Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member

Pinch An Inch ????

Im busy bulking up and just wanted to know if it is normal to be able to pinch more than an inch of fat around my sides. I find it hard to gain weight so eat pretty much all day long and try to keep unclean foods to a minimum, eating a lot of pasta type foods and keeping cardio down to a minimum.

My main concern is around the gut area and the sides, especially when im sitting down.

Is this normal, and will it sort its self out when I come to do cut in march?

Im not using any gear at the minute either

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemical King
    Im busy bulking up and just wanted to know if it is normal to be able to pinch more than an inch of fat around my sides. I find it hard to gain weight so eat pretty much all day long and try to keep unclean foods to a minimum, eating a lot of pasta type foods and keeping cardio down to a minimum.

My main concern is around the gut area and the sides, especially when im sitting down.

Is this normal, and will it sort its self out when I come to do cut in march?

Im not using any gear at the minute either
    i wouldnt worry unless you personally feel you have gotten too flabby. I can pinch an inch, but im bulking so i dont care. If your cutting and you still have the bf after a couple of weeks, then worry. But imo if your bulking a little extra bf is unnavoidable.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Well, I consider pasta pretty "unclean" myself being that it's flour and a processed carb.

W/out cardio (which is good to include even when bulking for circulation/recovery, and the most important muscle we have, our HEART) pasta will lay down some serious chunk. If you ingest more carbs than you need for energy, you will simply store it as energy (fat) to be used at a later time.

Cleaner choices, more cardio, etc. It will only "sort itself out" if you diet correctly. The more chunk you have to lose down the road, the more chance you have at dieting off your lean mass, and that's never a good thing.

You may want to post this is the diet forum.

~SC~

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Well, I consider pasta pretty "unclean" myself being that it's flour and a processed carb.

W/out cardio (which is good to include even when bulking for circulation/recovery, and the most important muscle we have, our HEART) pasta will lay down some serious chunk. If you ingest more carbs than you need for energy, you will simply store it as energy (fat) to be used at a later time.

Cleaner choices, more cardio, etc. It will only "sort itself out" if you diet correctly. The more chunk you have to lose down the road, the more chance you have at dieting off your lean mass, and that's never a good thing.

~SC~
    I bet your kids take the weirdest lunches to school!

Can you describe "weird"?

I have one child, my son who is 5.

I don't just owe it to him to eat junk food as the other kids do, I owe it to him to teach him about eating healthy and respecting his body. He partakes in all the "goodies" that other kids do, I do not deprive him of that. But, there is a reason that he is the biggest/tallest child in his kindergarten class, and it all starts with what you feed your child.

He gets to go to McDonald's, eat ice cream, mac/cheese, juice, chocolate milk, candy, etc., however those do not comprise his daily menu as is the case w/many parents who either don't give a sh*t and are too lazy to educate/take care of their children's health, or who eat that way themselves.

My child eats school lunches with the other kids, or I pack him turkey sandwiches, juices, yogurt, jello, etc. When he eats breakfast here and dinner and snacks, we utilize healthy choices for him, and he LIKES them. If you are an intelligent parent and you introduce healthy choices from the get-go, your child will grow to like those choices, and will thank you later on in life for helping him/her while he/she was growing up.

So, he is not deprived whatsoever, he is educated. He is 5, and could probably break down more about carbs/fats/protein/cardio/cheat days/etc., than about 50% of the members on this board.

~SC~
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 12-07-2004 at 11:53 AM.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    So, he is not deprived whatsoever, he is educated. He is 5, and could probably break down more about carbs/fats/protein/cardio/cheat days/etc., than about 50% of the members on this board.

~SC~
    LMAO

~SC~
    I hear what you are saying swole but I feel that pasta is a very big help when it comes to getting the calories that I need, but as usual your feedback is of the highest quality. -Cheers

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    He is 5, and could probably break down more about carbs/fats/protein/cardio/cheat days/etc., than about 50% of the members on this board.

~SC~
    Oh yeah??!! Well, I bet he can't out-bench me! So THERE! neener neener neener!

LOL @ neener neener neener.

He won't be able to touch you in benching until he's a least 9.

~SC~

Manson is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dflood
    rock on....i know when i have a kid hes gonna mack a crazy amount of turkey and whole wheat bread for school lunches. and he'll like it
    this is assuming i have a kid, and it is a he.
    LOL

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    Its good your bringing your kid up the way you are bro! There should be more parents like you. Your very responsible, and from what you've said i couldn't think of a more deserving father. You educate your child, and allow him to make the correct choices on his own, not force him to do one thing, or allow him to do whatever.

Good job, and congrats!
    Last edited by angelxterminator; 12-14-2004 at 10:45 PM.

I couldn't agree more. I always get my son to eat healthy. Our household doesn't own things like chip pans and that sort of crap. Although my lass swears by things that come in tins I always prefere the option of a well balanced meal for me and my 2 year old son. Thats why I do all the cooking and because I used to be a chef I know what Im doing

meat is offline Associate Member
    this makes me want to have a little boy swole good job bro you are a source of my motovation

yeah, Swole always speaks the truth !

cb25 is offline Banned
    Can you describe "weird"?

I have one child, my son who is 5.

I don't just owe it to him to eat junk food as the other kids do, I owe it to him to teach him about eating healthy and respecting his body. He partakes in all the "goodies" that other kids do, I do not deprive him of that. But, there is a reason that he is the biggest/tallest child in his kindergarten class, and it all starts with what you feed your child.

He gets to go to McDonald's, eat ice cream, mac/cheese, juice, chocolate milk, candy, etc., however those do not comprise his daily menu as is the case w/many parents who either don't give a sh*t and are too lazy to educate/take care of their children's health, or who eat that way themselves.

My child eats school lunches with the other kids, or I pack him turkey sandwiches, juices, yogurt, jello, etc. When he eats breakfast here and dinner and snacks, we utilize healthy choices for him, and he LIKES them. If you are an intelligent parent and you introduce healthy choices from the get-go, your child will grow to like those choices, and will thank you later on in life for helping him/her while he/she was growing up.

~SC~
    well said...i hope i can have that sort of influence years down the road when and if i'm lucky enough to get a kid.

calidude is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cb25
    well said...i hope i can have that sort of influence years down the road when and if i'm lucky enough to get a kid.
    Me too. Can we all join the same PTA??

Scooby1 is offline Member
    too late calidude seems liek we are on the AR-PTA. j/k all you have good ideas and good policies on raising kids.

Thread Information