Justarting is offline Associate Member

What are the best carbs for lean bulking?!

Hey guys IM trying to conspire a list of the best lean carbohydrates for bulking.... So far i have

Slow cook oats
    Vegetables
    Some fruits

Foods i Specifically did not put on the list because i dont feel that they are truly "great" for it woudl be
    Whole grain pastas and rice
    Milk( sugar)

Do you guys have any other great sources of carbs I should eat while clean bulking? I love oatmeal so thats a plus, but anything else a little more calorie dense than the vegetables?

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    theres not really anything wrong with brown rice, its a good lean bulker like oatmeal is. Youre right about milk being a bad idea, mixing fat/sugar/carbs is never a good idea.

niXon)( is offline Member
    yams, potatos, white rice, oats, and sometimes bread, esparagus(sp), those are what I eat...

potatos and white rice says it all right there man... make sure u know what your talking abut before you try to answer a questions and misleadingly spread your ignorance to other people. White rice and potatos are like eating pure sugar in terms of insulin response.

A and F....
    True theres nothing really WRONG with brown rice, but its G.I is higher than oats, and im looking for the BEST of the carbs. I must admit tho right now I am currently eatinb long grain brown rice, but I'm wondering what is better?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    What is with your attitude? You'd be wise to lose it if you EVER want help here, or you want to remain an active member.

FYI, I utilize white rice and potatoes daily, and I have no problems stayin' ripped. YOU just don't know HOW to include them in your diet, and that is no one's fault but your own. My clients eat that all the time as well, and this is while getting RIPPED and dieting, not even "lean bulking" as you wish to do. So, you and your word "ignorance" would apply towards YOU if anything, as you are ignorant as to how to include these items in a solid nutritional approach.

You've lots to learn, but w/that attitude, no one is really going to help you. I can't believe I read that, really.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by Justarting
    potatos and white rice says it all right there man... make sure u know what your talking abut before you try to answer a questions and misleadingly spread your ignorance to other people. White rice and potatos are like eating pure sugar in terms of insulin response.

A and F....
    True theres nothing really WRONG with brown rice, but its G.I is higher than oats, and im looking for the BEST of the carbs. I must admit tho right now I am currently eatinb long grain brown rice, but I'm wondering what is better?
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 12-16-2004 at 05:30 PM.

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    brown rice and yams

Are white rice and potatos useful in any other situation other than Post workout or ppwo with a g.i well over 100 each? And i dont see how I have an attitude, in fact it seems as though you have made it you're true passion to seek out my threads, and rather than contribute, insult me personally and defend every other member, even if there contributions are completely innacurate. Now I know you're ripped, and I definately beleive you now that you can include white rice and potatos, but at what points is what im asking. Ordinarily, you woulnd't want to be eating that, because thats the equivalent of eating sugar. I'm far from as knowledgabel as you are in diet, I think we both know that, but I'm talking in general what are the best carbs to eat for a lean diet. You wouldn't have said dextrose to answer this question would you? Yet dextrose is used as post workout and is a VERY important part of it. You knew what I meant by the question and you're intentionally looking for little "loopholes"
    in my statements in an attempt to prove yourself superior.

CAPS BELOW. THIS IS MY LAST WARNING, AND THEN I'LL HAVE TO CONTACT THE ADMINS AGAIN AS THEY ASKED ME TO KEEP THEM AWARE OF THE STATUS OF THIS THREAD.

Are white rice and potatos useful in any other situation other than Post workout or ppwo with a g.i well over 100 each?

YES, THEY ARE DEPENDENT UPON WHICH PROGRAM YOU ARE DOING AND HOW YOU CONSTRUCT YOUR DIET.

And i dont see how I have an attitude

WELL, SEE ABOVE AND READ WHAT YOU WROTE TO THE OTHER GENTLEMAN. HE GAVE YOU TWO PERFECTLY FINE CARBS TO USE, AND YOU TOLD HIM HE WAS MISLEADING PEOPLE AND KNEW NOTHING.

