You guys think I'm cutting my calories too much?

Ok, here's the deal, I'm 240 lbs at about 16-18% bodyfat. I suppose I'm a fairly decent sized guy, I had been bulking for the past 4 or 5 months and towards the end of my bulk up phase calorie consumption was around 6000 a day. I'm now shredding and cut my cals to around 3000-3500/day. I'm gradually starting to introduce cardio into my regimen again, probably 2 times a week this week, 3 times next week, then probably 4 days a week thereforth. I have noticed a significant loss in strength, but I'm not dead feeling throughout the day, a little tired but not bad. Is 3-3500 cals day too big of a drop at one time, or you think I'm ok with it if I keep my training no more than 45 min a shot?? Oh yeah, anabolics will come into play in about 3-4 more weeks, trying to get around 12-13% bodyfat first.

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    Ok, here's the deal, I'm 240 lbs at about 16-18% bodyfat. I suppose I'm a fairly decent sized guy, I had been bulking for the past 4 or 5 months and towards the end of my bulk up phase calorie consumption was around 6000 a day. I'm now shredding and cut my cals to around 3000-3500/day. I'm gradually starting to introduce cardio into my regimen again, probably 2 times a week this week, 3 times next week, then probably 4 days a week thereforth. I have noticed a significant loss in strength, but I'm not dead feeling throughout the day, a little tired but not bad. Is 3-3500 cals day too big of a drop at one time, or you think I'm ok with it if I keep my training no more than 45 min a shot?? Oh yeah, anabolics will come into play in about 3-4 more weeks, trying to get around 12-13% bodyfat first.
    you shouldnt cut cals that fast. start from your bulking calories and drop down cals by 500 every week til you get to a deficit of 500-1000cals below maintenance. you dont want to shock your body. also cardio of two times a week is insufficient. 4-5 times a week @45mins at 65-70% of mhr would be ideal. good luck.

Thread Information