Whitey is offline Anabolic Member

Arrow Flame away on this diet !!!!

Hey bros, any input is appreciated on this diet. I tried to use the principles from this forum in constructing this diet, but I'm sure I've overlooked some stuff. Feel free to be picky and flame away on any problem you see.

Objective:
    I'm 6'0", 205, 26 yrs. old, and up to almost 15%bf. I'm throwing around some ideas for a first cycle, but first want to get my diet in order, get to a lean 210.

The workout component is a 3-day split routine. I will be adding the morning cardio @ 65%-75% MHR.

Here's what I've got right now:

Lift Days

7:00 a.m.
    Lean Protein from fat-free cottage cheese or egg whites, 1/2 cup (measured uncooked) oatmeal
    [protein – 40g, carbs – 50g]

9:00 a.m.
    Whey Protein; 2 tbsp flax or olive oil
    [protein – 50g, fat – 30g]

12:00 p.m.
    Beef jerky, nuts
    [protein – 40g, fat – 20g]
    ** I am at school during this time and really have no access to decent food. It’s tough to bring & store food there.

3:00 p.m.
    Chicken Breast, Veggies, 1/2 cup brown rice or pasta.
    [protein – 40g, carbs – 70g]

Workout

5:30 p.m.
    PWO Meal
    Whey Protein, Dextrose
    [protein – 50g, carbs – 100g]

7:30 p.m.
    Steak, Pork, Salmon, or Chicken, Veggies, and a little cheese or some other fat I'm craving
    [protein – 40g, fat – 20g]

Rough Totals: 260g protein [40%], 220g carbs [35%], and 70g fat [25%] -- 2550 Kcal.

Cardio Days

Morning Cardio

same except no PWO nutrition, instead:

5:30 p.m.
    Whey Protein, blended with 1/2 cup oatmeal
    [protein – 50g, carbs – 30g]

Rough Totals: 260g protein [47%], 140g carbs [25%], and 70g fat [28%] -- 2230 Kcal.

That's what I've got so far, guys.

Is it enough calories? I want to get lean, but I want to increase my muscle mass as well. I should mention, my metabolism may be slightly lower than average.

Enough carbs in here?

Any feedback is welcome, guys - thanks!
    Last edited by Whitey; 12-10-2004 at 12:11 PM.

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    I would lose the cottage cheese in the first meal and replace it with chicken or fish or lean meat. I wouldn't count nuts as protein since all the protein in them is incomplete proteins. Lose the pasta all together. If you goal is to cut then the only serious amount of carbs that should be in your diet is in the PWO.

Boost n Juice is offline Associate Member
    Haven't even looked at your diet, but your cardios off by a lot...

First of all you say morning RUN...In order to burn fat you need to keep your heart rate at 55%-70% of your target heart rate. Target heart rate: 220-26(your age) = 194 X .55 107 minimum, 194 X .70 136 maximum...So you must keep your heart rate between 107-136 using a heart rate monitor, nike ones can be bought for $60 shipped off Ebay.com there are also some non-nike ones for $40ish. For most people running well put you well above the 55%-70%, a "power" walk or a slight jog is what you want. If you go above the 70% you will become catabolic which uses a lot of muscle for fuel...Finally, you need to do cardio for at least 45minutes for five days a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Boost n Juice
    Haven't even looked at your diet, but your cardios off by a lot...

First of all you say morning RUN...In order to burn fat you need to keep your heart rate at 55%-70% of your target heart rate. Target heart rate: 220-26(your age) = 194 X .55 107 minimum, 194 X .70 136 maximum...So you must keep your heart rate between 107-136 using a heart rate monitor, nike ones can be bought for $60 shipped off Ebay.com there are also some non-nike ones for $40ish. For most people running well put you well above the 55%-70%, a "power" walk or a slight jog is what you want. If you go above the 70% you will become catabolic which uses a lot of muscle for fuel...Finally, you need to do cardio for at least 45minutes for five days a week.
    I think I can handle that.
    I'll edit the post. Thanks, bro.

Arrow Other Suggestions?

What else would you guys change or tweak on this diet?

Thread Information