Thread: egg question

clchase is offline Female Member

egg question

Ok, so I'm aware that a whole large egg has 6 grams of protein, but does anyone know that actaul protein in an egg white only? Is it really only 3 grams as I have heard elsewhere?

thanks in advance.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    3.5 usually for a standard large egg.

~SC~

Aggression is offline Member
    A question I have is the fat contained in eggs a good source of fat?

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    3.5 usually for a standard large egg.

~SC~

Swole, thanks for your input. Almost as soon as I posted the question, I realized what a lazy, silly girl I was being and put the question into a search and comae up with........you guessed it! The exact same answer you just gave me! Thank you, kindly, for your time and input!

Quote Originally Posted by clchase
    Swole, thanks for your input. Almost as soon as I posted the question, I realized what a lazy, silly girl I was being and put the question into a search and comae up with........you guessed it! The exact same answer you just gave me! Thank you, kindly, for your time and input!
    De nada!

Oh, Aggression, it's a good source of fat for a fat/protein meal, yes, but it's not the most healthiest TYPE of fat, no. The cholesterol issue is way overblown, so don't worry too much about that, but do include heart-healthy oils in your daily diet to balance out red meat, eggs, etc. Your body manufactures cholesterol as well, and that is usually where high cholesterol levels originate, not from external sources as many may think.

~SC~

De nada!

Oh, Aggression, it's a good source of fat for a fat/protein meal, yes, but it's not the most healthiest TYPE of fat, no. The cholesterol issue is way overblown, so don't worry too much about that, but do include heart-healthy oils in your daily diet to balance out red meat, eggs, etc. Your body manufactures cholesterol as well, and that is usually where high cholesterol levels originate, not from external sources as many may think.

~SC~
    Swole, you have answered every other thread here EXCEPT for my girl needs diet advice! Was i that bad there?!? LOL! Or is it becasue I am a girl?? Haha!

Quote Originally Posted by clchase
    Swole, you have answered every other thread here EXCEPT for my girl needs diet advice! Was i that bad there?!? LOL! Or is it becasue I am a girl?? Haha!

It's not that, it's that my time is limited and that is a very in depth/long post, and many have already contributed, so I haven't taken the time to look into it, as I simply can't this a.m. I've a lot going on here is the office, errands, IM, consulting, etc. People who have contracted me would get pissed if I wasn't there for them!

I'll try to take a looksie later on if time permits, but the guys here are great.

~SC~

It's not that, it's that my time is limited and that is a very in depth/long post, and many have already contributed, so I haven't taken the time to look into it, as I simply can't this a.m. I've a lot going on here is the office, errands, IM, consulting, etc. People who have contracted me would get pissed if I wasn't there for them!

I'll try to take a looksie later on if time permits, but the guys here are great.

~SC~

Heck SC, I was only joking around, it's hard to get my type of humor to come over well "online"! I don't expect you to do any such thing, I was really only trying to be a bit "humorous"! Enjoy your day...

And yes, BTW, I have goten some great advice from lots here, and I appreciate it tremendously!!! Thanks again!

Thread Information