Thread: Good breakfast?

Aggression is offline Member

Good breakfast?

I am 24 years old 6' 220 with a gut. I am trying to lose some body fat. Is this a good breakfast for me:

Days I don't workout that day:

1 scoop of whey in 8 oz. of water
    3 whole eggs
    multi vit, 500 mg vit c

Days I do workout that day:

5 egg whites with salt
    1/2 cup of oatmeal with splenda and cinnamon mixed with Non Fat dairy beverage
    multi vit, 500 mg vit c

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    ots hard to say if they are ok with out knowing your entire approach, but at first glance they look like decent meal options

dcb

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Precisely, looked upon as one meal, great. However, w/out knowing what the other 5-6 meals during the day are, your cardio, weights, rest, supps, etc., it's like pissin' in the wind as far as commentary on productivity.

~SC~

Aggression is offline Member
    Here is my diet layout:

1)Breakfast 5:15-5:30 am (days I workout that day)

5 egg whites with salt
    1/2 cup of oatmeal with splenda and cinnamon mixed with Non Fat dairy beverage
    multi vit, 500 mg vit c

Breakfast 5:15-5:30 am (days I don't workout that day)

3 whole eggs
    multi vit, 500 mg vit c

2)Lunch 10:30 am (I eat at work)

Turkey sandwich
    or (alternating with)
    Tunafish sandwich

3) Pre Workout (days I lift) 3:30 pm

Chicken breast with some pasta or some vegetables

Dinner (days I don't lift in place of Pre Workout meal) 3:30 pm

1/4 cup of whole natural almonds (26 pieces)
    Steak broiled with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray, steak spices, garlic salt, salt, and pepper
    or (alternating with)
    16 oz. boneless salmon fillet (preferably Wild Alaskin) broiled with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray, garlic salt, salt, and pepper and 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil poured on after cooking

Post Workout 5:30 pm (days I lift)

IMMEDIATLY AFTER MY LAST SET

Whey protein shake and dextrose 50 g pro 100 g dex

4)Post-Post Workout 6:15 pm (days I lift)

1 3-4oz. chicken breast with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray, marinade, salt, and pepper
    pasta
    500 mg of vit c

Evening Meal (days I don't lift in place of PPWO meal) 6:15 pm

2 tbsp of natural peanut butter
    1 3-4oz. chicken breast with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray, chicken spices, salt, and pepper
    500 mg of vit c

5)Bedtime meal 8:30 pm

Micellean protein shake (2 scoops, 40 g of protein) with 2 cups of Non Fat dairy beverage and 1 tbsp of flax oil with lignans

Sleep 9:00 pm

I will also be drinking 2 gallons of water a day

I will be lifting weights 3 times a week (m,w,f) and doing cardio (boxing) 3 times a week (tues,thurs,fri) sat sun are rest days although I'm probably gonna start doing some sprints on sundays come spring time.

So my question still stands, on the days I dont workout is 1 scoop of whey in 8 oz. of water, 3 whole eggs, multi vit, and 500 mg vit c a good breakfast?

Or should I stick with 1 scoop of whey in 8 oz. of water, 5 egg whites with salt, 1/2 cup of oatmeal with splenda and cinnamon mixed with Non Fat dairy beverage, multi vit, and 500 mg vit c on the days I do and don't workout?

Actually I was thinking a better breakfast would be to have 1 scoop of whey in 8 oz. of water, 3 egg whites and 1 whole egg, 1/2 cup of oatmeal with splenda and cinnamon mixed with Non Fat dairy beverage, multi vit, and 500 mg vit c.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Aggression; 12-11-2004 at 03:26 PM.

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    hmmm, if u were bulking bro then i would say the pasta and such are DECEnt OPTIONS, but for cutting i dont think they are optimal. choose different less processed carbs like sweet potatoes, yams, rice ect. so look out for that and also, before we go further in the diet department, U NEED CARDIO IMO to cut up nice an drop the gut (5-7 days a week not just 3). and another thing that jumped out at me was your first and second meals being seperated by 5 hours, thats too long with out protein. those are just the things that jump out at me, i am sure the other bros will add there openions

DCB

cb25 is offline Banned
    dalcow hit a lot of important points...

the point i see first, is the spacing of meals...whether you're cutting or bulking, you should be eating every few hours for sure. 5 hours between your first and second meals is too long IMHO.

my personal opinion is that I would have a pro/carb breakfast everyday, whether you're working out or not (unless you're doing cardio first thing...). I'd stick to the oats, protein and egg whites for your first meal. JMO.

Thread Information