Aggression is offline Member

A couple of tuna questions

Here are a couple questions I have:

1. If I'm trying to cut some bodyfat while puting on muscle, would eating a can of albacore tuna mixed with 1 tbsp of full fat mayo be a good pro/fat meal for lunch?

2. Is eating 1 small can of tuna at a sitdown (along with the mayo) too much or too little tuna for one meal. BTW I'm 24 6' 220.

3. Does anyone here still eat canned tuna rather than the tuna that comes in the pouch? What is the difference and which one is better? I know the cans are cheaper. Would eating the canned tuna be alright to eat seeing that I'm on a budget?

4. What is the best kind of tuna to eat in terms of building muscle? I always thought and heard it was albacore. Is this true?

Thanks fellas.
    Last edited by Aggression; 12-13-2004 at 04:39 AM.

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    CAPS

Quote Originally Posted by Aggression
    Here are a couple questions I have:

1. If I'm trying to cut some bodyfat while puting on muscle, would eating a can of albacore tuna mixed with 1 tbsp of full fat mayo be a good pro/fat meal for lunch?
    ITS FINE

2. Is eating 1 small can of tuna at a sitdown (along with the mayo) too much or too little tuna for one meal. BTW I'm 24 6' 220.
    NO, ITS A FINE MEAL

3. Does anyone here still eat canned tuna rather than the tuna that comes in the pouch? What is the difference and which one is better? I know the cans are cheaper. Would eating the canned tuna be alright to eat seeing that I'm on a budget?
    THE KIND IN TH EPUCH IS GONNA TASTE BETTER, BUT THE CAN IS FINE
    4. What is the best kind of tuna to eat in terms of building muscle? I always thought and heard it was albacore. Is this true?
    TUNA=TUNA, JUST FREGGIN EAT IT
    Thanks fellas.
    DCB

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    tuna is tuna bro, all kinds are high in protein. i personally have a can twice a day. i even have it with 2 tbsp mayo for protein/fat meal. and i can has approx 30grams of protein so its ok for one meal.

Yeah 1 can of tuna with a tbsp of mayo doesn't sound too filling though. Usually I would have a tuna fish and cheese sandwich but I'm trying to drop some bodyfat so bread is a no-no.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    i usually try to shoot for 50g of protein at every meal so thats about a can and a half... if youre only eating 30g per meal at 6 meals a day, thats not a lot of protein in your daily intake

OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    Personally, I think albercore tuna tastes like @ss.... I usually consume one big can with hot sauce to cover up the taste, the have 1/4 cup of almonds...

How about if I ate a large can of tuna with 2 tbsp of full fat spicy hot sause mixed with it in a bowl? Per 2 tbsp. the sause has 15 g of fat in it and no carbs.

Would that be an adaquate pro/fat meal?
    Last edited by Aggression; 12-13-2004 at 07:10 PM.

6_pak is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggression
    How about if I ate a large can of tuna with 2 tbsp of full fat spicy hot sause mixed with it in a bowl? Per 2 tbsp. the sause has 15 g of fat in it and no carbs.

Would that be an adaquate pro/fat meal?
    I would throw in Natty PB or almonds or flax oil

Why would you do that? That would make (between the sauce and almonds) like 30g of fat.

Thread Information