time frame of lifting...Cardio is best done first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, and lifting in the evening...

Cardio is done to LOSE fat, and lifting is to GAIN muscle...It's two entirely different states your body goes through...

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Very well stated Boost!!!!!!!

Thank you!

~SC~

61196119 is offline New Member
    ok no cardio, but what is the longest you can wait to have your pwo drink

The longest I've ever heard is 15mins...I feel the sooner the better...

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    I heard you can wait up to 1 hour and still get the benefits, but it sort of makes sense to have it as soon as possible. I personally do my workout then walk the 3 minutes home then have it.

mitch911 is offline Member
    i usually have a quick shower then start drinking mine. You should have your PWO in 1L of water and drink half of it asap after your workout and then sip on the other half for the duration of the next 40-60 mins to get a constant flow of nutrients

It's ideal to consume the liquid pwo shake immediately after training, in a duration of 15-20 mins to allow adequate absorption.

You then want to ingest a solid pwo offering 1 to 1.5 hours after you finish the first pwo offering.

~SC~

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Since most people, including myself, can't make it to the gym twice in one day...What would you suggest doing to break up the time between cardio and weights. For a while now i have been doing cardio then weights right after and I have had "decent" success but now have hit a plateau. Would doing cardio first, having a shake, then lifting shortly after be a good idea? Or would someone on a cutting diet be better off either making the two trips to the gym or purchasing a exercise bike (or something like that) for morning cardio and doing the weights at the gym later at night? Thanks for the help/advise.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGRMI
    Since most people, including myself, can't make it to the gym twice in one day...
    How hard is it to wake up an hour earlier than you normally do to go jogging or to the gym for some cardio?

bmwrob is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boost n Juice
    How hard is it to wake up an hour earlier than you normally do to go jogging or to the gym for some cardio?
    I have sort of the same problem. My gym opens at 6am and I work at 6:30am (which is 20 minutes away by car). I do my cardio after lifting. Due to this it is usually around 4 hours between my pre and post w/o meals(with drivetime,changing, stretching, etc...). Is there anything that I can do to help with that situation?

Another job?

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by bmwrob
    I have sort of the same problem. My gym opens at 6am and I work at 6:30am (which is 20 minutes away by car). I do my cardio after lifting. Due to this it is usually around 4 hours between my pre and post w/o meals(with drivetime,changing, stretching, etc...). Is there anything that I can do to help with that situation?
    Buy an $100 exercise bike and set your alarm clock to 5am...

bitta is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boost n Juice
    Buy an $100 exercise bike and set your alarm clock to 5am...
    exactly!! where there is a will there is a way

Thread Information