, in fact it seems as though you have made it you're true passion to seek out my threads, and rather than contribute, insult me personally and defend every other member, even if there contributions are completely innacurate.

TOO BAD YOU FEEL THAT WAY, BUT THAT IS NOT WHAT I DO. I RESPONDED HERE BECAUSE YOU ACTED LIKE AN ASS, PERIOD. I DON'T HAVE TIME TO FOLLOW YOU AROUND, I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO YOU ARE, NOR DO I RECOGNIZE YOUR NAME AS BEING ANYONE OF GREAT IMPORTANCE, SORRY TO DISAPPOINT YOU.

Now I know you're ripped, and I definately beleive you now that you can include white rice and potatos, but at what points is what im asking.

AGAIN, IT'S DEPENDENT UPON GOALS. HECK, I KNOW GUYS WHO USE THIS IN THEIR FINAL WEEK OF CONTEST PREP!!!

Ordinarily, you woulnd't want to be eating that, because thats the equivalent of eating sugar.

NO, IT'S NOT. SUGAR HAS NO NUTRITIONAL VALUE, THE OTHER CARBS DO.
    THERE IS A DIFFERENCE APART FROM GI, THAT IS ALL THAT YOU ARE FOCUSING ON.

I'm far from as knowledgabel as you are in diet, I think we both know that, but I'm talking in general what are the best carbs to eat for a lean diet. You wouldn't have said dextrose to answer this question would you?

NO, BUT AGAIN, YOU ARE MISSING THE BOAT ON OTHER ATTRIBUTES OF THE OTHER FOODS.

Yet dextrose is used as post workout and is a VERY important part of it. You knew what I meant by the question and you're intentionally looking for little "loopholes"
    in my statements in an attempt to prove yourself superior.

I DON'T NEED TO PROVE MYSELF SUPERIOR TO ANYONE. MY PROOF IS ALL OVER, IN MY TITLE, IN MY SIGNATURE, IN MY PICS, IN MY HISTORY, IN MY FUTURE. YOU SIMPLY DOGGED SOMEONE OUT WHO WAS TRYING TO HELP, AND NOW YOU ARE TRYING TO SHIFT THE FOCUS OF THAT ON TO ME. NICE TRY, BUT IT AIN'T GONNA WORK. NO LOOPHOLES, JUST A SH*TTY ATTITUDE, THAT IS THE ISSUE.
    Again, either abide by the rules set forth here, or I'll have someone deal w/you. Take it for face value, I couldn't give a sh*t less, I'll always be here.

Regards,
    ~SC~

I apologize for criticizing the other person, but only in the manner in which i did so. Insulting his knowledge was uncalled for and I'll admit that, but I dont think there was any problem with me disagreeing with him. I'll leave it at that.

N00b is offline Banned
    White rice is OK?

Thank goodness. I haven't acquired a taste for brown rice (I try my best but it's never as good). I love the white fluffy rice. Swole, is it ok for someone who is trying to gain some lean muscle mass (while shedding BF) to use white rice w/chicken and potato on weight training days (3 days a week), instead of brown rice?

Quote Originally Posted by N00b
    White rice is OK?

Thank goodness. I haven't acquired a taste for brown rice (I try my best but it's never as good). I love the white fluffy rice. Swole, is it ok for someone who is trying to gain some lean muscle mass (while shedding BF) to use white rice w/chicken and potato on weight training days (3 days a week), instead of brown rice?
    Yes it is. Even more "safe" if you are using it as a post-workout offering, but it can be used @ other times as well as long as other dietary issues are addressed.

~SC~

I apologize for criticizing the other person, but only in the manner in which i did so. Insulting his knowledge was uncalled for and I'll admit that, but I dont think there was any problem with me disagreeing with him. I'll leave it at that.
    It's fine to disagree, of course bro. It's just the way in which you went about doing it that sucked.

BTW, I am not "out to get you" or anything of that nature, believe me, I am not into playing Internet message board games. I've been doing this 4 years now, going on 5, and that kind of stuff gets old.

Peace!
    ~SC~

Thread Information